Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Airport cameras should show them exiting the airport and if they got in a cab afterwards.

Yep probably anywhere on the grounds and they have any connector they may have taken (interesting comments to the above link what another traveller observed).

I went to one of the travel sites to look at times/prices for PHL to DFW are, - not cheap last minute booking. Unless he was shopping weeks ago and booked with a credit card (I doubt) he was showing up with cash IMO. So there goes a junk of his purse just in airfare, maybe 25%.
One other interesting thing from the Expedia site and their explanation of fares - you need to provide the age of a child in order to get a reduced child fare. They define child as "travelers ages 2 through 18. Although most airlines charge full fares to children older than 11, Expedia collects the ages of children 12 through 18 so that we can offer any applicable hotel and activity discounts." I'm sure he was calling her a child to save money.

I went to one of the travel sites to look at times/prices for PHL to DFW are, - not cheap last minute booking. Unless he was shopping weeks ago and booked with a credit card (I doubt) he was showing up with cash IMO. So there goes a junk of his purse just in airfare, maybe 25%.
One other interesting thing from the Expedia site and their explanation of fares - you need to provide the age of a child in order to get a reduced child fare. They define child as "travelers ages 2 through 18. Although most airlines charge full fares to children older than 11, Expedia collects the ages of children 12 through 18 so that we can offer any applicable hotel and activity discounts." I'm sure he was calling her a child to save money.

Great find! I don't think that he has access to a credit card because of his bankruptcy in 2013. It was ch 7 so that stays on your record for 10 years. No credit card means you can't rent a car. You would have to find a taxi.

Car "Whether at the airport or in the area, it remains to be seen.". It is very easy to find the car in an airport parking area on the airport grounds. back in the pre cell days I forgot where I parked my car and the Security car took me right to mine. Not sure how they did that, and that was too many years ago that I want to admit. They know if its in the airport, or maybe one of the off airport places that are run independently (or even a rental area. They would have to shuttle to the terminal then.

Weird. Either I miss-read it earlier or they updated it. I could have sworn it was only one line and said "authorities believe the car was left at the airport". My apologies. Well if they left the car someplace in Philly other than the airport parking, then they had to get other transportation from their car to the airport. Why would they risk that when it would mean more people possibly seeing them and more chances to be caught on camera? Was there evidence in the car they didn't want found or did they leave it someplace else hoping the car's location would misdirect police when it was found? :thinking:

I live the the Dallas area and Sunday on the way to church I was driving by the Budget Suites (extended stay) in The Colony, TX (Paige Rd & Sam Rayburn Tollway). I noticed that several police cars converging on the complex like they were doing a raid. It spooks me that they may been looking for them there. Sam Rayburn (SH 121) is a straight shot from the DFW airport about 20 miles away.

FYI, The age of Consent in TX is 17 for anyone more than 3 yrs older.

He is in violation of Federal law 18 U.S. Code § 2423 - Transportation of minor
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2423
"A person who knowingly transports an individual who has not attained the age of 18 years in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any commonwealth, territory or possession of the United States, with intent that the individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, shall be fined under this title and imprisoned not less than 10 years or for life"

Same as Cummins. They all know they went past the point of no return.
He was in violation of Federal law once the wheels of the plane left the ground.

JMO

I had thought that they might still be in the area. Along with the rural parts of NJ,NY and PA. The thought crossed my mind that it would be easy to blend in in NYC. Particularly for A. I wonder how much the word of this has spread to the Chinese community in China town. That could be a source of support if they are unaware of the situation. I work about two blocks from China town in Manhattan, maybe I will take a walk around there tomorrow.

bbm

My thoughts from the beginning -- NYC is everyone from everywhere -- no problem blending. You can eat cheaply, and if you're not too picky, you can get a hotel room for less that $100.00 a night, but it won't be the Waldorf Astoria,. Their funds could easily and quickly run dry in NYC. I don't know whether they may have camping gear with them -- that would be cheap. There's a lot of possibilities -- let's just hope he is as stoopid with getting around as he is about enticing and picking up a 16 y/o and possibly ruining her for the rest of her life. Has he got a plan for when they are out of money? Rob a bank? Burglary? Ransom? Pimping her out?
He is a selfish, all-about-me idiot.
Please excuse the mini-rant.

Weird. Either I miss-read it earlier or they updated it. I could have sworn it was only one line and said "authorities believe the car was left at the airport". My apologies. Well if they left the car someplace in Philly other than the airport parking, then they had to get other transportation from their car to the airport. Why would they risk that when it would mean more people possibly seeing them and more chances to be caught on camera? Was there evidence in the car they didn't want found or did they leave it someplace else hoping the car's location would misdirect police when it was found? :thinking:

No problem I've been wrong on many things on this thread based on imperfect information LOL. There must be a reason LE won't say if they have it and it was is on airport property. Can only guess. I've been to Philly alot and you could ditch a car on a street and leave the keys and that car would be gone by now. But they would have to get from the car to the terminal somehow and that would take (waste) time. They had a plane to catch and wanted to get out of town quick. The fastest would be to leave it in a lot at the airport IMO, especially if they did not plan to return for it.
In an earlier thread I posted there were two airports to go to if that was the plan, Allentown and Philly. Looks like I got that one.

Was there evidence in the car? Interesting, could be a signal to KE.

Misdirect? IDK, only if they hoped it would be stolen and LE would go on a wild goose chase.

One more thing that I'll leave out there, maybe wrong. But some of the comments to articles seem to IMO suggest that they tried to get out of the country but may still be stateside. Just my opinion.The biggest point in favor of that is - why after a week and they may be long gone, LE let's out that DHS is now involved? If KE/AL already left the country then border can't really stop them now. LE has said they think KE is monitoring reports. If he is long gone then DHS/border really doesn't matter. But if they are still in the states then saying DHS is involved is like drawing a line in the sand. Just thinking out loud.

Either they took passports to throw LE off the trail, or they took them to leave the country. I want to know if KE speaks Spanish or any other foreign language and I want to know if he's traveled outside of the country. Mexico or Central America may be cheap, but here they know the language and can catch a bus to anywhere. Not having a car will be their biggest obstacle wherever they are.

Sorry to ask the question about social media comments and then not respond for 10+ hours, lol! They related to what was released today re: being on a flight to Dallas.

If they were to have used Dallas as a hub to another location, LE would still be able to track them as passenger logs are kept for all flights.

Assuming they landed in Dallas and left the airport with Mexico as their intended final destination, they still have a long way to go. KE couldn’t have rented a rental car without a credit card. If he used a credit card, that’s definitely being monitored by LE. 2 other possibilities: Could he know someone in Dallas that would be willing to drive them to the border? Other possibility (and most probably), they took a Greyhound bus down to the border and walked across. I looked at the rates on their site and it looks like a bus ticket from Dallas to Laredo would be about $30-40 each. Very doable.

Walking across the border: Even if they were not stopped, nearly every inch of the border crossings are under video surveillance. While it would be time consuming, LE would definitely be able to spot them on video if they did cross.

...but then they’re still in Mexico..

:sigh:

Try taking $4000 dollars across the Mexican Border and they will think your a money mule for a drug cartel.

Years ago, I traveled overseas with more cash then that. If you count the foreign currency, US currency, and traveler's checks that I was carrying.

So they flew to Dallas on March 5 and have been gone 8 days.

Dallas is a hub airport for American Airlines.

Because we know that they brought their passports and because DHS is involved, I think it's highly likely that they flew out of the country before anyone reported them missing. If they did not, then they are in Dallas with no car and no way to rent one without arousing suspicion.

They flew to DFW. Why would it arouse any more suspicion if they rented a car in Dallas?

Sorry to ask the question about social media comments and then not respond for 10+ hours, lol! They related to what was released today re: being on a flight to Dallas.

If they were to have used Dallas as a hub to another location, LE would still be able to track them as passenger logs are kept for all flights.

Assuming they landed in Dallas and left the airport with Mexico as their intended final destination, they still have a long way to go. KE couldn’t have rented a rental car without a credit card. If he used a credit card, that’s definitely being monitored by LE. 2 other possibilities: Could he know someone in Dallas that would be willing to drive them to the border? Other possibility (and most probably), they took a Greyhound bus down to the border and walked across. I looked at the rates on their site and it looks like a bus ticket from Dallas to Laredo would be about $30-40 each. Very doable.

Walking across the border: Even if they were not stopped, nearly every inch of the border crossings are under video surveillance. While it would be time consuming, LE would definitely be able to spot them on video if they did cross.

They already knew he flew to DFW. Why would he care if they knew he rented a car when he arrived?

The 10 Longest Non-Stop Flights from Dallas

1. Dallas to Sydney, Australia on Qantas is 8,596 miles and 17 hours
2. Dallas to Hong Kong, China on American is 8,123 miles and 17 hours
3. Dallas to Dubai, UAE on Emirates is 8,057 miles and 14.5 hours
4. Dallas to Abu Dhabi, UAE on Etihad is 8,057 miles and 15 hours
5. Dallas to Doha, Qatar on Qatar is 7,923 miles and 14.75 hours
6. Dallas to Shanghai, China on American is 7,365 miles and 15 hours
7. Dallas to Beijing, China on American is 6,991 miles and 14.5 hours
8. Dallas to Seoul, South Korea on Korean is 6,829 miles and 14.5 hours
9. Dallas to Tokyo, Japan on American is 6,463 miles and 13.5 hours
10. Dallas to Buenos Aires, Argentina on American is 5,285 miles and 10.5 hours

The 10 Longest Non-Stop Flights from Dallas - Hopper Blog

"Y and Esterly had their passports with them and could potentially go anywhere."

IF they went somewhere and used their passports, aren't they trackable? Especially nowadays it seems they would be tracked electronically.

Passports would be scanned at the airport. It might be the only identification AY would have. You can bet that the system has been flagged so that if either passport is scanned, it would trigger an immediate alert to the TSA Officer. I am also sure they can see if they have already been scanned for a another flight.

I am not sure if passports are scanned passing into Mexico. I would guess that US agencies have already alerted their counterparts in Mexico.

Also just occured to me. I wonder if KE was detailed enough to get false ID's and Passports?

I have had the same thoughts. I have been going off the assumption that he believes he is in love with this girl, thus keeping her out of harms way. That and the money situation is why Mexico etc. did not seem like a viable option due to an inability to generate income. As far as a plan to make money if he were in New York, who knows but it would be easier, I would think, to generate some income in NYC than in Mexico. I am beginning to wonder if I have been over estimating KE's intelligence. This guy must have an end game, however diluted it might be. He has to have some vision of being able to get out of this somehow. I had a theory but him taking a plane to Dallas blew that completely out of the water.

Exactly. If they flew somewhere else from Dallas, LE can get that info - not sure how quickly, though.

Do we know if he has a credit card? If he rented a car, he'll be burning through money quickly.

I was also thinking that he may have chosen Dallas because KE knows someone there. Or maybe he's familiar with the area. But my guess is that they didn't stay in Dallas long. If they are following media reports, they know that LE has discovered that they flew there, FWIW.

If they went to Mexico, and I certainly would not rule that out, they could stay for quite a while before their money ran out. Then what? As with all of these cases, they run out of money and get caught.

They already knew he flew to DFW. Why would he care if they knew he rented a car when he arrived?

Not likely that they rented a car. he probably doesn't have any credit as well as driver license thatt would also tip off LE where they were, as well as they know the make/model/color of they car they are in. Also a late model car will have some tracking/GPS on it. So renting a car would be like putting a target on their backs.

More info and more of a timeline of events on a local article:

"Luu said her daughter, AY, also packed her “pretty clothes.”"
frown.gif

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-allentown-teen-runaway-amy-yu-update-20180313-story.html

I wonder how much she packed-- did she think she was going on a little vacation or running away forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay