Othram - General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have two cases in one day to share. This is another case out of NY. We worked with Bethlehem PD and the FBI to identify a man found in 1981. It is an interesting case as NY law has changed because of this case and will now be more favorable towards efforts to identify Jane and John Does.

Bethlehem John Doe (1981) is Now Identified

No wonder you said there were good things coming, this week! Three cases!!!

Well, we have two cases in one day to share. This is another case out of NY. We worked with Bethlehem PD and the FBI to identify a man found in 1981. It is an interesting case as NY law has changed because of this case and will now be more favorable towards efforts to identify Jane and John Does.

Bethlehem John Doe (1981) is Now Identified

"As a result of this case this policy was changed in April of 2021 to now allow for the familial submission of DNA for the purposes of identifying an unidentified person."

That's incredible! Great work, once again.

@othram what would you say the hardest case you've done or are currently working on has been so far?
Hard to say, but out of recent announcements, probably Walker County Jane Doe / Sherri Jarvis. The remaining evidence was terrible and it took quite some time to build a suitable DNA profile.

Many of you have been to dnasolves.com to look at cases we are funding or cases that have recently been announced by law enforcement as solved. We are working on a new layout — a sort of newsfeed that gives you updates chronologically on all cases.

We would be grateful if some of you would take a look and provide feedback. If enough people like it, we might also turn this into a weekly email newsletter to keep people updated on the latest things we are up to.

Take a look: www.dnasolves.com/articles/feed

Many of you have been to dnasolves.com to look at cases we are funding or cases that have recently been announced by law enforcement as solved. We are working on a new layout — a sort of newsfeed that gives you updates chronologically on all cases.

We would be grateful if some of you would take a look and provide feedback. If enough people like it, we might also turn this into a weekly email newsletter to keep people updated on the latest things we are up to.

YES!!! I love this. A short synopsis and done chronologically? Perfect.

I really like it!

I really like this new layout! My only suggestion would be to share less fundraising updates (maybe instead of every 25%, do 0, 50%, 100% as the increments) to make it easier to scroll further back in time.

Othram...watched the Carla Walker story last night.....was new to this cold case and glad it was resolved, finally!
Great to see your lab was instrumental in finding her murderer. I have much respect for you and your team..not to mention the power of DNA!

Watching the evolution and ultimate resolution of the Carla Walker case on Dateline was fascinating. Even though I lived through the 1970s and earlier they really illustrated how much investigative resources and techniques have changed and expanded since that period. Kudos to FWPD in regard to their foresight in preserving the evidence.

Watching the evolution and ultimate resolution of the Carla Walker case on Dateline was fascinating. Even though I lived through the 1970s and earlier they really illustrated how much investigative resources and techniques have changed and expanded since that period. Kudos to FWPD in regard to their foresight in preserving the evidence.
Great investigators all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member