Outburst during JS hearing!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In many states, if not all, when a person is sentenced to..let's say 6 years.. they don't serve the whole 6 years. They serve about 2/3s of it and 1/3 is 'time off for good behavior'. Unless HHJP had said she was to serve the entire 48 hours it would be normal for them to let her out early.

As far as "crazies running loose", one can not hospitalize or commit a person to psychiatric care anymore unless it is proven that they are a danger to themselves or others. Proven. That's why so many mentally ill people are living on the street homeless. *** a few years ago in my state, a mentally ill man was living with his sister, her husband and their children. They took him to Mercy Hospital 2 times in an evening because he was talking about killing people. Mercy sent him home both times because he hadn't done anything except talk about it. The next morning the whole household was dead except him. Those are our wonderful liberal laws now, MOO.

Actually, they're living on the street because the public does not want to fund treatment/medication/treatment teams and housing to help them lead a productive fulfilling life. Thank god we are past the times when a person would be thrown into an institution and forgotten. Taking a person's rights away is a serious thing and mental illness is no reason to do that. I doubt a short stay at a psychiatric hospital would have averted this tragedy, merely would have postponed it.

When HHJP sentenced the woman to "2 days", I stupidly thought he meant "48 hours" or at least until Sunday. No, she was released Saturday 5/21/2011 7:21 AM.

Is this why Florida has so many crazies running loose? Someone has a serious math problem, too. Or was this her appeal at work?
:eek:

Not sure about Florida's rules but one thing I learned from all the celeb cases in LA is that what you are sentenced and the actual days you serve are not the same. Seems like there it is one week for each month at the most due to jail overcrowding.

Another thing about getting her out so quickly may have been the factor of her medications. The county would not want to be liable if she had some reaction to going without them and by the time they got the necessary info her sentance would be up.

I saw them on NG's show Friday night, 5 of them IIRC. It took 3 screens to show all the associated charges.

I saw them too.5 mugshots.

Yet....I have been told "Shame on me" for not being sympathetic to this woman.

Oh hell to the naw...and damn that!!!!!She gets ZERO sympathy from this gal.Ain't no shame in my game.

Caylee gets 100% of my sympathy.

Actually, they're living on the street because the public does not want to fund treatment/medication/treatment teams and housing to help them lead a productive fulfilling life. Thank god we are past the times when a person would be thrown into an institution and forgotten. Taking a person's rights away is a serious thing and mental illness is no reason to do that. I doubt a short stay at a psychiatric hospital would have averted this tragedy, merely would have postponed it.

Amen ... Crisis Intervention Teams are becoming a lot more common in Police Departments for that very reason, plus most places just don't have room in jails.

So much more compassionate to allow a mentally ill or alcoholic or drug addicted person to live on the street than force them into treatment and responsibility. Not!

I disagree with the idea of letting them take care of family affairs, etc prior to serving a few days (or even months) for such an outburst. I must be hardcore because I say throw em in jail immediately, like JP did. Hardships such as who will watch her kid, etc are just too bad. Inconvienence and Incarceration should go hand-in-hand. Inconvienence should be part of the punishment, give her something to think about. Just MOO.

I agree with you completely. I would be interested to know if Judge Perry had his Court staff check out her claims that she had a 3 year old son and if she was receiving treatment for all these mental conditions as she claimed. If so, and it was shown that she was lying about this, I would hope that he would impose a much stiffer sentence.

So much more compassionate to allow a mentally ill or alcoholic or drug addicted person to live on the street than force them into treatment and responsibility. Not!
Agreed! We just recently had a violent, alcoholic, mentally ill homeless guy killed by LE in my town, as he was about to bash the lone female officer's head into the concrete. Many here defended him over the officer, I was shocked! Of course, many of them also enabled him over the years- every time I saw him, he had a mean look on his face, wasn't the least bit grateful for what he did receive, and would drink out of trash cans- utterly disgusting! I'm so glad he's gone!!!
I do have compassion for Elizabeth Rodgers, because unlike this guy and Casey, she appeared truly incapable of controlling her outbursts, and truly remorseful. I am also familiar with some of the types of meds she is on, as I worked in healthcare for many years- and Thorazine is an elephant tranquilizer. With her size, her dose must not be high enough to be affecting her!!!

I hope the DT was taking notes during that poor tortured souls outburst during jury selection.
The picture of heroin addicted brain damage with an assortment of diagnosable mental illnesses. Co-dependent in her reported abusive relationship. So damaged and ill she is unable to work but she is capable of showing great remorse. Her toddler gives her joy and is alive. She is what lack of impulse control looks like.

What exactly is supposed to have happened to KC?? I'm really wondering because whatever it was will pale compared to what she's in for at Lowell. She might want to hone in on her acting so she can stay in the medical unit forever.

I think the public ,in general ,probably would pay . It gets cut out of insurance,both private and Medicaid , due to both the high cost and because it is still often considered not medical. It's called a CARVE OUT.
JMEO

There's only one question that I have about this event. Her shoes. First, I heard (from a reporter sitting very near her) that she came in, flopped down and kicked her shoes off. THEN, it was reported that her shoes were tied together. Now, did she take them off and then, before her outburst tie them together? Why? What else was she planning to do? If you watch the video when she taken out it certainly looks like her shoes are tied together - she's holding them.

Curiouser and curiouser

I just wanna know whatsup wit da shoes!!!! lol

FWIW, I think it was an InSession TH that said her shoes were tied together.
I saw her with a pair of strappy sandal type flats that she was holding by the "cross straps". Not tied together at all, in fact I don't even think those shoes HAD ties/ laces. JMO.

Agreed! We just recently had a violent, alcoholic, mentally ill homeless guy killed by LE in my town, as he was about to bash the lone female officer's head into the concrete. Many here defended him over the officer, I was shocked! Of course, many of them also enabled him over the years- every time I saw him, he had a mean look on his face, wasn't the least bit grateful for what he did receive, and would drink out of trash cans- utterly disgusting! I'm so glad he's gone!!!
I do have compassion for Elizabeth Rodgers, because unlike this guy and Casey, she appeared truly incapable of controlling her outbursts, and truly remorseful. I am also familiar with some of the types of meds she is on, as I worked in healthcare for many years- and Thorazine is an elephant tranquilizer. With her size, her dose must not be high enough to be affecting her!!!

Sustained use of Thorazine causes hand tremors, tho. I saw her hands looking pretty normal- no tremors.
And no, skipping a dose would not cause the tremors to disappear.

BBM

Needs a higher dose, or she's not taking it at all. She may be selling her meds for cash. I have no evidence she did this, but I am just putting it out there. Its done all the time.

EXCLUSIVE: Woman who interrupted Casey Anthony case says she meant to call the defendant a killer

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_north_pinellas/belleair_bluffs/EXCLUSIVE-Woman-who-interrupted-Casey-Anthony-case-says-she-meant-to-call-the-defendant-a-killer

And then another show of compassion by the judge -- she was released after 12 hours per his order.

She admits she feels badly about the drama, but not about what she said.

"Thinking about it now, I made a mistake. That is ok because I said what I felt. But I don't regret what I said because I think everyone needs to realize that she is a killer -- a cold blood killer."

This makes me angry. She put on the tears for the judge knowing full well what she was doing. I knew it all along.
If I were to have had that opportunity to scream out at Casey, I would have faced the judge without tears and told him exactly how I felt about Casey. If I am going to spend time in jail, you better believe I would make it worth it.
How dare she play on a mental illness then days later say these things? I wish HHJP would throw her in for another 178 days.

I saw them too.5 mugshots.

Yet....I have been told "Shame on me" for not being sympathetic to this woman.

Oh hell to the naw...and damn that!!!!!She gets ZERO sympathy from this gal.Ain't no shame in my game.

Caylee gets 100% of my sympathy.

I'm right there with you. You won't get a Shame on You from me!

MOO

Mel

So it all was an act. I think Your Honour should throw those 170+ days right back at her.

"Thinking about it now, I made a mistake. That is ok because I said what I felt. But I don't regret what I said because I think everyone needs to realize that she is a killer -- a cold blood killer."

Mental illness my arss; child at home my arss --

Dang I'm so angry!

Mel

What is 5150, please?

Someone said that this woman would lose her SSI because she was convicted of contempt of court?

Is this true?

Did she if she more family than the husband who is in jail?

72 hour hold psych eval to determine if she is a harm to herself or others. Watched my sister go through it. The way she was going on about all her illnesses and meds made me think she should probably be evaluated for that very unnecessary outburst - but that's just my opinion.

The guy in jail (from what I heard) is not her husband, but a women beating fiance.

As far as SSI, this is what I found on their website:

If you are convicted of a crime
Tell Social Security right away if you are convicted of a crime. Regular disability benefits or any underpayments that may be due, are not paid for the months a person is confined for a crime, but any family members who are eligible for benefits based on that person’s work may continue to receive benefits.

Monthly benefits or any underpayments that may be due usually are not paid to someone who commits a crime and is confined to an institution by court order and at public expense. This applies if the person has been found:

Not guilty by reason of insanity or similar factors (such as mental disease, mental defect or mental incompetence); or
Incompetent to stand trial.

Since she was incarcerated for only 12 hours, I don't think her benefits will stop.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10153.html

MOO

Mel

When HHJP sentenced the woman to "2 days", I stupidly thought he meant "48 hours" or at least until Sunday. No, she was released Saturday 5/21/2011 7:21 AM.

Is this why Florida has so many crazies running loose? Someone has a serious math problem, too. Or was this her appeal at work?
:eek:
LOL, actually it is jail days. he did not sentence her to 48 hours,but 2 days. Any portion of a day you spend in jail is a "day". You could go in Friday night at 10pm and get out at 12:15am on Sunday/Monday and that would be considered 4 days in jail time even though it is 50 hours.

By that same token one could be admitted at 12:15 am Friday and still serve 4 days even though you were actually there 72 hours.

So the lesson learned is next time you get arrested make sure you go to jail before midnight and get credit for that day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back