Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really felt awful when the mom stated that she wished she hadn't fought/argued with AY.
One argument shouldn't cause so much trouble. She (mom) shouldn't have to feel like it was her fault.
The fault, imo, lies with this gross, disgusting, pathetic .
I have other opinions, but I'm going with what won't put me into TO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This guy has completeltly lost it.

AYs mother showed Newswatch 16 text messages on her phone, which she says were from Kevin before he and AY ran away.

One read, in part: "She is just a kid and the funny thing is at one point in her life, you were doing the right thing, you gave up when it got a little tough and I started to fix that kid and you guys made me stop for no reason."

AY's mother showed Newswatch 16 text messages on her phone, which she says were from Kevin before he and AY ran away.

One read, in part: "She is just a kid and the funny thing is at one point in her life, you were doing the right thing, you gave up when it got a little tough and I started to fix that kid and you guys made me stop for no reason."
Where might I view the messages?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KE, 45, appeared Monday in a Miami courtroom and agreed to waive extradition and return to the Lehigh Valley. That is expected to happen sometime within the next two weeks.

When asked by a Miami-Dade Circuit Court Judge whether he wanted to fight or waive his extradition, KE responded, “I’d like to go back to Pennsylvania as soon as possible.”

“That’s a smart choice,” the judge responded.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pol-amy-yu-kevin-esterly-extradition-20180319-story.html

A former Assistant U.S. Attorney said determining what happened between KE and AY both locally and in Mexico can potentially lead to a slew of more serious charges. Besides examining the relationship and analyzing digital data, investigators may also try to explore what happened on the Mexican getaway, including whether, at any point, the teen wanted to come home to her family in Allentown because she was uncomfortable or scared.

“If she did have a change of heart, we are talking about kidnapping and false imprisonment, if she consented to everything and she stands by that story, there will be a shorter list of charges."

An Allentown attorney said that if AY went willingly to Mexico with KE it could present a valid defense for him. Under Pennsylvania law, a person commits the crime of interference with the custody of a child if they knowingly take a child under the age of 18 away from their legal parent or guardian.

However, if the child is at least 14 years old and goes with the person willingly, and the defendant had no intention of committing a criminal act with the child, that could lead to acquittal.

Since AY is 16 and legally able to consent to sex, that may be a dead end for investigators. But if police find evidence that KE shared alcohol with AY, for example, they could still possibly charge him with corrupting the morals of a minor or endangering the welfare of a child.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pol-amy-yu-kevin-esterly-extradition-20180319-story.html

AY's mother showed Newswatch 16 text messages on her phone, which she says were from Kevin before he and AY ran away.

Wow. *swearie words* So it's all "their" fault he developed a beyond inappropriate relationship with a young teen girl. He was just trying to help and they screwed it up. So yeah, it does sound like he ran off with her in part motivated by revenge and anger. I'd guarantee this man still thinks he did nothing wrong. Because cheating on your wife and having sex with a young girl with no father around is definitely the way to help that young girl. If only they'd not interfered with him he'd not have needed to rent an apt and sneak her out of school? Grr.

Oh, the mental leaps people go through to justify their aberrant behavior.....

Wow. *swearie words* So it's all "their" fault he developed a beyond inappropriate relationship with a young teen girl. He was just trying to help and they screwed it up. So yeah, it does sound like he ran off with her in part motivated by revenge and anger. I'd guarantee this man still thinks he did nothing wrong. Because cheating on your wife and having sex with a young girl with no father around is definitely the way to help that young girl. If only they'd not interfered with him he'd not have needed to rent an apt and sneak her out of school? Grr.

yeah he was doing the right thing by AY by abandoning his wife and children and taking her out of school 10 times.
I wonder if he also attached th pics of AY he had on his phone his wife said he had for emphasis.
Hypocrite.

I just want to hug AY's mom and not let go for a really long time. I feel so horrible for her, and I have no other words.

yeah he was doing the right thing by AY by abandoning his wife and children and taking her out of school 10 times.
I wonder if he also attached th pics of AY he had on his phone his wife said he had for emphasis.
Hypocrite.

KE brainwashed AY and tried to do the same to her mom, and gaslight his wife as well. What a piece of work.

Definition of manipulative, IMO.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neighb...rd-coming-from-home-of-teen-who-went-missing/

"We've just been hearing a lot of fighting, the cops had been here a lot," said Kathleen Smith of Allentown. She said the 16-year-old teen, AY, "was pretty upset a bunch of the time and you could tell something was going on. Something was going to happen sooner or later and it wasn't going to be good."

"Esterly's wife, Stacey, has initiated divorce proceedings.
"She's happy that Kevin is incarcerated," said attorney John Waldron, who represents Stacey. "In fact, Kevin has been calling her every day trying to get a hold of her, but she hasn't picked up the phone because she doesn't want anything to do with him."

KE brainwashed AY and tried to do the same to her mom, and gaslight his wife as well. What a piece of work.

Part of grooming includes grooming the parent(s) as well.
KE is a text book case of a groomer.

Sure he wants to go back as soon as possible. After he was trying to get away as soon as possible.
He shouldn't have a problem with where he will be staying -- no rent due in jail, free clothes, and room & board. No worries. At least his wife won't have to worry -- but she still needs to have her locks changed, IMO. And maybe he can pay bond with whatever money he has left over from their little vacation. I hope not. He is where he belongs. Grrrrr.

I wonder how much their Mexican adventure cost in total and how much cash they had one them. It sounds like KE really put his family in a financial bind between losing his job, wasting money on rent of an apartment and then wiping out the savings account when he took off. Not only did he abandon his wife and children but he didn't seem to care that he was leaving them suddenly destitute! I just can't get over that part.

He shouldn't have a problem with where he will be staying -- no rent due in jail, free clothes, and room & board. No worries. At least his wife won't have to worry -- but she still needs to have her locks changed, IMO. And maybe he can pay bond with whatever money he has left over from their little vacation. I hope not. He is where he belongs. Grrrrr.
He'll be the most popular guy in jail with his I didn't do anything story the only innocent guy there. Yeah right. They'll slap that smirk off his face rught quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pol-kevin-esterly-arrest-in-mexico-details-20180321-story.html

The joint operation by U.S. and Mexican federal authorities to capture a married man and a 16-year-old Allentown girl came together quickly Saturday morning after a tipster reported the two were staying in an apartment near Cancun, officials with Homeland Security’s Mexico City office said Tuesday.

Teaming up, investigators with Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals Service and Mexican federal police set up surveillance Saturday morning in Puerto Morelos, a resort town south of Cancun, and kept watch of an apartment where they believed the two were staying.

After spotting movement inside an apartment that indicated Esterly and Y. were inside, Mexican police and U.S. marshals made entry and rescued the teen and arrested Esterly.

The apartment was processed and evidence was collected, Homeland Security officials said, but did not detail what they found inside and who now has that evidence.

Experts say depending on what happened in Mexico and what investigators learn about Esterly’s relationship with Y., he can face much more serious charges, some possibly federal.

Homeland Security says 'viable lead' launched operation to rescue missing Allentown teen

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-pol-kevin-esterly-arrest-in-mexico-details-20180321-story.html

Joint operation by U.S. and Mexican authorities to capture a married man and a 16-year-old Allentown girl came together quickly Saturday morning after a tipster reported the two were staying in an apartment near Cancun,

Twelve days after Kevin Esterly, 45, of Lowhill Township, and A. Y., a high school sophomore, fled to Mexico, federal authorities received what they believed to be a “viable lead” and “launched an operation to rescue Y.,” Homeland Security officials said in a statement.

Teaming up, investigators with Homeland Security, the U.S. Marshals Service and Mexican federal police set up surveillance Saturday morning in Puerto Morelos, a resort town south of Cancun, and kept watch on the apartment,

Esterly was deported to Miami on immigration violations, where he waived extradition and agreed to return to Lehigh County to face a felony count of interfering with the custody of a child.

Allentown police would have 15 days to pick him up, and if they did not do so, he would be released.

Court records in Florida list a second extradition hearing for April 3, which may be in the event that Esterly is not picked up by Allentown or Lehigh County authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l