PA - Amtrak train from Washington crashes in Philadelphia, May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I heard on CNN that you have to supply your name. Harder to track than an airplane because you don't know where people are sitting...but they will have a manifest of all passengers.

I think they would have a manifest of people who PURCHASED tickets, but not necessarily who boarded the train. I ride Amtrak every once in awhile and I don't recall showing ID to anyone when we entered the platform - or if we did, there wasn't anyone checking a list.

There also are no assigned seats.

It might take some work to check the manifest to confirm they have recovered everyone who actually boarded. Grim work.

635670719929310095-AP-Amtrak-Crash.2.jpg

635670672199268335-AP-Amtrak-Crash.3.jpg

http://www.delawareonline.com/story...ain-washington-crashes-philadelphia/27213727/

Does anyone know how far the derailment is from the Phil stop - it would be interesting to know distance in terms of building speed. MSMBC said it had left the Phil stop?

I think they would have a manifest of people who PURCHASED tickets, but not necessarily who boarded the train. I ride Amtrak every once in awhile and I don't recall showing ID to anyone when we entered the platform - or if we did, there wasn't anyone checking a list.

There also are no assigned seats.

It might take some work to check the manifest to confirm they have recovered everyone who actually boarded. Grim work.

You show ID at the window as you are checking in if bought online/ or as you purchase the ticket and then you go over to the area where the train will be coming in.

Edit - photo posted above while I was trying to figure out how to do it! LOL!

The photo in post #90...how in the world did all of those tree branches get mixed into that mangled car?

My goodness...seeing the location of the locomotive now.

It came WAY too close to those tanker cars. There could be any number of flammable liquids in there. If they are full of something like that, this could have been so much worse! I read somewhere that this is in a residential area.

Amtrack employees saying they have never seen anything like this per Mayor - MSNBC

These guys are getting amazing video some of the cars are just totally upside down numbing images

They have gotten a lot of lights in their now can see much more

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/category/239150/watch-fox-29-news-live-online

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/amtrak-derailment-in-philadelphia/

Am I not looking at the right thing? In that last photo, it looks like the right side of the track is missing. And could it be sticking out of the top of that mangled mess?

Edit - photo posted above while I was trying to figure out how to do it! LOL!

The photo in post #90...how in the world did all of those tree branches get mixed into that mangled car?

!!!!!!!!!You tell me ! There was a live shot from local where it was the locomotive, messed up tracks, about 10 feet away from another train (cargo) sitting on another track - so I think that may be how that first thought happened. BUt the weird thing is there was nothing attached to the locaomtive, it was just "there" smashed front window , on no railroad track ???

I dunno............................BUt The expert on MSNBC is saying it had just left 30 the street so there were some limitations as to speed gain, but it sure seems like one car actually struck another car in the accident sequence, casue in no pics are there impact with like a hourse, bridge wall etc - you know what I mean!

Daylight is going to be unreal...........

Am I not looking at the right thing? In that last photo, it looks like the right side of the track is missing. And could it be sticking out of the top of that mangled mess?

The right track appears to have been dragged over to the left....which shouldn't be an easy thing to accomplish. I'm also intrigued by what look like large chunks of concrete near the responders (I don't think they're sleepers from the track). And also intrigued by the tree branches on the carriage. I wonder if the train has picked up something in the wheels which has jammed/swept along and caused all of this...?

Are links to the UK Daily Express not permitted? I just posted a link to the Daily Express story and I see the post was deleted???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anchorite
Back