Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One other report is stating that KE will have to register as a sex offender. If this is true, then there are more charges forthcoming. I don't see the interference charge being justified for that requirement. LE went out of their way to keep everything close to their chest. They arraigned him at 12:40 am Sunday morning. I belive more will become known Monday afternoon.
Does the interference charge carry a registering as a sex offender if convicted?
The article writer may have have saud that would happen if he was convicted of other sex charges not yet filed. Guess well see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that bail was set and that it is so low. If he and his wife own a house, it's half his, so theoretically, he may be able to post bond. And then where would he go if he was out?

Re: charges. I am also surprised that the Federal government has not brought charges. Perhaps they are forthcoming. They went to some trouble to track KE to Mexico; I cannot believe that they will decline to press additional charges.

The charge he faces is a low level felony, so I don't think a higher bond would be justified. As for the feds, they need evidence. It doesn't sound like AY is being overly cooperative and if KE is keeping his mouth shut, then the feds will need other evidence. Reportedly, they recovered some evidence from the apartment the two had been staying in in Mexico. That maybe our best hope at this point. So, they could be waiting for DNA results to come back. Plus, then they would need to take the case to a grand jury to get an indictment.

The charge he faces is a low level felony, so I don't think a higher bond would be justified. As for the feds, they need evidence. It doesn't sound like AY is being overly cooperative and if KE is keeping his mouth shut, then the feds will need other evidence. Reportedly, they recovered some evidence from the apartment the two had been staying in in Mexico. That maybe our best hope at this point. So, they could be waiting for DNA results to come back. Plus, then they would need to take the case to a grand jury to get an indictment.

I concur. The Protect Act (2003) will not apply because AY is 16 and able to consent. Unless there was evidence of more "horrible" nature found... I will leave it a that.

Hmmm, I wonder if you can put half a house in hock for bond? Seems to me, if her name is on the deed, such a thing would require joint signatures, and I'm betting she would never agree to that!

Further, if he didn't show up for trial, etc., the State would retain the big fat lien on the house, and she would be in a helluva mess.

And on another subject, what does she say to the kids, especially the younger ones, about their daddy who is in town but not home? Newspaper headlines, neighborhood gossip, friend at school. And the oldest daughter-- betrayed by her dad and her good friend of many years. That's tuff to chew at 14 y/o. What a selfish, sex-addled ~man~ he is. How did that xxxxxxx think it would end? And he will probably have a state - appointed attorney, since I assume he is near penniless. Where is his car? Some great asset it is now, to him and/or his wife, if they can even find it. SMH. What an azz.

Well, then that is it then. He will get off light. Unless the Feds find something.
But if he has to register as a sex offender, even if it is tier 1, he'll have a time finding a job -- doesn't look too damm good no matter who the employer -- I wouldn't hire him, it could put my business in a mess if he acted-up. Nope, not me.
Poor man. :(

Yes, a (Section) § 2904 Conviction may Require
Tier One, 15 Year Megan's Law Registration

A Recent WebSleuths Case:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...18-June-2016-*Arrest*&p=13462004#post13462004

[Post 5540
Thread 367694]

AGREED. SEXUAL OFFENDER REGISTRATION AND NOTIFICATION ACT ("SORNA") ALSO KNOWN AS MEGAN’S LAW IV, 42 PA.C.S. SECTIONS 9799.10, ET SEQ., EFF. DECEMBER 20, 2012; UPDATED BY AMENDMENT UNDER ACT 91-2012 (H.B. 75), EFF. JULY 5, 2012.

SORNA requires individuals to register as sex offenders if convicted of a ‘Tier" offense.
The list of "Tier" offenses under SORNA is longer than the list of registration offenses under the old Megan’s Law I-III. Under the updated act, 18 Pa.C.S. 2904 involving a minor is a Tier One offence and will require registering for 1-15 years.

Link with more info: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/42/00.097.099.014..HTM

Hmmm, I wonder if you can put half a house in hock for bond? Seems to me, if her name is on the deed, such a thing would require joint signatures, and I'm betting she would never agree to that!

Further, if he didn't show up for trial, etc., the State would retain the big fat lien on the house, and she would be in a helluva mess.

And on another subject, what does she say to the kids, especially the younger ones, about their daddy who is in town but not home? Newspaper headlines, neighborhood gossip, friend at school. And the oldest daughter-- betrayed by her dad and her good friend of many years. That's tuff to chew at 14 y/o. What a selfish, sex-addled ~man~ he is. How did that xxxxxxx think it would end? And he will probably have a state - appointed attorney, since I assume he is near penniless. Where is his car? Some great asset it is now, to him and/or his wife, if they can even find it. SMH. What an azz.

We haven't heard a peep about that car, have we?

As for the his kids, I assume SE has told them about the "bad decisions" their dad made, at least to some degree. Of course, the 14 year old has probably heard all sorts of stuff from friends etc. I really feel sorry for her. Well, the entire family really. I don't know how a person can just neglect and then abandon his family like that.

We haven't heard a peep about that car, have we?

As for the his kids, I assume SE has told them about the "bad decisions" their dad made, at least to some degree. Of course, the 14 year old has probably heard all sorts of stuff from friends etc. I really feel sorry for her. Well, the entire family really. I don't know how a person can just neglect and then abandon his family like that.

Yeah, where's the car? I also feel bad for the beautiful family KE left behind when he completely lost his mind.

Agree it does not seem that neither is admitting to anything prior to the December date when she turned 16. He was signing her out of school prior but IMO they will need her to talk or there is strong physical or other evidence. (Cummins has a boat load of other evidence against him, e.g. commune). Just makes me think more that MCET is turning on Tad, these two may be sticking to a script.

Nothing new in that article
Hope she said more in person

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Listened to the report - things I learned
1) SE learned in December her had rented an appartment, so it was likely prior that he had rented it. SE - "Children and I were waiting at home. What was he doing?"
2) He spoke to SE and kissed her goodbye and see you tonight. Despite the fights of the months prior/ So he was still living at home but had this appartment too.

2)

Just not sure why you would be kissing your husband goodbye in the morning after months of suspecting he’s sleeping with a 16 yr old and has an apartment near their house. Hmmm....

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1803/26/ptab.01.html

BANFIELD: Good parents care for their kids and sometimes friends of their kids as well. But the buck often stops at bringing those friends along on the family vacation, right? The buck definitely stops if the kid`s friend is invited on family vacation and only the dad is going on the vacation.

That would be creepy, right? That is why Kevin Esterly is in a lot of trouble tonight with the law and maybe even more importantly, with his wife, because she is steaming mad that she was found in Mexico with a 16- year-old girl and not just any girl, a close friend of one of their four daughters. And if you are wondering how mad she is, mad enough to go on "Good Morning America" and air his dirty laundry.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

STACEY ESTERLY, WIFE OF SUSPECT: I was worried. You know, my children would cry every night asking when daddy is coming home. It was very heart breaking, you know, to have to see your children go through something like this. I never thought in a million years we would ever be in this situation, let alone my children.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: The something like this that she is talking about is that her husband was spotted cuddling reportedly, possibly, with that 16-year-old,

Amy Yu on a one-way flight to Cancun before the authorities tracked them down. And now he is facing felony charges of interfering with her custody.

And his wife has another custody case in the works as well. With Stacey Esterly filing now for divorce and aiming to keep Kevin from seeing his kids, especially after learning that he spent weeks pretending to be another girl`s stepdad. Even renting an apartment around the corner from Amy Yu`s house.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ESTERLY: Those times that he was, you know, signing her out of school early. While, me and my children, you know, were waiting for him at home.

Where was he and Amy? And what were they doing?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: What were they doing indeed? A good question for Jaccii Ferris, reporter for CNN affiliate WFMZ. What were they doing, Jaccii?

JACCII FARRIS, REPORTER, CNN AFFILIATE WFMZ: Well, it has been speculated that a secret relationship had begun many months going back and Stacey said, she started to notice things that weren`t exactly what you would call fatherly.

[18:25:10] And when she brought them to the attention of Kevin Esterly, he, you know, blew it off and everything and ultimately, Stacey said she had to make a decision for her family. You know, they were at home, Stacey and their four girls, ages, you know, from 2 years old up to 14. They were at home waiting for Kevin a lot of the times whenever he was with Amy Yu and they would wonder where he was and finally Stacey said she put her foot down and she talked to Amy Yu`s mother and talked to Kevin and everyone was in agreement that they would no longer see each other, but that certainly did not turn out to be the case.

BANFIELD: Well, that was -- that was after this relationship may have had quite an opportunity to blossom, because as we have learned, they were spending so much time together as a family which is weird. Amy Yu was often with Esterly`s family. You know, the oldest is 14-year-old was here, some say was her closest, dearest best friend and others say great friend. And they often went on family vacations together. Amy would join the Esterly`s on their vacation. Have a listen to what Stacey told GMA.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ESTERLY: We took Amy, on a lot of family vacations, a lot of family outings. First time for skiing, first time to the beach. Like I said, we took her in and treated her as part of our family.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: Well, now in retrospect, I`m sure that Mrs. Esterly doesn`t think that was such a good idea, because she has since discovered at least since December, found out in December that Kevin Esterly had rented an apartment just four blocks from Amy`s house. Here`s what she said about that to GMA.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ESTERLY: In December, I had found out that he had rented an apartment, four blocks away from Amy`s house. That was devastating to me and my children as well.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: Jaccii, my guess is that -- that apartment is now empty. At least, Kevin is not spending any time there, he was extradited not just from Mexico to Florida, but then from Florida to Pennsylvania. What`s his status now?

FARRIS: Well, he is now at the Lehigh County Correctional Facility, where he is on $500,000 bail. But, I can tell you, Stacey is not going to bail him out any time soon. An attorney that represents Stacey said, that Kevin has actually been calling Stacey from jail. And Stacey is done, she is not taking his calls. She is not talking to him, you know who she is talking to? She is talking to a divorce attorney, because she wants to end this marriage, focus on her girls, and move on, because she said after what Kevin has done to her, enough is enough. And she`s gonna just basically make sure her girls are OK. And of all the girls, the oldest, the 14-year- old, the one that is the friend of Amy Yu, Stacey said her daughter is feeling betrayed and she is really having a tough time with the feelings that have come out from all of this.

BANFIELD: Can you just -- I mean, think it through for a minute, can you imagine, a, what it`s like for long suffering Stacey Esterly now finding out that all these weird moments and the time away from her daughters, her four daughters and her and the oddness of how Stacey or of how -- her husband was acting around Amy Yu only to find out there is the apartment and they have run off together potentially and now this is the case.

The interference with custody. Here`s what John Waldron said, this is Stacey`s attorney. Horrifying is the least of it, right? John Waldron,

Stacey`s attorney said, that Stacey was really starting to notice that this was no longer a young girl who is coming along on the family vacations and -- no longer a young girl who was best friends with her oldest daughter. There was something odd going on. Here`s how John put it.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOHN WALDRON, ATTORNEY FOR STACEY ESTERLY, WIFE OF SUSPECT: That it was clear, because of the way they would behave with each other. It was clear in a woman`s, you know, intuition.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BANFIELD: I want to bring in if I can, Defense Attorney Kenya Johnson, she is live now with me from Atlanta. Kenya, it`s such a weird story, there is an odd developments as well, that when Amy was brought back from Mexico and repatriated in Pennsylvania, she didn`t go home. She went to a place -- well, first to the hospital and then after the hospital, she went to Kid`s Peace Family Center. Which is a place for at risk kids, kids with disabilities, it`s a place that offers psychiatric help, residential programs and she is apparently still there. Her mother had just told us and this is breaking news, that Amy is still there and Amy is angry. Amy does not want to see her mother or her family or quote, talk to us, which I can only imagine what it means to her brother, John, 14-year-old brother John who spoken to us before, and her mother.

What are their rights? I mean this is a 16-year-old girl. They have custody of this 16-year-old girl. She is a child. What are the family`s rights at this point, Kenya, in seeing and talking to their 16-year-old girl?

KENYA JOHNSON, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, there are two standards. There is a legal standard for the age of sexual consent which is age 16, but then there is also the public standard of emotional maturity.

And so even though the young lady does not want to go back home, she may be under duress, she may be brainwashed by this older, more mature man that she may look at him as a father figure, feel very comfortable with him.

So even if she willingly participated in the activities and legally traveled with him, the parents still have rights because she is a minor and you can`t interfere with the custody of a minor. You can`t transport a minor across state lines.

BANFIELD: That may be the least of his worries, Kenya. Honestly, this wife has just told GMA that she found out about the apartment that Kevin had.

She found out about it in December. Amy`s birthday where she turned 15 was December 9th.

So, if this apartment existed before December 9th and if it was being used for anything sexual with Amy, now what charges is Kevin Esterly facing on top of interference with the custody of a child?

JOHNSON: If he had sex with this young lady before she turned 16, he is looking at statutory rape which is a felony charge. He is also looking at a battery which is an offense of touching. She could have been under duress, kidnapping, false imprisonment.

The key question is going to be how much did she participate willingly in this activity and then her parents will come around and say even though she participated willingly, she was under some sort of undue influence.

BANFIELD: I wish -- I wish I could see the evidence gathering in that apartment. What they are looking for in that apartment and whether certain DNA to be disgusting in that apartment might actually show that there was a statutory rape because honestly, you got nine days in December where is illegal and the rest of December where she is legal by the statute. So, story continues.

My thanks to Jacky Farris (ph) and also Kenya Johnson. I`m going to ask you to stick around.

People article:

Wife of Man Who Allegedly Fled to Mexico With Teen Says: 'I Never Had Any Inkling it Would Lead to This'
http://people.com/crime/kevin-esterly-wife-speaks-out/

The wife of the 45-year-old Pennsylvania man who allegedly ran off to Mexico with a 16-year-old girl is speaking out, saying she tried to stop her husband from having contact with the girl.

“I did reach out to her mother, just saying I didn’t want [her] around as much, around my family and my children,” Stacey Esterly told Good Morning America Monday.

[...]

People article:

Wife of Man Who Allegedly Fled to Mexico With Teen Says: 'I Never Had Any Inkling it Would Lead to This'
http://people.com/crime/kevin-esterly-wife-speaks-out/

The wife of the 45-year-old Pennsylvania man who allegedly ran off to Mexico with a 16-year-old girl is speaking out, saying she tried to stop her husband from having contact with the girl.

“I did reach out to her mother, just saying I didn’t want [her] around as much, around my family and my children,” Stacey Esterly told Good Morning America Monday.

[...]

"My children would cry every night asking, ‘When is daddy coming home?’”

And AY and her mom had fights about her going out all the time sometimes all night reported in one article.

So where were they?

SE's description of the last morning seems odd compared to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l