Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways I am hoping that Kevin Esterly is following the Tad Cummings playbook. That would mean, like Tad Cummings, this guy has some kind of idea that they will be able to run away together and somehow, someway live happily eve after. Which means he will probably not harm her.

If KEs main motivation was fear that she would eventually tell police/ family etc. everything and his trouble would go from relatively minor to looking at some extended jail time, I fear what the end result could be.

There are many places where you can walk across the border into Canada without having to go thru border checks. You would be crazy to drive up to a border check. Some of the border crossings are on tiny roads and the checkpost is often a small building just past the border. IF he wanted to drive thru he could drop her off and she could run thru the woods and meet him on the other side in some of these places (check Google Earth at the Maine-Canada border to see what I mean) Of course that would be folly when you could ditch the car and just walk across thru forest or fields, there is no fence spanning our northern border. So the poster some posts back that said the girl would require a signed letter from her parent to cross the border with non family is really a moot point. This guy isn’t that dumb or they would already have him trying to cross at one of our check points.

There is also the idea that he might have help on the other side whichever direction he went. I think he’s probably followed what happened in the Tad Cummings case and isn’t going to make those same mistakes. I would bet that the first thing he got rid of were their phones...he may have bought an old beater car under a false name ahead of time one that no one knows about...anything is possible unfortunately...

All thoughts and opinions are mine own...

maybe too many off us olders are on it an the kids moved on to Insta and SC for now.

Lol! Yes! I was surprised to see she had a fb at all, most teens now don’t even bother with it. It’s all SC and IG for them now. There’s a million AY’s on IG though and even if you were to find her page, it likely wouldn’t show anything relevant anyway because you’d have to find her “finsta” account for that (fake account for the pics they don’t want parents to see). Teens are so complicated. :sigh:

I am not seeing Mexico though and here is why:
1.) I am sure that there are place where one could make it across the border to Mexico without going through a border station etc. but I would be concerned because of not only border patrol but of the people one might encounter at such locations. I am not necessarily talking about immigrants coming the other way from Mexico to the USA but those that may be in the business of facilitating immigrants border crossing efforts. I would be very wary about crossing over into Mexico with a 16 year old girl.
2.) Trying to hide out in remote/ non tourist areas could also be dangerous. A white guy and a young Asian girl would definitely stand out. Tourist areas would be easier to blend in but more expensive and $4,000.00 is only going to go so far.
3.) There doesn't seem to be much opportunity for this guy to make money in Mexico to support himself and A.

Canada would seem to be a safer option and easier to blend in / get some kind of under the table work.

10 million Americans a year visit Mexico. Many of them teenagers, with or without adult supervision. It was the destination of choice for Tad Cummings, except he was to stupid to figure out how to walk or drive across the border. If he had crossed the border, he could still been there today. Not everyone is as paranoid of traveling to Mexico, as posters on this forum are.

10 million Americans a year visit Mexico. Many of them teenagers, with or without adult supervision. It was the destination of choice for Tad Cummings, except he was to stupid to figure out how to walk or drive across the border. If he had crossed the border, he could still been there today. Not everyone is as paranoid of traveling to Mexico, as posters on this forum are.

Crossing into Mexico at a check point is alot different than sneaking across the border. Are there spots along the border that are unmonitored by border patrol and safe for a white guy to cross with a 16 year old Asian girl? Travelling to Mexico is not the problem, living there for an extended period of time would be the issue. 10 million Americans are not traveling to Mexico under the circumstances that we have here.

Crossing into Mexico at a check point is alot different than sneaking across the border. Are there spots along the border that are unmonitored by border patrol and safe for a white guy to cross with a 16 year old Asian girl? Travelling to Mexico is not the problem, living there for an extended period of time would be the issue. 10 million Americans are not traveling to Mexico under the circumstances that we have here.

Yes, San Diego - Tijuana is the busiest border crossing in the world. It would be easy for them to just blend in with the crowds and walk across.

This article says you can live in Mexico for $745 a month.

How Much Does it Cost to Live in a Mexican Beach Town_ (2017)

So with the money we know they have, they could live comfortably in Mexico for at least three months. That is just the money we know about.

True, but Tad was not smart and there is nothing in Mexico for a lazy guy like him, only a world of hurt for a 15 yr old girl who doesn't speak the language. What would he have done when he ran out of money south of the border? Go out to farms looking for work? Or dare I say, sell her to brothel in tijuana. But all this assumes that he was smart. But he wasn't. A guy like him would be easily taken advantage of in the border area.

Do we know anything about Kevin Esterly, other then the fact that he is a Sunday School teacher? I keep looking but I can't find any other information about him.

Yes, San Diego - Tijuana is the busiest border crossing in the world. It would be easy for them to just blend in with the crowds and walk across.

This article says you can live in Mexico for $745 a month.

How Much Does it Cost to Live in a Mexican Beach Town_ (2017)

So with the money we know they have, they could live comfortably in Mexico for at least three months. That is just the money we know about.

Can you seriously still just walk across the border there minus a passport? I thought the rules changed after 9/11. I know for flights you have to have a passport for Mexico, and as I mentioned before, my friend was detained even with a permission letter from her husband until they could reach him via phone to verify. They've gotten fairly strict as of late with parental abductions, not to mention he is NOT the biological father. I mentioned earlier being detained in Canada and questioned even with a notarized permission letter. If they crossed, I feel they did it illegally and are more likely to be in Canada (easier illegal crossing). I had to show my daughters birth certificate, I always carry a copy when traveling as I get hassled a lot as a single parent with full legal custody. I suppose they could forge that also.

It's possible they got a lax border guard....I seem to either have no such luck, or I look highly suspect lol.

Do we know anything about Kevin Esterly, other then the fact that he is a Sunday School teacher? I keep looking but I can't find any other information about him.

From the Ashley Banfield interview:
JONES: Yes. Apparently, Kevin`s child was friends with A and apparently that`s how the two of them met, he`s a father of four. But he`s had some

trouble over the years, I mean, he`s had some criminal cases against him dismissed. He`s had some small claims against him in court. He`s

apparently some kind of contractor so it might be connected to that.

Also:
They`ve got the 1999 red Honda Accord, it`s a two-door, the plate is Pennsylvania KLT 0529

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1803/12/ptab.01.html

I feel like the car info hasn't been highlighted very much in this case. Wonder if they have evidence they switched cars?

I feel like the car info hasn't been highlighted very much in this case. Wonder if they have evidence they switched cars?

That would indicate some detailed planning. It is also possible that they are in the more remote parts of PA, NY or NJ waiting out the manhunt, knowing that being on the road would have a high probability of being caught as BOLO's/Posters/Alerts go out to truck stops, gas stations and convenience stores, not to mention traffic cameras and that there are fixed and police car mounted licence plate readers. Even stolen plates would pop up pretty quick.

Can you seriously still just walk across the border there minus a passport? I thought the rules changed after 9/11. I know for flights you have to have a passport for Mexico, and as I mentioned before, my friend was detained even with a permission letter from her husband until they could reach him via phone to verify. They've gotten fairly strict as of late with parental abductions, not to mention he is NOT the biological father. I mentioned earlier being detained in Canada and questioned even with a notarized permission letter. If they crossed, I feel they did it illegally and are more likely to be in Canada (easier illegal crossing). I had to show my daughters birth certificate, I always carry a copy when traveling as I get hassled a lot as a single parent with full legal custody. I suppose they could forge that also.

It's possible they got a lax border guard....I seem to either have no such luck, or I look highly suspect lol.

I thought as of 2015 that a passport would be required to go into Mexico. And I have read that you need a passport to cross into Mexico in San Diego/ Tijuana. My line of thought was that by the time they reached the border that authorities would be on the look out an their passports would be red flagged. Maybe I am wrong. The point to my thought was that I did not and still do not think that Mexico was a viable option. Given the amount of money they have etc. Do either of them speak any Spanish that we know of?

I had thought that they might still be in the area. Along with the rural parts of NJ,NY and PA. The thought crossed my mind that it would be easy to blend in in NYC. Particularly for A. I wonder how much the word of this has spread to the Chinese community in China town. That could be a source of support if they are unaware of the situation. I work about two blocks from China town in Manhattan, maybe I will take a walk around there tomorrow.

Yes, 911 had nothing to do with Mexico. It didn't have any effect on Mexico.

[video=youtube;o8iKr7MmYzU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iKr7MmYzU[/video]

<modsnip>

I had thought that they might still be in the area. Along with the rural parts of NJ,NY and PA. The thought crossed my mind that it would be easy to blend in in NYC. Particularly for A. I wonder how much the word of this has spread to the Chinese community in China town. That could be a source of support if they are unaware of the situation. I work about two blocks from China town in Manhattan, maybe I will take a walk around there tomorrow.

Interesting thought. She says her "hometown" is Manhattan, NY on her FB profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay