Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]All right, class, it's Vocabulary Time. Today we will learn the definition of STUPID: [/FONT]
https://www.merriam-webster.com/time-traveler/1541?src=defrecirc-timetraveler-sharebutton
https://www.merriam-webster.com/time-traveler/1541?src=defrecirc-timetraveler-sharebutton
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupid

[FONT=comic\ sans\ ms]To help you remember the definition, here is a picture of the word, "Stupid" --
[/FONT]

cache.php

http://6abc.com/16-year-old-amy-yu-found-in-mexico-returns-to-allentown/3228798/
GAAAAAAAAH *koff* *koff*

Best vocabulary lesson EVER! Totally worth the rapid offload of my fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice!

I might just have to frame this one. [emoji16]

I sure hope that is a birthmark on his neck?? Post 2 above this with the blue stripped sweat pants
Unfortunately, I don't see it in any other photos of him ;/ granted, I can only see part of his neck in them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im so glad AY is safely home, but I’m baffled. They aren’t two love-struck teenagers. He’s 45 with kids. She’s a teenager. Take a few thousand dollars and run away to Mexico? Then what?? Was there a long term plan?

Im so glad AY is safely home, but I’m baffled. They aren’t two love-struck teenagers. He’s 45 with kids. She’s a teenager. Take a few thousand dollars and run away to Mexico? Then what?? Was there a long term plan?
I'm sure he'd help her find a good job to support him. [emoji52]

I am proud of SE for holding strong in what must be an agonizing situation.
Too many times we see a spouse, male or female take back a rotten egg.

Some quotes:
Esterly is facing a charge of interference of the custody of a child, a felony of the third degree.

Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Seth Weber said determining what happened between Esterly and AY both locally and in Mexico can potentially lead to a slew of more serious charges.
Besides examining the relationship and analyzing digital data, investigators may also try to explore what happened on the Mexican getaway, including whether, at any point, the teen wanted to come home to her family in Allentown because she was uncomfortable or scared, Weber said.

“If she did have a change of heart, we are talking about kidnapping and false imprisonment,” he said. “If she consented to everything and she stands by that story, there will be a shorter list of charges."

Allentown attorney Thomas Joachim said that if Yu went willingly to Mexico with Esterly it could present a valid defense for him. Under Pennsylvania law, a person commits the crime of interference with the custody of a child if they knowingly take a child under the age of 18 away from their legal parent or guardian.
However, if the child is at least 14 years old and goes with the person willingly, and the defendant had no intention of committing a criminal act with the child, that could lead to acquittal, Joachim said.

“I presume the police are going to be scrutinizing what their activities were in Mexico,” he said.
Weber said Esterly could be subject to the same federal charge that landed music pioneer Chuck Berry in jail in the 1960s.

Under the Mann Act, transporting a minor across state lines for “any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense” is a federal crime that can carry significant prison time, Weber said. Berry was sentenced to three years in prison for taking a 14-year-old from El Paso to St. Louis in 1959.

More at link.

Some quotes from AY's mom:
She had feared the worst after her daughter ran off with a 45-year-old married man named Kevin Esterly.

After they were finally found, they were taken to Miami Saturday night.

Just days before receiving the good news, however, Luu gave an extensive interview to ABC News admitting her regret for arguing with her daughter before her disappearance and her anger at Esterly.
"Nobody can help," Luu said about her daughter's return. "They just hide and hide. It's so difficult to find them."

Her daughter vanished with what Luu described as "a little bit of jewelry, her passport and a couple hundred dollars."
The mother said she regretted fighting with her daughter before she fled.
"The last day, I called AY and we talked I yelled at her, and so she got mad," Luu said.
In the throes of worry and reflection, Luu wondered if she could have done more to keep A away from from the married man.

"Every day she would go out -- sometimes for two hours and I ask her 'Why do you go out? Every day you go out!'" she said she told AY. "Sometime she would be gone overnight....

"It's difficult teaching the teenagers because they won't listen to the parents," she added.
Luu agreed, saying for AY, Kevin Esterly was "dad" and his wife was "mom."

But Luu said she found the relationship strange and confronted the couple.

"I ask him and I ask his wife, 'Why does she call you mom and dad?' and they say 'It's normal,'" Luu recalled.

But the patriarchal relationship became inappropriate over "eight or nine months" when Stacey Esterly said she learned her husband was allegedly having sex with AY, according to Waldron.
"She tried to prevent Kevin on almost a daily basis from having contact with AY," Waldron said, adding that Stacey Esterly didn't report him to authorities at first because she was concerned about fracturing her family.

:gaah:

Some quotes from AY's mom:

:gaah:

Read the article so -

"Every day you go out!'" she said she told AY. "Sometime she would be gone overnight.... "

Overnight? I am guessing she was going somewhere not to friends sleepovers?

The comments from the wife's lawyer seems to be setting up grounds for adultery for a physical relationship in the months prior to when AY turned 16 IMO. There would have to be more than suspicion and circumstantial evidence hope she is sharing with prosecutors.

I remember when I turned 13 and started wearing makeup and sprouted bosoms, guys would not let up. My mother took me to a B B Q joint and she told my dad that a man like to backed over his wife opening the door for me. I remember him doing that but did not realize what my mother observed. She was mad as he**. Guys like the young stuff, smart guys wait till they are 17 or 18 in this country but in other countries like Mexico and the middle east it is not uncommon at all for a middle aged man to have a very young wife/girlfriend and even multiple wives especially in southeast Asia. It is distrubing to us in this country im just saying it is not viewed the same in other parts of the world. I guess it is in their DNA to go for the waist- to- hip ratio, healthy hair all the signs of fertility even if they do not plan on a family, it is just genetics and caveman reptile thinking..

Will he be registered as a sex offender? I thought I read 16 was the age of consent in her state?

Interview with AY's mother and more on KE on the 10 pm wfmz broadcast. Her English makes it difficult to understand but it should be posted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734