Recovered/Located PA - A.Y., 16, Allentown, 5 March 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that A. didn't think this is abuse. She's 16. Kids are learning adult things way earlier in life thanks to the internet and she never stumbled upon an article talking about grooming of minors? Or sexual abuse? Her school never talked about it? Or was she dumb enough to superglue the rose tinted glasses to her face?
Also from that Stacy Esterley article and how A. reacted... I'm willing to bet that the touchy feely began waaay before she was 15/16. Heck, it probably started when she hit puberty at 10/11.

Seriously? Dumb enough?! The funny thing about grooming is that the person being groomed doesn't know that they're being groomed. It's all kinds of head games.

And that's even more true if it began at a young age. We don't know when he started, but he's known her since she was SEVEN.

And not having a dad in her life, she was even more vulnerable and susceptible... which he obviously knew and exploited.

Let's not shame the victim here. He, on the other hand, IS an adult who knows exactly what he is doing and who deserves to be punished.

And touchy feely? That would be called molestation or sexual abuse. Of a CHILD.

Seriously? Dumb enough?! The funny thing about grooming is that the person being groomed doesn't know that they're being groomed. It's all kinds of head games.

And that's even more true if it began at a young age. We don't know when he started, but he's known her since she was SEVEN.

And not having a dad in her life, she was even more vulnerable and susceptible... which he obviously knew and exploited.

Let's not shame the victim here. He, on the other hand, IS an adult who knows exactly what he is doing and who deserves to be punished.

The thanks button wasn't enough. I really hate cases like this. I hope they're found quickly, but unfortunately the damage (to his wife, his kids, to A.) has already been done. Piece of garbage.
:gaah:

Thanks but that was said the same thing as MCET. (and Frisina). They don't know how to get out of it or don't want to because they are running away from something that is worse. And they have been convinced to running to something that is only better for their captor, not them
One of the frustrating things for me in these cases is how so bad was their existence have been that their pain was so bad that this was the only solution and way out?

Thank goodness, in the MCET case, the victim was found, 'physically unharmed'.
Let us hope the same applies in this case.

I agree. I can't even imagine what that wife is going through. The kids probably largely don't even quite understand. They probably think Dad will be home eventually and everything will be fine. But if/when Dad comes home, he is going to prison for a long time. I don't think people understand what having a parent in prison does to a child. Its heart-breaking. To see a guy throw away a loving family, put them through this, for....what? A teen-fling that he knows wont last? Its just hard to accept.

Seems that this stuff with his focus on A. had been going on for awhile and even caused him to move out and was breaking up the family. There was no return to normalcy IMO

ETA I just shake my head at the two parties involved are so consumed that they are only thinking of themselves and satisfying their desires over the impact it has on other people in their lives they supposedly love, and some that defend it, since she is over some artificial age of consent. Lives are changed and in cases like MCET careers are ruined, but that doesn't matter. These two people only think of themselves, and enablers defend them. Here you have a mom that has "lost" a daughter, a family broken and 5 children (A.;s brother and the 4 daughters) that are negatively impacted the rest of their lives. The impact far outlives some of us on this board.

Thank you! She is a CHILD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I can't even imagine what that wife is going through. The kids probably largely don't even quite understand. They probably think Dad will be home eventually and everything will be fine. But if/when Dad comes home, he is going to prison for a long time. I don't think people understand what having a parent in prison does to a child. Its heart-breaking. To see a guy throw away a loving family, put them through this, for....what? A teen-fling that he knows wont last? Its just hard to accept.

I think they do understand. From this article, it Mom says they fought in front of the kids AND A.:

She says the more Kevin denied everything, the more their relationship crumbled.

"And they would fight almost every day about that. Because Kevin was not taking care of Stacey as a wife, and taking care of his four daughters. He was spending more time with A. and it was apparent, so they were arguing and fighting. 'How come dad isn't around?' the girls would say."

Waldron says the fights happened in front of A. and the couple's children.

"And Stacey would say to A., 'Do you see what is happening with me? and the way he treats me in front of you and the girls?' But it didn't seem to have any impact," SE's attorney said.

Kevin kept spending time with A.,, so much so, that he lost his job.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-vall...y-yu/717413286

I think they do understand. From this article, it Mom says they fought in front of the kids AND A.:

She says the more Kevin denied everything, the more their relationship crumbled.

"And they would fight almost every day about that. Because Kevin was not taking care of Stacey as a wife, and taking care of his four daughters. He was spending more time with A. and it was apparent, so they were arguing and fighting. 'How come dad isn't around?' the girls would say."

Waldron says the fights happened in front of A. and the couple's children.

"And Stacey would say to A.,, 'Do you see what is happening with me? and the way he treats me in front of you and the girls?' But it didn't seem to have any impact," SE's attorney said.

Kevin kept spending time with A., so much so, that he lost his job.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-vall...y-yu/717413286

BBM yep saw it
Wow

I think kids like A. are just at a vulnerable age. A. probably more so because her Dad was gone and her mom didn't speak real good English, she felt different, and for kids that age, all they want is to be like everyone else. He took advantage of that. If she had gotten another 6-12 months down the road she would have had a real boyfriend and he would have thought her mom was great and she would have forgot all about this creep and everything would have been fine. This jerk just struck at precisely her most vulnerable moment.

Last reports MCET had a job and bf her own age range, Identifies as gamer girl or something.

Thanks but I hated hitting the thanks button. These are just terrible examples that we want to save them from yet the victims I guess don;t listen to, their devotion so built up. Almost like cult, not to the self, total capitulation.

These guys seem to have the same behavior as cult leaders but to an individual instead of a group. They give preferential treatment to someone who feels they aren't special. Then the peers start to ridicule, maybe bullying at school, and Amy then pulls back and rebels to the only one who is making her special. It's a toxic mix.

Wow jumping in now after catching up and finding out about this case. So much like The Cummins Case, I agree. I Read in the linked article (last post, previous page) that KE had moved out into an apartment (new news?) and at this point signed A. out of school multiple times and had inappropriate dealings with the child to the point he lost his job. According to SE. This was before he took the child away? And how does SE know this? If someone has a timeline going can we add the apartment now. Where did he get the money for that? Stealing his wife’s $4000 is not surprising to me given his past record. Has the $10000 from the passport been confirmed? I don’t think it’s unusual for the child’s mother to have that stashed away. if they managed to board a plane before being reported missing then they could have gone straight to Mexico. Or is there no direct flight from PA? They could have ditched the car somewhere, removed the plates and caught a train to the airport. All IMO and rambled thoughts as always cause that’s what happens when I’m trying to contribute after reading over 30 pages. I hope they are both found soon

Welcome your comments are direct on! Good job catching up.!
Some of your comments -
1) trying to confirm the $10K with the reporter mentioned in the transcript.I messaged her on FB but have not heard back.
2) Seems no direct flights so there is a stop in DFW. Unclear (in my mind) if ticket was for a destination in Cancun from Philly with a stopover or if they just went to DFW and bought another ticket from there.
3) Ditched car. / train to airport - not confirmed from LE if they have the car or where. The least time consuming option is to leave it at the airport lot. Some have said he sold it to get extra cash before leaving.
Or he could have parked it at the 30th street rail station illegally thinking it would be towed and caught cab/.train to airport (short ride). The car may be in a tow lot

ETA adding to my own comments. Putting the car first in the area of the rail station makes sense. That's would be a great misdirect to LE on his part. That's an AMTRAK station and maybe have LE think that they took a train to other parts of the country instead of running to the airport.
I'm starting to give this guy more credit for thinking this through..

I read somewhere that the family claims she took 10k but the police can't confirm

Geez, I was just thinking, this is spring break time. There could be huge crowds down there in Cancun.

I just thought this early this morning. It's either a good thing (more people vacationing to spot them) or a bad thing (that they blend in with the rest of the tourists).

He probably just didn't want his sister to get in trouble and just thought she was ditching school for the day. Maybe she told him something. She obviously wasn't concerned that he would tell anyone anytime soon. I'm sure he feels terrible now. Poor kid.

Also I don't think it's a brother's responsibility to keep tabs on his sister. I remember one time when I was a kid, while my mother was at work, the cops showed up to talk to my younger brother about an issue he was involved in. I cooperated and got my brother. After the cop was done talking to him, he chewed me out for not keeping track of my brother. I told the cop that was not my responsibility, and that I would let my mother know about it when she got home, so she could deal with it. Which is what I did, and no I did not call my mother at work. I waited for her to get home. Which sounds like what this kid did.

It's so sick isn't it? All this pics of AY on his FB page. Under the guise of him being her "father" - ugh just gross. Feel so bad for his real daughters and wife.

I agree she can't comprehend a life without him, but when she starts acting as all children do - it will come to annoy him - like why do I have to keep explaining why we can't go back home? And the romantic notion of it for him will begin to wear off, and then who knows what he will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I found his fb I could only see 3 photos. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Short rant... I'm disgusted by the Pennsylvania age of consent being 16. The supreme court abolished capital punishment for juveniles under 18 in 2005 and in 2012 banned mandatory LWOP for juveniles under 18 without taking into consideration the unique circumstances of each case. Currently in PA there have been about 116 old cases where juveniles were resentenced and about 58 juveniles have been released.

Yet, PA seems to think it's okay for a 16-year old to have sex with an adult. Esterly could have and should have been thrown in jail from the get go. The law needs to protect minors, not just from spending years in jail but also from predators like Esterly.

Rant over.

The intent of states setting ages of consent was to avoid situations where 18-year-old Romeo would have to register as a sex offender for life for having a 16-year-old girlfriend, Juliet. That makes sense. However, most states set an upper age limit, and PA does not. They do have the "interference of custody" law to prevent adults from running off with minor children, and the provision that the older person cannot "have authority" over the minor. I don't think PA thinks it's okay for a 16-year-old to have sex with a 45-year-old, but I do think there's something missing in the current law. Either the state should set an upper age limit or add a grooming provision. They need "A's law".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow