Status
Not open for further replies.
NAMUS https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/38570

attachment.php

Attachments

• anna namus.JPG
    anna namus.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 388
I've been reading but don't really have much to add. My gut also says close to home from all the things everyone mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been reading but don't really have much to add. My gut also says close to home from all the things everyone mentioned.

I wonder what the chances are that Anna is only a few yards from the trail around the condo complex and was missed by the searchers? I have see this twice before in my time in SAR.

I wonder what the chances are that Anna is only a few yards from the trail around the condo complex and was missed by the searchers? I have see this twice before in my time in SAR.

I worry that by the time the car was found, what was left of her was thoroughly covered by the rapidly growing vegetation. In early April when I was driving around, the grass and other plants hadn't started growing yet. Everything was fully leafed out when the car was found. We had extremes of weather as well. We had an early hot spell and later a deep snowfall. I have thought a lot lately about this. With the weather conditions and predators, her remains could be extremely difficult to spot.

I'd say the chances are good that she is nearby where her car was located. OR, the opposite direction of her home, about as far.

So why won't PSP allow SAR to research the areas that they have already searched? I do not understand this. Cadets searched the area; but deny experienced trackers the opportunity to research. I asked this before, is it a power thing? Why won't they approve it? Per the Finding Anna page, they have a rescue team ready to go but PSP won't authorize it.

So why won't PSP allow SAR to research the areas that they have already searched? I do not understand this. Cadets searched the area; but deny experienced trackers the opportunity to research. I asked this before, is it a power thing? Why won't they approve it? Per the Finding Anna page, they have a rescue team ready to go but PSP won't authorize it.

the only reason I can think of is egos are coming into play. ��

I'd say the chances are good that she is nearby where her car was located. OR, the opposite direction of her home, about as far.

Just south of where the car was found there is a HUGE area of heavily wooded hillside owned partly by the county and partly by a township. There is a narrow dirt road that runs through it. It would be an easy road upon which to stop and unload under cover of darkness and then park the car at the place where it was found. There are only a couple of houses on the road and it is not used at all by commuter traffic. Look at "Old Valley Road" on google maps.

I checked the weather records and my personal calendar. The big snow was a couple of weeks before her earliest missing date. But we did have quite a bit of rain since the end of March.

the only reason I can think of is egos are coming into play. ��
My view is that the Chester County DA, Hogan, is concerned about presenting a circumstantial case. The Creato trial should have ended in a conviction, but there was no cause of death. Hogan doesn't want to issue an indictment without a cause of death. They may have a body, but no COD due to decomposition. JMO The PSP has to work with Hogan. He HATES to lose.

Being requested not to each is not a law. If people want to walk around public areas, no one can stop them. Why can't a search be planned?

Being requested not to each is not a law. If people want to walk around public areas, no one can stop them. Why can't a search be planned?

I think some of the property in these areas is private and the owners may not want personnel other than police searching. This is moatly conjecture, but I believe I read somewhere (maybe here?) that owners were worried about non-PSP personnel conducting searches on their property.

The terrain in the areas where they originally told the group they wanted to focus is rough and difficult to traverse. Perhaps that's why they called off the search that was being planned by her friends in May. I'm not 100 sure why, however.

My view is that the Chester County DA, Hogan, is concerned about presenting a circumstantial case. The Creato trial should have ended in a conviction, but there was no cause of death. Hogan doesn't want to issue an indictment without a cause of death. They may have a body, but no COD due to decomposition. JMO The PSP has to work with Hogan. He HATES to lose.

Personally, I suspect the PSP doesn't have family in their faces demanding answers & results so this isn't really a priority to them. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Personally, I suspect the PSP doesn't have family in their faces demanding answers & results so this isn't really a priority to them. I'd love to be proven wrong.
I agree. If husband was demanding answers they would be more active. So sad that they are dismissive of her parents' efforts.

I think some of the property in these areas is private and the owners may not want personnel other than police searching. This is moatly conjecture, but I believe I read somewhere (maybe here?) that owners were worried about non-PSP personnel conducting searches on their property.

The terrain in the areas where they originally told the group they wanted to focus is rough and difficult to traverse. Perhaps that's why they called off the search that was being planned by her friends in May. I'm not 100 sure why, however.

Some of the land is private, but there is a great deal more that is owned by the county and the township. Should not be any problem searching there. I think there is a deliberate campaign to suppress and/or delay release of pertinent information while a case is being built.

I would think the priority would be finding Anna over making a case. Having said that, I sure wouldn't want evidence to be lost because a scene was mishandled by non-professionals. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want professional searchers to come in then, at least.

I would think the priority would be finding Anna over making a case. Having said that, I sure wouldn't want evidence to be lost because a scene was mishandled by non-professionals. I'm not sure why they wouldn't want professional searchers to come in then, at least.

Two possible reasons off the top of my head. A) They already know what happened and don't want to discuss the case or tip off the actor(s) until they are ready to drop the hammer. B) They think the Cadets did a good enough search job, even though they are not extensively trained in SAR and the "powers that be" don't want a bunch of "non-professionals" (in their opinion) tromping around what could be a crime scene...plus it would look bad it SAR found remains when they did not. That said, PSP in most cases know a LOT, however they are exceedingly good about not leaking information until they are ready with the search warrants (as in the Holly Grim case).

Two possible reasons off the top of my head. A) They already know what happened and don't want to discuss the case or tip off the actor(s) until they are ready to drop the hammer. B) They think the Cadets did a good enough search job, even though they are not extensively trained in SAR and the "powers that be" don't want a bunch of "non-professionals" (in their opinion) tromping around what could be a crime scene...plus it would look bad it SAR found remains when they did not. That said, PSP in most cases know a LOT, however they are exceedingly good about not leaking information until they are ready with the search warrants (as in the Holly Grim case).
I have a feeling they (PSP) know a lot too. There has been some questionable behavior that raises one's brow.

So far, I've only been able to find evidence that her parents and some coworkers have asked about her or made efforts to find her. A key player is missing form that list. I always find it remarkable, suspicious, and telling when someone isn't being searched for by those they are close to.

I have a feeling they (PSP) know a lot too. There has been some questionable behavior that raises one's brow.

So far, I've only been able to find evidence that her parents and some coworkers have asked about her or made efforts to find her. A key player is missing form that list. I always find it remarkable, suspicious, and telling when someone isn't being searched for by those they are close to.
GigTu, I know what you mean. However, from what I've read so far, "a key player" has been very active in the Facebook group early on. Then my understanding is that there were some insinuations and maybe even direct accusations made in that Facebook group. As a result, almost all comments were deleted. By the time I found out about Anna's disappearance and started reading about this case (around mid-May), Facebook group has already been thoroughly scrubbed. Maybe this is the reason "the key player" has distanced him-/herself from the search effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1