Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, from what I’m reading, A. left with “a couple hundred dollars,” some jewelry, and a passport.

You can believe whichever report you want. The transcript was pretty clear IMHO.

Here's a thought --

I wonder if the word "passport" should have been "passbook" as some banks/customers still call them -- they're actually just savings accounts. It's an old term, but being a past programmer/developer in a bank (not that long ago!), some customers still called them that although that term isn't used by many banks now. Some banks do still have them.

That is possible. Whatever it was, the brother was pretty clear that she took $10,000.

Is there an alledged kidnapping here? The legal age of consent in PA is 16, but is there a loop hole about traveling across state lines?

IANAL - but take a look at the federal "Mann Act" - interpret as you will -- maybe someone familiar with the Act could explain. Dunno if it could apply to Esterly or not.

[h=1]2027. Mann Act
[/h] Cases arising under the Mann Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2421 et seq., are investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and are referred directly to the appropriate United States Attorneys. The Child and Exploitation and Obscenity Section of the Criminal Division is responsible for supervision of the Act.

Sections 2421 to 2423 of the Act set forth several offenses including the offense of knowingly transporting any individual, male or female, in interstate or foreign commerce or in any territory or possession of the United States for the purpose of prostitution or sexual activity which is a criminal offense under the federal or state statute or local ordinance. Section 2423 is concerned solely with the transportation of minors under the age of 18 years and provides for an enhanced penalty. This section should generally be used when minors are victims, although the other two sections also cover minors ("any individual").

https://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-2027-mann-act

If my memory is right, he used his cell phone to order a pizza. The FBI traced the call and notified Mexican police. Pretty incredibly dumb.
Thanks -- that's what happened! Now I remember, thanks to your memory. And yes, pretty incredibly dumb.:facepalm:

I thought it was established early in this thread that 16 being the age of consent in Pa. was supposing that he other party was under the age of 18. Is that not true?

thats correct, however she was pulled out of school when she was 15 at the start.

Well the Amber Alert is out. Let us see how smart KE is. Just how long it takes him to figure out that the world knows that he has over $14,000 in cash and jewerly. Sleep tight KE.

I thought it was established early in this thread that 16 being the age of consent in Pa. was supposing that he other party was under the age of 18. Is that not true?

I quoted it somewhere in this thread -- the age of consent is 18, EXCEPT when both parties are 16 or 17 y/o.

Here it is:

Pennsylvania Age of Consent Laws 2018

[...]
Pennsylvania statutory rape law is violated the de-facto age of consent law in Pennsylvania is actually 18 (due to Pennsylvania's corruption of minors statute). This creates an interesting dynamic, as the laws allow teens aged 17 and 16 to consent to each other, but not to anyone 18 or older. Teens between 13 and 15 may or may not be able to consent to a partner less than 4 years older, because while they might not be affected by the statutory rape laws, they could be prosecuted under other offenses.
https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/pennsylvania

Yes several laws where violated {:
However they are gone

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I the only one tho thinks that A. committed theft against her mother? And with it being 10k it's most likely a felony?

When the alleged victim is 16 or older and less than 18 years of age, and the alleged offender is over the age of 18, the Commonwealth may charge the offense of corruption of minors or unlawful contact with a minor, even if the activity was consensual:

I didn't see that borndem. I think your on to something. That might be a problem for this nut ball.

So why did it get elevated to an Amber Alert?
I was terrified when I saw that change thinking they had found a suicide pact or a plan to kill her or traffic her or something.
Are the criteria just different in Mexico? Or did some new information come up that we've missed?

It bothers me that their resources are blasted everywhere in the media, even when Mexico was just a speculation; hell, even if it was super obvious that they weren't leaving the US, it could put AY at risk :(

Welp, let's hope they stick out like that proverbial thumb and get found. Mexico has a pretty good extradition agreement with the US, if I'm not mistaken. They're not completely lost yet, we shouldn't give up, but it could take a while, and every day that she's with KE is more harm done to AY :(

cache.php

Alert out in Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMBER ALERT MEXICO:

Summary of the Facts: On March 4, 2018, teenager A.Y. left her home in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA, with no explanation to her whereabouts. It is clear from the investigations that she is traveling in national territory in the company of Kevin Michael Esterly. It is considered that the integrity of the adolescent is at risk since she can be a victim of a crime.

(Call Free): 01 800 00 854 00

A. stole from her mom but she won’t be charged. She’s a victim of a crime. She was manipulated and exploited for sexual gains. Her mom will not press charges, she just wants her back home safely. Same with LE.

The exact evidence that sex occurred will not be released. From what we know the facts strongly allude to a sexual relationship:

1. KE signed her out of school 10 times. Where did they go? I doubt it was just for ice cream and innocent fun. People know them around town, they were likely not in the public eye.

2. The mother found “inappropriate” messages from KE.

3. AY’s brother said in the interview that the fight with KE SE on their property was about SE accusing KE AY of having sex. What does SE know besides him hiding the fact he signed AY out of school? Hotel purchases? SE knows something more?

This disgusting perv does not deserve freedom IMO.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member