Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest* #2 (missing again 23 July 2018)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Anybody know the statute of limitations if down the road a victim realizes they were in fact a victim and decides to pursue their predator?

She has 12 years after her 18th birthday to file a civil suit according to this: https://www.pcar.org/statute-of-limitations-in-civil-cases

The criminal statute of limitations allows for prosecution of sexual offenses against a minor until the victim reaches 50 years of age.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/42/00.055.052.000..HTM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My darn satellite keeps going out due to bad weather rolling in but I caught part of SE's interview. Dr. Phil asked if she thought KE and AY had a sexual relationship and she said "I don't". She describes the relationship as inappropriate but she doesn't think it went physical. She doesn't have proof of a sexual relationship she just thinks it was "inappropriate" and they spent too much time together. She doesn't have any explanation for why KE had an apartment or why he took AY to Mexico. She thinks maybe there was something else they were trying to escape from here in the US but she doesn't offer any idea of what. SE admitted to Dr. Phil she might be naive. Kevin and Amy both denied any sexual relationship. And SE admitted that her sexual relationship with her husband was "cut in half" in the amount of time they would spend together. JMO-- SE is in total denial and doesn't want to believe what her husband did.

Caught a little more of the interview-- SE filed for divorce. She is not planning on taking him back. Her 4 girls come first. He called her collect when he was arrested and she accepted the call. He said he would explain everything when he got released from jail. He has not explained anything to her. When he left he cleaned out her bank account-- took $4000 and left her with .28 cents. Her mortgage and car payment for that month bounced because he took all her money. AY also stole $10,000 from her mom.

I too caught only a few parts of the interview. She says that she doesn't believe that their relationship was sexual only inappropriate. It was a mutual friend that rented KE the apartment. The friend told SE that KE had told him that he needed the apartment because he had a 19 yr old girlfriend. Dr Phil called her naive. IMO, SE knows the truth and is trying not to implicate SE of the obvious in order to protect her interests.

I too caught only a few parts of the interview. She says that she doesn't believe that their relationship was sexual only inappropriate. It was a mutual friend that rented KE the apartment. The friend told SE that KE had told him that he needed the apartment because he had a 19 yr old girlfriend. Dr Phil called her naive. IMO, SE knows the truth and is trying not to implicate SE of the obvious in order to protect her interests.

Sadly, I think what she's doing is just avoiding the painful process of saying and admitting to herself that her husband betrayed his marriage vows. Any woman that has gone thru that kind of betrayal and heartache knows exactly how hard it is to accept it as reality and then actually say the words, for the first time. I think intellectually she knows, she just can't quite accept it yet.

I think she can't, or won't, acknowledge that it was sexual is because of the obvious implications for her own daughters. He's been grooming this girl since she was 8... It probably makes her physically ill to think about all of the times he tucked them in at night.

Makes me wonder if she ever had "that discussion" with each of them. And if she did, would she have been able to hear them if they did have something to say. Or would she have subconsciously (I hope not consciously!) shut them down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I didn't see the interview with SE, just read everyone else's summaries. I would have to agree that she is probably a little in denial. Not only has this been devastating to her and her family but I am sure it is very humiliating to her as a woman that her husband left her for a 16 yo girl. But I also suspect she is perhaps trying to protect the children by saying she doesn't think there was a sexual relationship. It is also possible that she is perhaps trying to protect KE to some degree. He can't pay child support (which she probably really needs) if he is in prison. I am still sickened by KE's actions in taking all of the families money when he left. He left his own family with NOTHING while he went to Mexico for his little adventure!

I didn't see the interview with SE, just read everyone else's summaries. I would have to agree that she is probably a little in denial. Not only has this been devastating to her and her family but I am sure it is very humiliating to her as a woman that her husband left her for a 16 yo girl. But I also suspect she is perhaps trying to protect the children by saying she doesn't think there was a sexual relationship. It is also possible that she is perhaps trying to protect KE to some degree. He can't pay child support (which she probably really needs) if he is in prison. I am still sickened by KE's actions in taking all of the families money when he left. He left his own family with NOTHING while he went to Mexico for his little adventure!

You can't blame her for protecting the kids. After all, they are victims in this as well.

Couple of things I noted in the interview.with Phil (link above and I caught most in the broadcast)

1) she confirmed AY took the $10K from mom in addition to the $$4 that KE took from the joint bank account (leaving SE 28 cents)
2) she may be "protecting" the kids but she may also not be able to discuss details in the case since the divorce is pending in the courts. She has accused him of adultery Her lawyer must have more than the just KE talking with AY on the phone with her for hours on end, the beach pics on his phone, and controlling her schedule/contact with boys Just like in the Tad Cummins case there probably is a lot more not public (if ever).
3) Se refused all calls from KE except one that she wanted to confirm he had the divorce papers. He said he did and that he would "explain everything when he got out". I would love to hear that.

Sorry, did not mean to imply that you were blaming anyone.

Thanks for letting us know. I DVR-ed the episode and just finished watching it. My heart goes out to SE and her daughters. The hurt and humiliation must be overwhelming. Dr. Phil was gentle with her and I hope she and her daughters do take him up on his offer of free counseling. My take away is that KE is a master manipulator. He manipulated SE into thinking that she is "jealous". I feel sad for her; she's still deeply in denial. Fortunately, she IS going through with the divorce.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-val...n-court-status-conference-scheduled/750470670

Kevin has a status conference scheduled for July 13th.

I would imagine that his attorney would want to keep his exposure in the media to a minimum. But SE's interview with Dr. Phil blew that out of the water. It did not appear that he waived his Formal Arraignment but that it was continued for a later date. I wonder what could be going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back