Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homeland being involved doesn't make sense. " Homeland Security provides the coordinated, comprehensive federal response in the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale emergency while working with federal, state, local, and private sector partners to ensure a swift and effective recovery effort."
FBI and US Marshall's are involved, but they are in Justice, not Homeland.

I wrote the the reporter on the video and will post the response if this was accurate.

Homeland Security handles BORDER security as well as other jobs.

Thanks. Makes sense, border patrol is part of Homeland.
Since PA has no natural boarders to Canada by land they would need to drive through neighbor states to get there. Or many states to Mexico.(that's a long drive but Cummins tried that and even a canoe from San Diego to get there). That opens him up to federal interstate charges.
Wait - would he try another page from Tad Cummins book and try to rent a boat and row to Canada from PA?

Since PA has no natural boarders to Canada by land they would need to drive through neighbor states to get there. Or many states to Mexico.(that's a long drive but Cummins tried that and even a canoe from San Diego to get there). That opens him up to federal interstate charges.
Wait - would he try another page from Tad Cummins book and try to rent a boat and row to Canada from PA?

That water is very cold. But if he is following the Tad Cummins playbook, he would have to take the back roads in order to avoid LE patrols and License plate readers. But you don"t need a canoe to get to mexico, anywhere west of Texas.

At the 10 pm WFMZ broadcast they mentioned Homeland Security being involved again but they said they wouldn't say why. Also some more details about the domestic between KE and SE. I am not able to link,I appreciate if someone else can. I hope there isn't trafficking involved in this disappearance.

I'm betting that he wants her all to himself. He is IMO probably her first intimate partner (if they have progressed that far and I'm thinking they certainly have), and he probably likes that part a lot. If the money runs out, however, it may become a different story for her. Time is not on her side in this horror for many reasons. Sixteen years old, oh my, she's so very young.

That water is very cold. But if he is following the Tad Cummins playbook, he would have to take the back roads in order to avoid LE patrols and License plate readers. But you don"t need a canoe to get to mexico, anywhere west of Texas.

Yep. Tad stole several license plates from different states that were in his possession when arrested. And when they where found the car had no license plates on it. That was a tip off. But Tad adminited to investigators he bought a 2 person kayak to row from SD bay to Mexico and even took a test run with MCET but the surf was too choppy and they turned back, putting both their lives in peril. They were even approached by a cop who did not recognize them and advised them to abandon it. He sold the kayak and they drove north until caught in northern California. See the MCET forums.
There is a Long Point National Wildlife Area in Canada side on maps that is very close to the PA shoreline. Sometimes desperate people try stupid things.

ETA IMO the taking of the passports (she has one, maybe him have not seen that reported) may be a misdirect that they left the area and let the dogs run off and really still near there. Lot's of places to hide in western PA hills.

Another similarity with the Cummins case is that both girls were abducted in early March. As with that case, I checked the US weather map, because camping is the cheapest alternative for accommodations and the one that will keep them from being detected. I am guessing that if AY and KE did not go south, they may be cold right now. Do we know if AY packed a bag? Do we know if KE is an outdoorsman? Check Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona. I don't think they'd go north, just from a temperature perspective.

Another similarity with the Cummins case is that both girls were abducted in early March. As with that case, I checked the US weather map, because camping is the cheapest alternative for accommodations and the one that will keep them from being detected. I am guessing that if AY and KE did not go south, they may be cold right now. Do we know if AY packed a bag? Do we know if KE is an outdoorsman? Check Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona. I don't think they'd go north, just from a temperature perspective.

Cummins fancied himself as an outdoorsman and even spent time in South America as a volunteer on a mission. He researched having a bed that would fit his car but there was never any evidence I saw that he bought it or used it during the kidnapping. There are records in motels that he rented with her to stay in however, and something called Slab City. venturing to San Francisco and the commune they stayed at until caught. None of these guys seemed to have roughed it, not with a young teen used to at least some comforts. But even that fell apart for Cummins in the end.
ETA eating wildflowers and bathing in streams.

ETA2 seems weird that the buildup happens in fall when school returns and after the holidays when the blowout happens/

maybe too many off us olders are on it an the kids moved on to Insta and SC for now.

I also found another FB profile that I wonder if it is her newer one. There's only 1 photo visible and all info is hidden, so not much help anyways. :thinking:

I just realized that both FB profiles do not not have anything recent. I believe that he or they both deleted everything.

I just realized that both FB profiles do not not have anything recent. I believe that he or they both deleted everything.

A few days ago, his FB was public. Now only a profile picture is public. I wonder who locked it down.

I was going to earlier but wasn't sure if we were supposed to because she is a minor. Not much recent on it though.

I reported my post to the moderators. Just in case it has violated the rules.

A few days ago, his FB was public. Now only a profile picture is public. I wonder who locked it down.

Cbs news has shown the infamous video of the two on the roller-coaster together. I believe he may have saw it and set his own profile to private.

Cbs news has shown the infamous video of the two on the roller-coaster together. I believe he may have saw it and set his own profile to private.

If he did, great! Digital trails aren't difficult to follow :)

I'm sure he covered all bases, knowing he went as far as being declared her stepfather to the school.

This guy sounds like he planned this carefully, as opposed to Tad who thought he and a 15 year old could kayak from California to Mexico.

And in this case, they are more prepared. This girl has her passport with her. I don't think Tad Commings was as smart. He didn't seem to realise that the two of them could have just walked across the border. These two have their passports and seem ready to travel. They could be almost anywhere.

Yes. As required by Title III of the International Child Abduction Prevention and Return Act 6 U.S.C. 241
Homeland Security, along with Customs and Border and other federal agencies takes an active hand in preventing a minor who may have been abducted from crossing the border into another country. Amy may have gone willingly, but it could be argued she was coerced.

I am not seeing Mexico though and here is why:
1.) I am sure that there are place where one could make it across the border to Mexico without going through a border station etc. but I would be concerned because of not only border patrol but of the people one might encounter at such locations. I am not necessarily talking about immigrants coming the other way from Mexico to the USA but those that may be in the business of facilitating immigrants border crossing efforts. I would be very wary about crossing over into Mexico with a 16 year old girl.
2.) Trying to hide out in remote/ non tourist areas could also be dangerous. A white guy and a young Asian girl would definitely stand out. Tourist areas would be easier to blend in but more expensive and $4,000.00 is only going to go so far.
3.) There doesn't seem to be much opportunity for this guy to make money in Mexico to support himself and A.

Canada would seem to be a safer option and easier to blend in / get some kind of under the table work.

I am not seeing Mexico though and here is why:
1.) I am sure that there are place where one could make it across the border to Mexico without going through a border station etc. but I would be concerned because of not only border patrol but of the people one might encounter at such locations. I am not necessarily talking about immigrants coming the other way from Mexico to the USA but those that may be in the business of facilitating immigrants border crossing efforts. I would be very wary about crossing over into Mexico with a 16 year old girl.
2.) Trying to hide out in remote/ non tourist areas could also be dangerous. A white guy and a young Asian girl would definitely stand out. Tourist areas would be easier to blend in but more expensive and $4,000.00 is only going to go so far.
3.) There doesn't seem to be much opportunity for this guy to make money in Mexico to support himself and A.

Canada would seem to be a safer option and easier to blend in / get some kind of under the table work.

I agree, and it would only take them a few hours to cross the border into Canada as opposed to Mexico where it could take them up to 2 days.

As I said before, they could've been in Canada before anyone even noticed they were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734