Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The @mcall has learned that Kevin Esterly, a married father of 4, rented this $650 apartment just blocks from Y.'s home. On Tues., his landlord evicted him citing "police presence.""

Guess we can guess where they were when he signed her out of school those 10 times... :(

-https://twitter.com/i/web/status/974747120417824769

How did he pay for this without his wife finding out?

More info in this article and some new info to boot:

"He and his family had known Y. since she was about seven years old, meeting at church about eight or nine years ago, according to attorney John Waldron, representing Esterly’s wife Stacey. Y. lived in Allentown with her mother and younger brother and had been apart from her father, who lives in China, since she was a child, her mother said.

As Y. grew older, the Esterlys often included Y. on vacations with his wife and daughters, almost treating her like a “fifth daughter.” Y. eventually became best friends with Esterly’s eldest daughter, he said...

“Thing is there were fights all the time because Kevin didn’t have time for Stacey or his own children,” he said. “It was a constant struggle..."

“He couldn’t help himself, he couldn’t stop.”

Waldron said Esterly lost his job over his obsession with Y. and had been unemployed for a month.

- http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/...u-missing-news-conference-20180316-story.html

"Two days later, Esterly was reported missing and possibly endangered, by one of his relatives, he said. During the investigation that night, police discovered Esterly had bought one-way plane tickets for him and the teen at the same time Y.’s mother had reported her missing, Lake said. Their flight took them from Philadelphia to Dallas and then to Cancun, Lake said."

I disagree with Atty. Waldron. He absolutely could have stopped.

New info here about when the police discovered their itinerary. I had assumed is was when Frank Castorvinci called the police on Thursday, but apparently, they knew about the trip on Wednesday.

How did he pay for this without his wife finding out?

I believe it is safe to assume that his wife kicked him out or he left.

Interesting comments on the Allentown Police FB page can give you a clue as to what happen after that. If you can, you will realize how reality can be hilarious. "his landlord evicted him citing "police presence." rofl.

Interesting comments on the Allentown Police FB page can give you a clue as to what happen after that. If you can, you will realize how reality can be hilarious. "his landlord evicted him citing "police presence." rofl.

I was sort of thinking the same. Need to know when he rented it. But just think of the waste of monetary resources that he directed away from his own kids for his obsession with a teen girl! Just when I thought I couldn't dislike him any more..... .

"The @mcall has learned that Kevin Esterly, a married father of 4, rented this $650 apartment just blocks from Y.'s home. On Tues., his landlord evicted him citing "police presence.""

Guess we can guess where they were when he signed her out of school those 10 times... :(

-https://twitter.com/i/web/status/974747120417824769

Quick note, a landlord cannot immediately evict a tenant. There is a long process that the landlord must go through. Approximately a 2-3 month process and that's if the judge approves the eviction. So either the landlord told him to leave and KE obliged or the process started a while ago and it just happened.

First I've seen it, thanks, HGO!

This says that they flew to Cancun on March 7, two days after the Dallas flight.
Hi Kapua! Not in Hawaii, but rather my neck of the woods. ;)

If she kicked him out (or he had moved out), who reported him missing?

“A., if you are uncertain about how to come home or who to go to, we encourage you to go to a law enforcement officer in Mexico, perhaps a resort staff member or perhaps you could email, text, or contact your mother somehow on social media and we will do everything we can to get you reunited with your family as quickly as possible,” police Captain Bill Lake said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Teen-girl-older-man-mexico-amy-yu.html

Quick note, a landlord cannot immediately evict a tenant. There is a long process that the landlord must go through. Approximately a 2-3 month process and that's if the judge approves the eviction. So either the landlord told him to leave and KE obliged or the process started a while ago and it just happened.

I think the landlord was probably using the term "evicted" in a general sense. He has obviously abandoned the apartment, the landlord declared the lease terminated and used self-help method to retake possession. He isn't there to contest it. I hope he didn't leave anything behind that he wanted. Hopefully the landlord will let the wife come and look to see what stuff was in the apartment.

Incidentally, in my state, even using the court, an eviction can be completed in 15 days.

ETA, upon reading that article it does say that the landlord filed to evict him on Tuesday.

This is a pretty sick case. I believe A. was coerced into leaving with him to a foreign country to make it more difficult for LE to peg him for having a relationship with a 16-year-old girl. No doubt in my mind that he knows exactly what he's doing. I hope and pray she's not harmed and gets justice for what kind of psychological torment he's put on her.

If she kicked him out (or he had moved out), who reported him missing?

"[FONT=&amp]Two days later, Esterly was reported missing, and possibly endangered, by one of his relatives, he said. During the investigation that night, police discovered Esterly had bought one-way plane tickets for him and the teen at the same time Y.’s mother had reported her missing, Lake said. Their flight took them from Philadelphia to Dallas and then to Cancun, Lake said."

[/FONT]
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Te...co-amy-yu.html

My children attend this school. I can assure you that calls are made to parents alerting them of their child’s absence by 9:30. Remember that there is a language barrier here, and maybe her mother can’t understand the automated calls. Also, I’m sure many teenagers are depended on to translate documents sent home to non English speaking parents. I am positive this is how AY was able to add KE as her stepdad, and I’m pretty sure at 16, I was easily able to forge my mom’s signature.

I realize you support your school. Did not intend to denigrate it and hope it wasn't taken that way. I thought later that if the school protocol allows that AY may have forged an absent note from her for the getaway day from the mom the school day prior (Friday) to explain her absence and delay any notification. Hasn't been released but maybe you have heard? That would explain it, hope no offense was taken.

Watched the replay of the presser today and IMO they looked depressed, almost defeated IMO. No federal supporting agencies present.
I've seen others (Cummins/TBI, Frisina/Florida, even Heather Graham/VA RIP) they looked more energized, focused, determined, even angry. I realize it was a Friday afternoon but that just made me depressed.

ETA this is the first one I remember where they made it out of the US jurisdiction. Tad Cummins must be shaking his head.

Watched the replay of the presser today and IMO they looked depressed, almost defeated IMO. No federal supporting agencies present.
I've seen others (Cummins/TBI, Frisina/Florida, even Heather Graham/VA RIP) they looked more energized, focused, determined, even angry I realize it was a Friday afternoon but that just made me depressed.

I didn't get a depressed or defeated vibe but I got the feeling they were annoyed at having to hold the press conference. They did not want to answer any questions and gave a very minimum amount of new info. They are guarding the investigation right now, IMO. I wonder if Mexican authorities blind-sided American LE with the Amber Alert?

If I see a Chinese female teen with an older guy thats not Chinese;

My hinky meter hits high alert. Lol.

So I wonder what story are these 2 feeding people in order to not look suspicious?

Probably not much now, tourist on travel with money thank you very much. And he has already vacationed with her.. Don;t think they need to alter their appearance much. He looks like Mr. Average. All she has to do is wear sunglasses and a big floppy sun hat that fits in and I don;t think anyone would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryopanda