PA - Amtrak train from Washington crashes in Philadelphia, May 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG FOX news reporting 7th death and that according to WSJ train was traveling at 100mph when the turn speed limit is 50 mph.

Also stated conductor not talking.......yikes!

OK...I think I have maybe figured out what happened. You know, because I am an accident investigator and all (/sarcasm)

It looks like the train was coming around the bend on the upper parts of track.

And the locomotive derailed and headed towards the lower parts of track.

The car that got so mangled, hit sideways against one of those tall goal post-type things that go over the entire track. Because the metal sticking out of that mangled car match the 2 that are still standing.

Did y'all follow that at all? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-killing-6-people-investigation-begins.html The 3rd and 4th photo (2nd and 3rd down, as there are 2 photos of the missing woman) is the best view of this.

BBM

oh my, I had to giggle, my friend and I are always saying things like that...exp: doctor, lawyer, etc.

Why would they double the speed???? Waiting for further confirmation.

Why would they double the speed???? Waiting for further confirmation.

Idk, buts it's hella scary

Excessive Speed Probed in Amtrak Train Crash in Philadelphia

At least 7 people dead after train heading from Washington to New York derails

http://www.wsj.com/articles/deadly-train-wreck-in-philadelphia-leaves-disastrous-mess-1431499608

Maybe he fell asleep like the crash in the Bronx last year? The other possibility I don't even want to contemplate. Black box has been recovered, and FOX just stated may have some info for release by "this afternoon."

I use to take the train often from my city into Toronto but that has been years with Go trains etc now. Last year hubby and I decided to do Chicago via train from Detroit. It was a looong ride due to much travel thru residential. Perhaps I should be grateful there was only one stretch it was really rocking! A train did pass us and it was sooo close it freaked me out. A week or so later there was a stabbing on the same train (schedule and destination) Is any travel safe anymore? Hoping we get answers soon.

OMG FOX news reporting 7th death and that according to WSJ train was traveling at 100mph when the turn speed limit is 50 mph.

Also stated conductor not talking.......yikes!

OK...that is truly horrific, if the reports are accurate. I want there to me a much less ominous explanation. You know, like terrorism or something! (Just kidding!)

I guess a stupid misjudgement is better, somehow, than terrorism. Sheesh...there are just no good explanations here!

bettybaby00-when it was reported the Conductor was not talking did it clarify as to if it was a refusal or unable to talk (due to injuries?) TIA

CNN announced a presser coming shortly. I didn't catch the time. Will watch for it.

bettybaby00-when it was reported the Conductor was not talking did it clarify as to if it was a refusal or unable to talk (due to injuries?) TIA

I took it as refusal to speak, but regarding conductor, I've heard conflicting stories.

Last night they said he had minor injuries, and had given a statement.

Now it seems he is being uncooperative *shrugs*

I took as refusal to speak, but regarding conductor, I've heard conflicting stories.

Last night they said he had minor injuries, and had given a statement.

Now it seems he is being uncooperative *shrugs*

I wonder if he has "Lawyered up" assuming reports are accurate

Aren't the railroad employees members of unions and represented by union attorneys?

Per CNN a passenger reports "we rounded that corner a little too fast" Also per CNN there is some info that will be released at upcoming presser

Michigan native missing after Amtrak derailment

Rachel Jacobs last seen on her way to board train

Author: Local 4 - ClickOnDetroit news staff, local4@clickondetroit.com

Published On: 50 m Updated 34 m

ApprenNet CEO Rachel Jacobs has gone missing, according to her company, and may have been on the train that crashed in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

Jacobs is married with a two-year-old son. She was recently appointed as CEO and commuted from her home in New York City to her job in Philadelphia. She is a native of Huntington Woods, Mich., and graduated from Berkley High School. Her mother, Gilda Jacobs, is a former state representative.

ApprenNet cofounder Karl Okamoto, a friend and colleague of Rachel Jacobs, told CNN's David Shortell Wednesday that no one has heard from Jacobs since she "left a meeting with the intent to board the train." ...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan-native-missing-after-amtrak-derailment/32999634

CNN - speed limit around curve is 50 mph, APPARENTLY, the actual speed was more than 100 mph. No source given for that info.

Dear Gawd CNN has just learned train was going 100 plus! Expert says warning bells go off. If not slowed down train should automatically slow down. Expert asking if warnings were shut off!!!!!

It seems the 'expert' George Gavalla is ill prepared to be commenting on TV about this accident. He hasn't seen any pictures or videos of the accident.

Just saw the report of the train going 100 mph around that curve. OMG. Did the engineer fall asleep on the throttle or was he texting? He had just stopped in Philly! WTH??

Being reported on radio that the trains engine has/had a front facing camera. Also that the train is a year old.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missnurse09
Back