P.I. "Cobra", feels confident there will be a break in case soon #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,the Sheffields are big hunters also,looking at thier many myspace sites.It was being talked about Cobra searching today,then it was said LE.Was there a planned search and he was involved or trying to get one rounded up with dogs?

lol....what is fire hunting? and dynamite charges? :doh:

LOL!! :)

Fire hunting is the use of fire to spook the (usually) deer with the fire and smoke to get them running... flush them out and get them running. Good fire hunters use the wind and are very smart with directions and so forth. Explosives are used as a lazy man's way of starting the fire of spooking the (usually) deer. And the sound of the explosion werks also.

Dynamite blasting is also used for fishing all over the USA and probably the World. I dunno about the World. As a child, I along with other children, used an old fashioned crank battery telephone to startle fish to the top of the water out in the flooded fields.
sad.gif

Well considering the drought conditions that FL had been seeing the last few years I doubt anyone would fire hunt. I really don't see where these small islands would be large enough to sustain a deer herd. It would be stripped of vegetation in no time. Lastly, I have never of fire hunting and I've been around hunters my whole life,was a member of Ted Nugent's hunting board for 5 years and never heard of it. I couldn't find anything on google so I tend to believe where ever this rumor originated from they are mistaken on what they heard.

elphaba 99% of deer/hunting rifles are semi automatic anyway. The other 1 percent would be muzzleloaders/black powder guns or single shot rifles or shotguns using plugs.

Well considering the drought conditions that FL had been seeing the last few years I doubt anyone would fire hunt. I really don't see where these small islands would be large enough to sustain a deer herd. It would be stripped of vegetation in no time. Lastly, I have never of fire hunting and I've been around hunters my whole life,was a member of Ted Nugent's hunting board for 5 years and never heard of it. I couldn't find anything on google so I tend to believe where ever this rumor originated from they are mistaken on what they heard.

elphaba 99% of deer/hunting rifles are semi automatic anyway. The other 1 percent would be muzzleloaders/black powder guns or single shot rifles or shotguns using plugs.

I'm a deer thinking person and forgot to mention the alligators. Oh my!:blush: It is probably the alligators that are hunted on the islands and makes the dynamite charges carried more understandable. I'm sure these islands are no Wassaw Island. Sorry! (lm*o)

Same here ... hunted and hung around a (mostly) wingshooter family all my life - from Argentina to Midwest, West, Canada, Nova Scotia, South and beyond. A certain class of person does fire hunting, no it is not common, rarely mentioned, shameful, sometimes not even recognized for what it is and for several who Googled it - should be thankful they never had to meet up with scum like that. I assumed this fire hunting habit went beyond the tiny islands.

:) Love my 7mm Ruger No. One because it sounds like a circus cannon.

Yes,the Sheffields are big hunters also,looking at thier many myspace sites.It was being talked about Cobra searching today,then it was said LE.Was there a planned search and he was involved or trying to get one rounded up with dogs?

I doubt LE would let Cobra be a part of any kind of search, given that LE and the state has placed upon him a felony charge. If he has done any searching, then more than likely it is on his own.

I have questions that maybe someone with a legal understanding could answer for me:

Since Cobra lost his license for the time-being, due to the felony charge, can he still legally keep inserting himself into this case? like, openly conducting his own search and investigation?

As well, the monies Cobra is begging for: he calls them donations, but in reality, unless he is a non-profit and such, doesn't he have to pay taxes on every penny he gets to investigate and search? And if he is taking money to investigate and search when he can't due to losing his license, then does that mean he is taking money on an illegal level?

See, my hinky meter is starting to go off about the donations being sought... he is asking for a big chunk of money... and there is no real way he can be made accountable on what he does with the money. If he can't be part of the case, legally, then he has to know that... so for all anyone knows, he could be taking the money with no intentions of keeping his investigation going, because he knows he can't legally search for Haleigh.

Near as I can tell, when one anticipates a "break soon" it doesn't need money in order for it to transpire.

The only thing Cobra did was some paperwerk:rolleyes:

If Cobra were to have found anything it wouldn't have been be any good because he always had someone in the car with him - that would make anything he would have found null and void. And surrounded by camera's too!!! He needs to go back and read his hand book on being a PI.:book:

Did Cobra really search yesterday and today?

You are in the area and familiar with searches - I was hoping you would come on here and tell us!!!!! I remember you wouldn't search for or with him but thought you may have heard something reliable. How will we know?

Quite obviously nothing was found or we would have heard something. LE is quiet as usual, the grieving father is quiet, even with LE, and the baby is still missing. Surprised? I'm not. Can you spell C O L D C A S E?

My opinion only

http://fw.ky.gov/deerguide08generalother.asp

PROHIBITED HUNTING METHODS :nono:

"No person shall take wildlife with the aid of fire, smoke, explosives or gas"

:eek: Ugh - all I did was ask a question.

Fire hunting may be an old term and far from an official term. Had to Google this myself!! :) Some may call it another form of an intercept or intercept strategy. Possibly people were thinking of huge fires - no. It's more about the smoke than the fire. Small camp size fire, wet burlap bags, etc... like hunting deer with dogs is legal in some states and absolutely not allowed in others. Personally I can't imagine this fire thing being done in the State of Florida except for alligators and it is used as well as dynamite.

http://fw.ky.gov/deerguide08generalother.asp

PROHIBITED HUNTING METHODS :nono:

"No person shall take wildlife with the aid of fire, smoke, explosives or gas"

:eek: Ugh - all I did was ask a question.

Fire hunting may be an old term and far from an official term. Had to Google this myself!! :) Some may call it another form of an intercept or intercept strategy. Possibly people were thinking of huge fires - no. It's more about the smoke than the fire. Small camp size fire, wet burlap bags, etc... like hunting deer with dogs is legal in some states and absolutely not allowed in others. Personally I can't imagine this fire thing being done in the State of Florida except for alligators and it is used as well as dynamite.

Thanks radio!!! Good find. i have actually heard about the dynamite thing with gators...never seen it though. I thought I had seen everything!

well what did we learn......sad so few care anymore

bl is not the only local on these threads and several posters have asserted that they have local contacts. I can understand why she was hoping for an update from other sleuthers.

AH seems to parcel out info. So if he is working with Cobra, maybe something will be released later. Bl, maybe you'll get your answer that way.

Give Gunny a big doggie cookie for me.

its sad....Haleigh is still missing and soon most will forget and move on....so the only thing left is to hope someone feel like doing the right thing and come forward..

its sad....Haleigh is still missing and soon most will forget and move on....so the only thing left is to hope someone feel like doing the right thing and come forward..

I won't forget, Den and I bet you won't either.

We don't know what LE has. My hope is that they have good evidence, but are working hard to plug any gaps. Arrests aren't good enough - they're going for convictions. Coming forward would not only be the right thing. IMO, it'd be the smart thing for anyone involved - even in the slightest way.

bl is not the only local on these threads and several posters have asserted that they have local contacts. I can understand why she was hoping for an update from other sleuthers.

AH seems to parcel out info. So if he is working with Cobra, maybe something will be released later. Bl, maybe you'll get your answer that way.

Give Gunny a big doggie cookie for me.

Oh I meant no disrespect to BL and I know there are other locals here. I was surprised that her being affiliated with the dog people that she hadn't heard anything. She probably would have known or known of K9 people being in the area. I was just frustrated by no news. Sorry if BL took it wrong, not meant to be snarky at all.

Oh I meant no disrespect to BL and I know there are other locals here. I was surprised that her being affiliated with the dog people that she hadn't heard anything. She probably would have known or known of K9 people being in the area. I was just frustrated by no news. Sorry if BL took it wrong, not meant to be snarky at all.

Hi lorann,

Oh no, I'm sure you didn't and I have no idea of BL's reaction.

I'm frustrated too and was just trying to point out, not very well I guess, that maybe some others who have local contacts might share their thoughts with all of us. But IDK - would the family be alerted to a search ?

So sad, isn't it, 4 months and nothing. :(

With the town being so small, I'm sure someone saw if a team of dogs was in the area. But it might just get called a rumor if it isn't in the news paper or LE makes a statement -

It is a shame that it has been so long. I feel our interest is still as sharp as it has always been, it's just that about everything that can be said has already been said - over and over and over. I feel so sorry for Haleiigh's family that loves her so much.

where are all my friends? use to be 20 - 60 users in these threads and now this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?