Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was published in 2011. I think the rules changed in 2015 at border crossings.

Yes, 911 had nothing to do with Mexico. It didn't have any effect on Mexico.

[video=youtube;o8iKr7MmYzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iKr7MmYzU[/video]

That video is from 2011. Here's one from 2017 that shows how things have changed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzy9GHTNCkA

According to the 2017 video you now have to get a Visa if you walk into Mexico as a non-Mexican citizen and you will need a passport. Their passports have no doubt been flagged by now so it's unlikely they would get into Mexico this way. JMO.

Can you seriously still just walk across the border there minus a passport? I thought the rules changed after 9/11. I know for flights you have to have a passport for Mexico, and as I mentioned before, my friend was detained even with a permission letter from her husband until they could reach him via phone to verify. They've gotten fairly strict as of late with parental abductions, not to mention he is NOT the biological father. I mentioned earlier being detained in Canada and questioned even with a notarized permission letter. If they crossed, I feel they did it illegally and are more likely to be in Canada (easier illegal crossing). I had to show my daughters birth certificate, I always carry a copy when traveling as I get hassled a lot as a single parent with full legal custody. I suppose they could forge that also.

It's possible they got a lax border guard....I seem to either have no such luck, or I look highly suspect lol.

I don't believe you can just walk into Mexico. If that were the case, Tad Cummins would have done that instead of buying a kayak and attempting to enter Mexico by water, which also is impossible to do because the waters there are monitored by the coast guard for the same reason, and that's why he sold the kayak and decided to head north.

From the Ashley Banfield interview:

Also:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1803/12/ptab.01.html

I feel like the car info hasn't been highlighted very much in this case. Wonder if they have evidence they switched cars?

Thanks. That still not a lot, but it's better than nothing. If he is a contractor, he could have a lot of money with him. Contractors do a lot of business in cash. There is no telling how much money he might have with him. The $4,000 he took from his wife's account could be just the tip of the iceberg.

I feel like the car info hasn't been highlighted very much in this case. Wonder if they have evidence they switched cars?

Possibly, but TC drove his wife's Nissan Rogue across several states and nobody spotted it for 6 weeks. Sadly, most people are oblivious and even LE can be unaware of out-of-state lawbreakers. I believe KE has more financial resources than TC did, but unless he has a job opportunity out of state or out of the country, the money will eventually run out. They have to eat, so he'll be buying food somewhere. Unfortunately, he's an average-looking middle-aged white guy, so he'll easily blend into a crowd. It will take luck and the right person in the right place to find them.

We’re not share comments made on SM, right? Saw an interesting one about a sighting of them on a post on the 6abc Action News fb page.

Thanks. That still not a lot, but it's better than nothing. If he is a contractor, he could have a lot of money with him. Contractors do a lot of business in cash. There is no telling how much money he might have with him. The $4,000 he took from his wife's account could be just the tip of the iceberg.

IIRC he was not employed at the time having been fired from his job. So likely not. The mom reported the girl took some jewelry with her so that may be something they try to pawn (like in the Frisina case).

Can you seriously still just walk across the border there minus a passport? I thought the rules changed after 9/11. I know for flights you have to have a passport for Mexico, and as I mentioned before, my friend was detained even with a permission letter from her husband until they could reach him via phone to verify. They've gotten fairly strict as of late with parental abductions, not to mention he is NOT the biological father. I mentioned earlier being detained in Canada and questioned even with a notarized permission letter. If they crossed, I feel they did it illegally and are more likely to be in Canada (easier illegal crossing). I had to show my daughters birth certificate, I always carry a copy when traveling as I get hassled a lot as a single parent with full legal custody. I suppose they could forge that also.

It's possible they got a lax border guard....I seem to either have no such luck, or I look highly suspect lol.

Homeland Security is involved and they are watching the borders. Hopefully the FBI is working with their counterparts in Mex and Canada (like in the Cummins case)

We’re not share comments made on SM, right? Saw an interesting one about a sighting of them on a post on the 6abc Action News fb page.

We can't discuss comments but we can link to the news page/article. Please link, thanks. ;)

I agree - he likely had been planning this for a while and may have already squirreled funds away. The $4k may have just been extra for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I felt like things were a bit different nowadays, I was off on the time frame lol.

That video is from 2011. Here's one from 2017 that shows how things have changed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzy9GHTNCkA

According to the 2017 video you now have to get a Visa if you walk into Mexico as a non-Mexican citizen and you will need a passport. Their passports have no doubt been flagged by now so it's unlikely they would get into Mexico this way. JMO.

I agree - he likely had been planning this for a while and may have already squirreled funds away. The $4k may have just been extra for that day.

Try taking $4000 dollars across the Mexican Border and they will think your a money mule for a drug cartel.

Try taking $4000 dollars across the Mexican Border and they will thing your a mule for a drug cartel.

That does seem like a large amount of cash to be just carrying considering there are ATMs and such...so I could see that raising a red flag. I personally would be extremely uncomfortable entering Mexico with that cash on hand. I lived in Nicaragua, which is way safer, and I limited myself to $40 max walking around at any given time and a burner type phone.

Try taking $4000 dollars across the Mexican Border and they will think your a money mule for a drug cartel.

That's assuming the money would be found or declared by the person carrying it. $4000 is really not very much in thickness of bills. It's crazy what you can find online but here is what $4000 in $100 bills looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iH8SKQB3w

The stacks are so thin they could divide the cash between their wallets and stick some in random pockets of clothes in their luggage if they are really paranoid. I doubt $4000 would be noticed or counted by any customs officials (unless they were stopped and thoroughly searched for some other suspicious reason).

What is going to be suspicious is a man traveling with a teen that is obviously not his daughter. They might have stories ready to say she's his step-daughter or adopted but unless they also forged other paperwork they are not going to get across a border very easily or get away if stopped by any police. JMO.

The $4K is not something that I thought about but it does seem to indicate some sort of planning. Remember he was not employed at the contractor firm so I doubt he would be able to save up cash.
IIRC the articles say he withdrew the money from "her (wife) account". Now ATM's have withdrawl limits, mine $500. So if he went to AT;M;s he would need to go to maybe 8 machines to get that. And have her PIN. Not likely the day of disappearance. More likely he withdrew it days before, by check? Then maybe forge her name to cash it.? Either way possible fraud. Maybe that was the domestic dispute the wife discovered the withdrawl

ETA most ATM's will deliver money in $20 increments, maybe a $50 if the amount is large. He could get $100 by a teller. Likely he would want small bills not to draw suspicion and easier t oash

Maybe the money was his wife's tax refund.

When the money runs out, mistakes will be made..example Tad Cummins!

Please link the latest wfmz broadcast at 5 and 6. Major news about their travels, but I am not good at linking. Important details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay