Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the hours of looking at this and now the 4 Bucks Co Boys this is what I can tell:

Anna talked to mom March 28th, then texted the 29th, then no further contact other than a "Happy Birthday Dad, I wish you all the best" in Polish sent via text to her father on his birthday, March 30th. Anna never want to work the week of April 3rd. Her car was found May 8th. There are pictures of her car either April 15th or 16th. I think 15th but have to check. From what I can tell the Finding Anna people know her well enough to talk about her struggles and whatever but it seems like she wasn't always depressed like what was originally reported. I think the law enforcement wad heading in the direction of suicide or ran off. Doesn't seem that Anna's friends or family think that at all

Yes it was found on May 8th based on seeing it in a photo that was taken on April 16th.

See this post.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-April-2017&p=13386610#post13386610

The car was found in Charlestown Meadows.

Based on what is seen in the photo you will see if you follow the link to the post about her car being found I believe the car was parked in this area.

attachment.php
Do you know the trails and paths that SAR searched? Would you be able to draw the paths on this map?

I have to ask. I'm not 100% sure. I know where PSP searched originally. It's been researched a few times. Let me see who knows.

Media reports say that Anna spoke to her family in Poland on the telephone on March 28. And then her car was spotted in an April photograph? That's a big timeline to fill in, but it's a start.

We can presume that LE is trying to fill in the gaps. We have learned through our searches here in WS that LE doesn't always share info about searches, but that's usually because they suspect it's tied to a crime. Anna's coworkers are her friends, and they probably know her best (other than her mom and family), so they are probably the best source to LE. Certainly at least one of Anna's friends knew her struggles and concerns. They probably also know the places that were important to Anna, and her American family.

What was sentimental to them? What did they dislike? And, where are the landfills? That's where we start to search. Has that happened?
A lot of garbage from the Philadelphia area (as well as New York City and New Jersey) is shipped to either of two landfills up in the Scranton area (Dunmore and Taylor). The numbers could have changed but the landfill in Dunmore was at one point taking in 17,000 tons of garbage a day and the one in Taylor was taking in 11,000 a day. Lackawanna County (where the landfills are) only generates about 600 tons a day to put it in perspective. This has been going on for some 30-35 years.

A lot of garbage from the Philadelphia area (as well as New York City and New Jersey) is shipped to either of two landfills up in the Scranton area (Dunmore and Taylor). The numbers could have changed but the landfill in Dunmore was at one point taking in 17,000 tons of garbage a day and the one in Taylor was taking in 11,000 a day. Lackawanna County (where the landfills are) only generates about 600 tons a day to put it in perspective. This has been going on for some 30-35 years.

The trash from this part of Chester County mostly goes to the Lanchester landfill, which is relatively local.

The trash from this part of Chester County mostly goes to the Lanchester landfill, which is relatively local.

Correct. The problem with the landfill is that each day's deliveries are covered by a layer of dirt and the next days deliveries are piled on top of that. After this amount of time, I doubt a cadaver dog would be of any use.

Correct. The problem with the landfill is that each day's deliveries are covered by a layer of dirt and the next days deliveries are piled on top of that. After this amount of time, I doubt a cadaver dog would be of any use.

Thanks, Trackergd, for your always thoughtful and informative posts

The landfill question is not quite dead yet, we can try and figure out how many and where dumpsters are located between Anna's home and where the car was located. Also who the contractors are if the dumpsters are marked (and they generally are). Armed with that information, we may be able to determine how many times the dumpsters were picked up during what we have determined to be an accurate time line between when she went missing and when she was reported to be missing. A dumpster is a lazy method of disposing of a body, and it is fraught with risk. The body might not be seen if it is covered, but depending on temperature, a body will emit gasses that are very distinctive and would have completely grossed out anyone coming near it. The driver may have even noticed the smell and thought it was a dead animal. Plenty to sleuth on that scenario.

I am really surprised at the negativity towards the FA group. In some respects, I agree with their non-inclusiveness of the general public & their scrubbing of FB due to 1) it sounds like someone mentioned threat of litigation for defamation, 2) one of the friends was scared to talk on camera (are they being threatened?), 3) not showing their hand to the person or people who may have potentially been involved with Anna's disappearance.
As far as the interview:
The FA latest post mentioned "a SAR group" was called, so it might not have necessarily been GPSAR. Or GPSAR could have been called after the interview.
I agree with the fact that they don't own the case; however, they are probably closest to the case and are more vested in it than any of us.
The interview didn't mention husband, so not sure how it completely pointed fingers at him?

Hmmmm First of all, it's funny that we are urged to listen to an interview with the chief of GPSAR to learn about search efforts, when in the interview it was made clear by him that he was not (or they were not) searching because they hadn't been called in to search. He made it very clear he was providing advice and support only. That he was not allowed to search without being called in by LE. So is that not actually the case then? Has he been out searching?

Second, that interview was to talk about Ashley and how she became the spokesperson for a local group also working to find Anna. Amazing Ashley. It's a bit presumptuous to take ownership of a case as if no one else cares but the people in that group, or that that group is all knowing. They are only all knowing with what they know. Other people know OTHER things. They don't own Anna or the investigation, and they aren't "all that" like they think they are.

Third, that interview completely pointed fingers at Anna's husband while trying to be sly and not actually say that. But it was obvious. They should be more careful that they aren't really just trying to make a case against him, while others are actually searching for Anna because they want to find Anna.

We here in WS know what is printed on the internet, spoken on television and radio, or press conferences, etc. We will continue he to theorize and piece things together based on what information is provided. If false information is posted in the media, take it up with the media. If members of WS want to search or take images or theorize, by golly we will.

The landfill question is not quite dead yet, we can try and figure out how many and where dumpsters are located between Anna's home and where the car was located. Also who the contractors are if the dumpsters are marked (and they generally are). Armed with that information, we may be able to determine how many times the dumpsters were picked up during what we have determined to be an accurate time line between when she went missing and when she was reported to be missing. A dumpster is a lazy method of disposing of a body, and it is fraught with risk. The body might not be seen if it is covered, but depending on temperature, a body will emit gasses that are very distinctive and would have completely grossed out anyone coming near it. The driver may have even noticed the smell and thought it was a dead animal. Plenty to sleuth on that scenario.

The problem is that there was exactly one dumpster between her home and where the car was found. There is a small contractor who has a roll-off container at his house. It is taken away infrequently. There are no other businesses. There were no active construction sites in March/April. I looked all around the immediate area when she was first missing. But once you go a couple miles west over to Route 100, there are dozens if not hundreds of dumpsters at restaurants and other businesses that are emptied frequently.

Well her employer did report her missing on July 11th, that has been confirmed. Her family reported it first the morning of July 11th when they had tried for over a week to get ahold of her and couldn't and when they called the husband on april 8th to ask what the heck was going on, he said to call back in two days. He didn't report her missing until her family flew in from Poland on the 12th and drove him to the station.

The dumpsters were checked. They were cleared. There was one down the street that the owners keep a tight eye on. There was also one placed on Anna's block in mid May but it was well after she disappeared. There's a few people working on mapping areas that were searched. I'll share them when I have them. The group is working on an event for her birthday which is next week and has been flyering at local events.

I just keep wondering about this condo they owned though. Who builds a million dollar plus house and then has a condo across town too that they don't live in or rent out?

And what did they find in that car? Surely there must have been something that indicated something.

Well her employer did report her missing on July 11th, that has been confirmed. Her family reported it first the morning of July 11th when they had tried for over a week to get ahold of her and couldn't and when they called the husband on april 8th to ask what the heck was going on, he said to call back in two days. He didn't report her missing until her family flew in from Poland on the 12th and drove him to the station.

The dumpsters were checked. They were cleared. There was one down the street that the owners keep a tight eye on. There was also one placed on Anna's block in mid May but it was well after she disappeared. There's a few people working on mapping areas that were searched. I'll share them when I have them. The group is working on an event for her birthday which is next week and has been flyering at local events.

I just keep wondering about this condo they owned though. Who builds a million dollar plus house and then has a condo across town too that they don't live in or rent out?

And what did they find in that car? Surely there must have been something that indicated something.

Thanks for the dumpster info Susie. Is it possible she may have been put in a dumpster in the time period before she was reported missing?

Where I am going with this is that the car was found rather close to her home. I am wondering if she is deceased, how much further the actor would have transported her body to dispose of it. If it was something that happened in a few moments and the attempt to cover up was done within a short time of opportunity, it could be close. If she was abducted, it could be anywhere in the country.

It would be awesome if we could get the army of WS posters working on the four missing boys case to come over here when that case is wrapped up.

I put a post in the four missing boys thread inviting them to look at our other PA cases. Hopefully this will bring some fresh eyes to bear. It amazes me how fast a case of that nature can move and come to a resolve when others like this one seem to languish for weeks, months or even years.

There are some real sharp pencils over there that I hope will find us here. :)

I put a post in the four missing boys thread inviting them to look at our other PA cases. Hopefully this will bring some fresh eyes to bear. It amazes me how fast a case of that nature can move and come to a resolve when others like this one seem to languish for weeks, months or even years.

There are some real sharp pencils over there that I hope will find us here. :)

Thanks for that post and encouragement. I've been on/ off WS for a long time but tend to get caught up in the current news cases and/or get discouraged with the older cold cases that I haven't lived in this area long enough to have any ideas about. Going back to the beginning here to learn more.

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. Anna is an actuary and I am assuming has some sort of license. If she were treated for depression or some sort of mental illness, or even committed for a time, is there any way it could affect her licensing or her professional life?

I have a question that I am hoping someone can answer. Anna is an actuary and I am assuming has some sort of license. If she were treated for depression or some sort of mental illness, or even committed for a time, is there any way it could affect her licensing or her professional life?
The short answer is: no. They can't strip you off your hard earned FSA designation just because you're ill. Only if you do something really bad and unprofessional (and even then there's a hearing process, etc.) If you simply stop paying your annual dues, then you are suspended, but again, your don't lose your credentials automatically.

I tend to read along with a lot of these longer cases and do a lot of pondering, but not to post. I've been thinking about how the two main possibilities seem to be either domestic violence or suicide, right?

So, I've thought a lot about the suicide angle, mostly because I have a lot of experience with depression. Things I could imagine happening if she were suicidally depressed: stretches of staying home from work, avoiding family, avoiding using the phone, cancelling trips, struggling to return to work/feeling panic about returning. I could also imagine a spouse who feels betrayed and unwilling to continue searching after a certain point.

This will sound ridiculous, but I can't imagine taking the care to back my car into a spot if I were looking to head into the woods to kill myself. Unless it's how I always parked, unless it were so familiar to me that I could autopilot it in. Why? Because my experience with that level of depression is that everything can be so hard to do. Unless there is an incredibly good reason to do something, it remains undone.

The exception to that is if I were heading into the woods in an upset. (Keep in mind this is all just my imaginings of different scenarios, not a suggestion she did any of these things.) If I were feeling ashamed that I couldn't manage work again, and I wanted to hide away, then I might chose a quiet parking space and back the car in and hike hurriedly away. That's a different type of depression, one more driven by anxiety, when the getting away seems so important. But it also is one where a sudden suicidal impulse is harder to follow through on, unless there is water nearby.

I think that's all I have to add. I can almost see the depression/suicide story through to the end, except for that parking piece. My sense is that that is already the consensus here, so I'm adding nothing new. I think often we see only the tip of the iceberg. We have a few signals that someone is clinically unwell, or that their husband is controlling or violent, or that a marriage has gone very sour. These are all things people often try to hide in their lives, even from friends, so we're left trying to determine from the iceberg tip how deep it might go.

UnderSea, thank you for your insight. It's is very valuable. It's so wonderful that you overcame and are now able to help others with your knowledge. You are an amazing person. Your experiences are a huge asset to WS, so I hope you will look at some other cases here as well and provide your insight on those.

:grouphug:

May I also ask for more info from you about "water"? I'm not sure why that changes anything, and would really appreciate the details of that line of thinking. Thank you.

Thanks, GigTu!

All I meant by water is that it is as easy suicide method, easy meaning not requiring planning. If you just run off into the woods without bringing anything with you, it's harder to figure out how to die. This all sounds terribly grim, and I'm kind of cringing while writing it. The truth is that without a body of water, or bringing tools along, it becomes more difficult to make an impulsive suicide plan, and depression doesn't lend itself to creative problem-solving. If you went into the woods with a plan to die, then you've likely brought everything you need, but that's not the impulsive track. That's the methodical, I know I can't go any further and I know what I'm going to do track.

One other thought is that going away to die, especially if you have children in the house, can be a way of trying to spare them finding you. That doesn't mean you want no one to be able to find you. Again, hiding the license plate by backing in wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member