Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think there is so much secrecy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uhhh it's an ongoing/active investigation?

As for it being "discouraging", the only thing I see "discouraging about it is the fact they are discouraging people from spreading false rumors and going off half cocked into the woods searching for her.
GPSAR is & has been on it. To say or imply otherwise is a plain lie.
PSP have to have an amount of "secrecy" so their investigation can proceed & they don't tip their hand to any suspect(s).

I'm trying to catch up on this...did they ever find her car?

Hmmmm First of all, it's funny that we are urged to listen to an interview with the chief of GPSAR to learn about search efforts, when in the interview it was made clear by him that he was not (or they were not) searching because they hadn't been called in to search. He made it very clear he was providing advice and support only. That he was not allowed to search without being called in by LE. So is that not actually the case then? Has he been out searching?

Second, that interview was to talk about Ashley and how she became the spokesperson for a local group also working to find Anna. Amazing Ashley. It's a bit presumptuous to take ownership of a case as if no one else cares but the people in that group, or that that group is all knowing. They are only all knowing with what they know. Other people know OTHER things. They don't own Anna or the investigation, and they aren't "all that" like they think they are.

Third, that interview completely pointed fingers at Anna's husband while trying to be sly and not actually say that. But it was obvious. They should be more careful that they aren't really just trying to make a case against him, while others are actually searching for Anna because they want to find Anna.

We here in WS know what is printed on the internet, spoken on television and radio, or press conferences, etc. We will continue he to theorize and piece things together based on what information is provided. If false information is posted in the media, take it up with the media. If members of WS want to search or take images or theorize, by golly we will.

uhhh it's an ongoing/active investigation?

As for it being "discouraging", the only thing I see "discouraging about it is the fact they are discouraging people from spreading false rumors and going off half cocked into the woods searching for her.
PSP have to have an amount of "secrecy" so their investigation can proceed & they don't tip their hand to any suspect(s).

Why the sarcasm? (Rhetorical. No answer needed.) My last question was genuine and in reference to FA, not PSP. I understand why the LE are secretive. It makes all the sense. But the FA group isn't LE. They're private citizens looking for answers just as many of us are. The only difference is that SOME of FA actually knew Anna.

In too many cases to note, it was family and friends sharing information constantly and keeping the public involved that lead to answers. The fact that this is being so guarded feels odd and counterproductive.

Hmmmm First of all, it's funny that we are urged to listen to an interview with the chief of GPSAR to learn about search efforts, when in the interview it was made clear by him that he was not (or they were not) searching because they hadn't been called in to search. He made it very clear he was providing advice and support only. That he was not allowed to search without being called in by LE. So is that not actually the case then? Has he been out searching?

Second, that interview was to talk about Ashley and how she became the spokesperson for a local group also working to find Anna. Amazing Ashley. It's a bit presumptuous to take ownership of a case as if no one else cares but the people in that group, or that that group is all knowing. They are only all knowing with what they know. Other people know OTHER things. They don't own Anna or the investigation, and they aren't "all that" like they think they are.

Third, that interview completely pointed fingers at Anna's husband while trying to be sly and not actually say that. But it was obvious. They should be more careful that they aren't really just trying to make a case against him, while others are actually searching for Anna because they want to find Anna.

We here in WS know what is printed on the internet, spoken on television and radio, or press conferences, etc. We will continue he to theorize and piece things together based on what information is provided. If false information is posted in the media, take it up with the media. If members of WS want to search or take images or theorize, by golly we will.

All of this!!!

I'm trying to catch up on this...did they ever find her car?
Yes it was found on May 8th based on seeing it in a photo that was taken on April 16th.

See this post.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-April-2017&p=13386610#post13386610

The car was found in Charlestown Meadows.

attachment.php

Based on what is seen in the photo you will see if you follow the link to the post about her car being found I believe the car was parked in this area.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AnnaCar.jpg
    AnnaCar.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 314
  • AnnaCarArrow.jpg
    AnnaCarArrow.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 406
<modsnip>

Any private citizen can walk anywhere they want in areas that are public access and not posted "no trespassing". They can also take pictures to their hearts content as long as there is not a minor in the picture without a release. Many missing people are found every year by hikers, backpackers, hunters and runners. To suggest that a private group has the authority to dictate who can go where and take pictures of what is laughable.

GPSR can only search with the invitation of LE period. They can advise the FA group if they wish, but that is the extent of their involvement. I am a PA State certified search manager just like the head of GPS&R. WS has a copy of my credentials. I know full well what the rules are. If GPS&R has conducted searches, it was by invitation of LE and has not been made public.

Any private citizen can walk anywhere they want in areas that are public access and not posted "no trespassing". They can also take pictures to their hearts content as long as there is not a minor in the picture without a release. Many missing people are found every year by hikers, backpackers, hunters and runners. To suggest that a private group has the authority to dictate who can go where and take pictures of what is laughable.

GPSR can only search with the invitation of LE period. They can advise the FA group if they wish, but that is the extent of their involvement. I am a PA State certified search manager just like the head of GPS&R. WS has a copy of my credentials. I know full well what the rules are. If GPS&R has conducted searches, it was by invitation of LE and has not been made public.
Clearly they have been secretly called in to search, according to the article written on the Find Anna webpage. Which means there's been a lot of lying to cover it up. If someone is caught lying, it's hard to find anything else they've said as credible. What's really going on with this FAFB page? Hmmmmm

Clearly they have been secretly called in to search, according to the article written on the Find Anna webpage. Which means there's been a lot of lying to cover it up. If someone is caught lying, it's hard to find anything else they've said as credible. What's really going on with this FAFB page? Hmmmmm

Comments are also disabled/carefully monitored/deleted. It's sad to see this group may be more about one person's martyrdom/need for accolade and attention than it is about finding Anna.

I hope this thread continues to sleuth to help find Anna despite the obstructions. It's all so sad for her family, especially her child.

Comments are also disabled/carefully monitored/deleted. It's sad to see this group may be more about one person's martyrdom/need for accolade and attention than it is about finding Anna.

I hope this thread continues to sleuth to help find Anna despite the obstructions. It's all so sad for her family, especially her child.
I too don't understand the secrecy. If LE decides to keep certain information related to the case secret, that's one thing. But if some Facebook group claims they know more, but won't tell anybody else, that I don't get.

In this day and age, information is power; more information is better than less. What are they hiding? If LE shared something with them that the rest of the public isn't supposed to know, then why did LE share it in the first place?

I don't understand FAFB group's desire to stop everybody else from discussing and searching. One of their posts that has been deleted claimed they have weekly meetings where they discuss Anna's case among themselves. I don't see any weekly meeting announcements on FAFB page. Why?

I am curious if we are getting too close to something for someones comfort?

I too don't understand the secrecy. If LE decides to keep certain information related to the case secret, that's one thing. But if some Facebook group claims they know more, but won't tell anybody else, that I don't get.

In this day and age, information is power; more information is better than less. What are they hiding? If LE shared something with them that the rest of the public isn't supposed to know, then why did LE share it in the first place?

I don't understand FAFB group's desire to stop everybody else from discussing and searching. One of their posts that has been deleted claimed they have weekly meetings where they discuss Anna's case among themselves. I don't see any weekly meeting announcements on FAFB page. Why?
I highly doubt LE is giving them information. Are they getting inside leaks? Maybe. But not straight from LE. Something is indeed fishy. How sad that some people find the need to "win" greater than the need to help. We all see it, and it's more than one person clawing to be the queen or king of information.

I sincerely hope Anna's family isn't being played like pawns. They seem to be the sweetest people, so far away and helpless. It's heart wrenching. :( The truth is, we've seen people take advantage of hurting family members with psychics, g-fund-me pages, etc here in WS. It seems to happen a lot..

I sincerely hope Anna's family isn't being played like pawns. They seem to be the sweetest people, so far away and helpless. It's heart wrenching. :( The truth is, we've seen people take advantage of hurting family members with psychics, g-fund-me pages, etc here in WS. It seems to happen a lot..

Oh, dear.

Do we know if FA is being run by her friends/stateside family or if this is an outsider taking advantage? I went to the first event and it seemed as though everyone knew her, but maybe I am mistaken. I don't know anything past that first meeting.

Oh, dear.

Do we know if FA is being run by her friends/stateside family or if this is an outsider taking advantage? I went to the first event and it seemed as though everyone knew her, but maybe I am mistaken. I don't know anything past that first meeting
Yes, Anna's coworkers from VOYA are at the core of this FB group. I know these people, worked with them, and I trust their intentions. Ellen Lee in particular is a very good friend of Anna, and Ellen is not the kind of person who would allow anybody to take advantage. I don't know Ashley or her current role in the FAFB group; Ashley is an outsider to VOYA.

The FB page has been scrubbed by the person who started it for fear that Anna's husband will sue for defamation if posters make accusatory statements on the page. I don't think it is likely that such a thing would happen, but there it is.

The state police are handling the case. In my experience, they tend to be much more tight-lipped than local police.

I drove past the house again. There is a car in the driveway today and the trash bin has been put out. First time I have seen any signs of anyone being there.

I also looked at the parking lot where the car was found. It is very deep inside the development. There were cars in about half of the spaces.
-----------------
{{sorry, quote's aren't working for me}}

Luthersmama posted this May 11th. BBM. I wonder if a lawsuit was threatened, or could it be the fear of one? Or was this used just as an excuse for the odd way the group is being handled?

I just found out this a few weeks ago and I'm local to the area. There is so much about this that's weird. Why doesn't that area have a police department?

It's possible that the folks in the FAFB page are frustrated, and continue to be worried. It seems to me they genuinely want to ensure that people don't think they've "moved on" with life and are forgetting Anna. I will also note that in the West Chester area, there are several "still missing" flyers newly posted. I am so glad people continue to focus on this, Anna deserves it.

Media reports say that Anna spoke to her family in Poland on the telephone on March 28. And then her car was spotted in an April photograph? That's a big timeline to fill in, but it's a start.

We can presume that LE is trying to fill in the gaps. We have learned through our searches here in WS that LE doesn't always share info about searches, but that's usually because they suspect it's tied to a crime. Anna's coworkers are her friends, and they probably know her best (other than her mom and family), so they are probably the best source to LE. Certainly at least one of Anna's friends knew her struggles and concerns. They probably also know the places that were important to Anna, and her American family.

What was sentimental to them? What did they dislike? And, where are the landfills? That's where we start to search. Has that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1