Out of place items in Ramsey home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that her pink PJ bottoms were later found under her pillow...on her bed. You can see them in the crime scene photos...of her bedroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Ames,
Always a pleasure to read you.:)

I may be wrong, but I thought that the pink PJ top was found on the bed, and that the pillow was at the end of the bed.

I thought that Patsy was unable to find the pink PJ bottoms on Christmas night and was going through the dresser to find other PJ bottoms. Patsy found the white bottoms and put those on her.

At the moment I'm unable to recall what the white bottoms are called...I keep thinking thermal underwear and it won't get out of my head. There is another term used and I can't remember it.

In keeping with the topic wasn't there a Santa doll in her room that was called into question because the R's claimed it did not belong to anyone in that house? Unless the Santa doll issue was resolved and I'm not aware of it.
If not resolved then I would consider the Santa doll an out of place item for sure.

Hi Ames,

I may be wrong, but I thought that the pink PJ top was found on the bed, and that the pillow was at the end of the bed.

I thought that Patsy was unable to find the pink PJ bottoms on Christmas night and was going through the dresser to find other PJ bottoms. Patsy found the white bottoms and put those on her.

At the moment I'm unable to recall what the white bottoms are called...I keep thinking thermal underwear and it won't get out of my head. There is another term used and I can't remember it.

In keeping with the topic wasn't there a Santa doll in her room that was called into question because the R's claimed it did not belong to anyone in that house? Unless the Santa doll issue was resolved and I'm not aware of it.
If not resolved then I would consider the Santa doll an out of place item for sure.
Longjohns? Is that what you're trying to think of?

There was a Santa bear that came into question. I think DeeDee posted on that bear awhile back, and I read somewhere that it was in fact a bear she got during one of the pageants. However, I can't remember the source of that bit of info, so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Hi Ames,

Respectfully snipped by me.

The top was found on the bed, but not the bottoms.

jB got the Santa bear in the pageant she was in over Christmas. BPD had the statement from the pageant host and the receipt for the bears that were given away.

Thank you, Wysteria. That part of this whole saga almost makes me want to laugh. Heavy sarcasm here, as nothing about this is remotely funny.
What intruder would put the freakin pen back into the container? For safety's sake, if nothing else, why didn't he put it in his pocket? Maybe he didn't have room because of everything else he had already pocketed?

You're welcome joe. :) I hope that it is okay by you that I have shortened your name. If not please let me know.

Right? Sheesh. The very first kidnapper in history that returned a pen to it's proper container.

When I vaccillate my opinion regarding who committed this crime; for some reason I come back to this darn pen. It may seem innocuous to some; I can't seem to get past it...go figure.

Longjohns? Is that what you're trying to think of?

There was a Santa bear that came into question. I think DeeDee posted on that bear awhile back, and I read somewhere that it was in fact a bear she got during one of the pageants. However, I can't remember the source of that bit of info, so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Longjohns's that's it! Thanks so much my_tee_mouse :)

You're welcome joe. :) I hope that it is okay by you that I have shortened your name. If not please let me know.

Right? Sheesh. The very first kidnapper in history that returned a pen to it's proper container.

When I vaccillate my opinion regarding who committed this crime; for some reason I come back to this darn pen. It may seem innocuous to some; I can't seem to get past it...go figure.

It's perfectly ok to shorten my name, but honestly, it's Becky, so better to shorten it to Beck.
The pen is not innocuous. I dont believe one tiny piece of evidence in this case is innocuous. DNA should have been taken from anything that JonBenet may have touched and anything the killer and/or rn writer may have touched.
I would love to believe that LE has tested all the items and are keeping it close to the vest so as not to further screw up their case when and if it ever goes to trial.

Maybe they latched the door because it was always latched (hidden Chrismtas presents for kids) and thought it would look suspicious if it weren't latched?

I would think if you are an adult living in that home, it would be almost instinctual to latch the cellar door....kinda like putting the toilet seat back down.

I believe that her pink PJ bottoms were later found under her pillow...on her bed. You can see them in the crime scene photos...of her bedroom.

I thought that were the top. Patsy said she found the pin top under the pillow but the bottoms weren't there, so she grabbed the longjohns instead, and decided to leave JB in her white shirt instead of pulling off the white shirt and putting the pink pajama top on her.

Ames,

Like you say, why latch the door? Looks to me as if JonBenet was staged to be assaulted and killed in some other part of the house. This was then amended to mask any sexual assault and with the addition of the ligature to offer a bogus cause of death, she was then placed into the wine-cellar with a plan to dial 911 and report her missing.

Also some people have also considered that she was moved into the wine-cellar that morning, after the 911 call and arrival of officers, hence the latching, on the assumption that the wine-cellar had already been checked?

Good point. That is a VERY good possiblity. That is really the ONLY thing that makes any sense.

Boy, that intruder sure did know the Ramsey house well to have even known about that latch at the top of the door. That intruder was obviously much smarter than Officer French. He was indeed a "prescient intruder". In fact, UKGuy, I think that's a good term to use from now on when we refer to him/her: the prescient intruder :dance: (I like it).

And Ames, with what we know, French should know that he didn't miss saving JonBenet -- she had to be already dead when he was there.

I am sure that he knows that. BUT....he still just feels guilty..from what I have read about him. I guess that since he checked the door long before John brought the body upstairs...the thought was aways in the back of his mind.

For sure, UKGuy. Didn't I read at one time that John said when he first went down there, there was a chair in front of the door? Really made him look stupid if he were trying to convince anyone the intruder went out the window. That was my take, anyway. How in blazes did anyone put a chair in front of the door they had to go through in order to leave?

Exactly!! And that is just what was asked of John in one of his interviews....John's answer...the intruder "was clever"....and apparently also a magician. A clever magician.

Because there wasn't an intruder! Why bypass all those doors on the first floor? Why go to the basement at all? NO INTRUDER! He had to know where the alarm panel was. He had to know it wasn't set. LS said the butler door was ajar or did they prove that wrong, therefore making me wrong (LOL)?

ITA!!!
Now that is just stupid...IF there had really of been an intruder, I mean. Why by-pass the front door....or ANY door leading to the OUTSIDE....to take her to the basement and risk being caught by the parents. Because....the parents were already WITH her in the basement, that's why.

Hi Ames,

You may be right about the pink PJ top....my memory about that is fading. The Santa Bear ....even though the Ramsey's denied knowing where it came from...was later discovered that it was given to the contestants of a beauty pageant that JB was in. OH BUT....Patsy didn't recognize it. Yeah, and I am queen Elizabeth....

I would think if you are an adult living in that home, it would be almost instinctual to latch the cellar door....kinda like putting the toilet seat back down.

That is what I was kinda thinking too. Maybe a habit for them...just like putting the Sharpie pen back in its holder.

I thought that were the top. Patsy said she found the pin top under the pillow but the bottoms weren't there, so she grabbed the longjohns instead, and decided to leave JB in her white shirt instead of pulling off the white shirt and putting the pink pajama top on her.

I think that you are right...I just forgot which one it was.

You may be right about the pink PJ top....my memory about that is fading. The Santa Bear ....even though the Ramsey's denied knowing where it came from...was later discovered that it was given to the contestants of a beauty pageant that JB was in. OH BUT....Patsy didn't recognize it. Yeah, and I am queen Elizabeth....

Long live the Queen of RDI!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that he knows that. BUT....he still just feels guilty..from what I have read about him. I guess that since he checked the door long before John brought the body upstairs...the thought was aways in the back of his mind.

I do hope he doesn't think he could have saved her...BUT- it is fault that the crime scene was contaminated. Obviously JR or Patsy (or anyone else in the house that night) could have gone in there at any time that night. But once LE arrived, that crime scene would have been unaltered if French had opened the door and found her. The door would have been sealed with crime tape and (hopefully) the door guarded. NO one allowed in until the coroner arrived.
Then there could be NO " innocent explanation" for how parents' fibers got in the cord and tape.

I do hope he doesn't think he could have saved her...BUT- it is fault that the crime scene was contaminated. Obviously JR or Patsy (or anyone else in the house that night) could have gone in there at any time that night. But once LE arrived, that crime scene would have been unaltered if French had opened the door and found her. The door would have been sealed with crime tape and (hopefully) the door guarded. NO one allowed in until the coroner arrived.
Then there could be NO " innocent explanation" for how parents' fibers got in the cord and tape.

Egggggggggggggzactly! TY, DD.

I have often wondered if JB was even there earlier in the morning, or if John brought her there when he did his disappearing act. He was gone for an hour or more. Plenty of time to have moved her body. He also was showing increased agitation when he returned. Then there is the comment Melinda's than boyfriend, now husband made.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back