Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember anything about a meeting in Philadelphia. She logged in to her work computer on 3/26.
Meeting in Philly on 3/26 - I saw that in one of the posts, and I remember making a mental note of it because it was a new and different piece of info.

Logging into her work computer -- means she could've worked from home.

Yes it was found on May 8th based on seeing it in a photo that was taken on April 16th.

See this post.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-April-2017&p=13386610#post13386610

The car was found in Charlestown Meadows.

attachment.php

Based on what is seen in the photo you will see if you follow the link to the post about her car being found I believe the car was parked in this area.

attachment.php

thank u

Just putting some excerpts from articles here for more detail/ reference.

From a translation somebody posted on FB for this article (better than the linked Google translation): https://translate.google.com/transl...ia-zaginionej-polki-z-pensylwanii_991928.html

Anna together with her son planned a trip to Poland for her father’s 80th birthday, which was on March 30th. Three days earlier on March 27th she called us with this information that she will arrive in Poland in four days. On March 28th she sent a text message which said: “Mommy, something came up at work and we will arrive on Thursday, but we will stay the weekend (returning on Monday). Kisses, Anna” and in the evening she called and stated the same. I suggested that we postpone the birthday celebrations until Easter. She said she will discuss this in the evening with her husband, Allen. On Wednesday March 29th we were not in contact with Anna the whole day and only when we sent a text message with a question if she is coming to Poland, she replied with “I’m sorry I cannot come, kisses Anna” – said Janina, Anna’s mother.

She added that on March 30th, on her father’s birthday, Anna didn’t call him with birthday wishes but sent a text message. Her father was very disappointed and offended by the fact that she didn’t call. “It’s really not like her” said Janina. Her parents also add that since then none of Anna’s friends or family have spoken to her.

Anna allegedly fell ill and sent a text message to her work that she will take the week of April 3rd off. On April 10th she never made it in to work and she didn’t return home that evening. Her family from Poland reported her missing on April 10th to the police in Philadelphia PA.

There's a letter from Anna's friends that does state: "Last time we had a contact with her, was on March 29th via Instagram." That is repeated in a Polish news article (Google translated): "Since March 29, [she] have not contacted her two friends from Poland, with whom she exchanged text messages almost every day." https://translate.googleusercontent...-polki&usg=ALkJrhhYTFULx0FGEwFt8nCPJv97OzdwkA

I couldn't find the reference about the Instagram conversation being before then, though I swear I saw that in a comment on FB. I'd be curious to know more about that Instagram conversation and if it was in Polish and what she said, as well as what time of day it was.

Updated a bit:

General notes about Anna:
- mother to 4 year old son
- married, husband is an actuary
- from Poland, came to US approximately 20 years ago, family lives in Poland
- planned trip to Poland for father's 80th birthday
- medication dependence mentioned in info sheets (possibly for depression per Dateline interview with family)
- condo from pre-marriage had dried mud on the floor (condo used as storage, husband took trash out weekly until mid-April per neighbors)
- passport and phone left at home
- husband communicating with police through attorney

Timeline:

Friday 3/24: last ESL class taught

Week 1:
Sunday 3/26: last seen in public (this is possibly the day coworkers saw her at the restaurant, if it was in fact a week before originally described); also logged into work computer on this day (unclear if she was physically at work or not)
Monday 3/27: took full week off work (reason unclear); spoke to parents via phone confirming trip to Poland for father's birthday
Tuesday 3/28: spoke to parents via phone
Wednesday 3/29: friends in Poland last spoke to her via Instagram; abruptly cancelled planned trip to Poland via text message, citing work emergency (even though off work)
Thursday 3/30: text to father (day of his birthday), unlike her not to call per family
Friday 3/31: -
Saturday 4/1: -

Week 2:
Sunday 4/2: possibly last seen by coworkers (unconfirmed - coworker said they saw her at restaurant with family, however other coworkers think it may have been a week earlier which would make it 3/26)
Monday 4/3: out "sick" from work entire week - called out sick via text message
Tuesday 4/4: -
Wednesday 4/5: -
Thursday 4/6: -
Friday 4/7: -
Saturday 4/8: -

Week 3:
Sunday 4/9: mother talked to husband via phone, he said to call back on Monday 4/10
Monday 4/10: husband said she left for work around 9:45am "in a panic"
Tuesday 4/11: parents and employer made missing persons reports with police
Wednesday 4/12: husband reported missing
Thursday 4/13: -
Friday 4/14: -
Saturday 4/15: -

Week 4:
Sunday 4/16: photo of her car in parking space (unidentified at that time)

Later:
Monday 5/8: car found near wooded area with walking trails, backed into parking (license plate not visible)
Monday 5/15: car confirmed found by police

I haven't yet found any confirmation of the possible meeting in Philly with a co-worker.

Meeting in Philly on 3/26 - I saw that in one of the posts, and I remember making a mental note of it because it was a new and different piece of info.

Logging into her work computer -- means she could've worked from home.
This is the first I've seen this info too. Was it a work meeting? Skype?

Updated a bit:

General notes about Anna:
- mother to 4 year old son
- married, husband is an actuary
- from Poland, came to US approximately 20 years ago, family lives in Poland
- planned trip to Poland for father's 80th birthday
- medication dependence mentioned in info sheets (possibly for depression per Dateline interview with family)
- condo from pre-marriage had dried mud on the floor (condo used as storage, husband took trash out weekly until mid-April per neighbors)
- passport and phone left at home
- husband communicating with police through attorney
I know Anna is an actuary. Is her husband also an actuary?

This is the first I've seen this info too. Was it a work meeting? Skype?
I believe I saw this information in the current thread, but it appeared only once. As I recall, the meeting was:
* in Philly (FYI: 30 miles from where Anna lived and worked)
* in a restaurant (lunch? dinner? Which restaurant?)
* with a co-worker (current or former? Who is this person?)

Again, I only saw this once, so it is quite possible that this info may be incorrect. However, what caught my eye was that it was in Philly, and the restaurant date was specifically with a co-worker. (As opposed to being seen by a co-worker in Paoli with her son and husband.)

If this information turns out to be correct, then it would be a completely different restaurant sighting from the one in Paoli.

UPD. It's possible that I heard this in the radio program with Mark and Ashley -- please see the link in FAFB page.

UPD 2. Ptandj, please double check, but I recall that Anna's mom spoke to her husband on Saturday, 4/8. He told her to call back in two days, which would be Monday, 4/10, the day Anna failed to show up for work.

I believe I saw this information in the current thread, but it appeared only once. As I recall, the meeting was:
* in Philly (FYI: 30 miles from where Anna lived and worked)
* in a restaurant (lunch? dinner? Which restaurant?)
* with a co-worker (current or former? Who is this person?)

Again, I only saw this once, so it is quite possible that this info may be incorrect. However, what caught my eye was that it was in Philly, and the restaurant date was specifically with a co-worker. (As opposed to being seen by a co-worker in Paoli with her son and husband.)

If this information turns out to be correct, then it would be a completely different restaurant sighting from the one in Paoli.

UPD. It's possible that I heard this in the radio program with Mark and Ashley -- please see the link in FAFB page.

UPD 2. Ptandj, please double check, but I recall that Anna's mom spoke to her husband on Saturday, 4/8. He told her to call back in two days, which would be Monday, 4/10, the day Anna failed to show up for work.

You are right, the conversation between mother and husband was on Saturday. I haven't listened to the radio program yet (I really hate listening to things and much prefer reading them), but will update the date of that conversation after checking in the interview since I can't edit the post anymore. I may not be able to do that until tonight or even tomorrow as I've got other stuff going on today. If someone else wants to listen and verify, that would be great too :)

Week 1
Monday 3/27: took full week off work (reason unclear); spoke to parents via phone confirming trip to Poland for father's birthday

Week 2
Monday 4/3: out "sick" from work entire week - called out sick via text message

I find it highly suspect to take a week off sick directly after taking a week for vacation, and only through a text message with no phone call in to confirm the text message was seen and HR records were updated. In most jobs I have worked, this is a big no-no without a doctors excuse. This is one of the focus points for me.

I feel pretty strongly Anna went missing in a very tight window of opportunity. In the Holly Grim case, those close to her were under the microscope both initially by LE and our sleuths here. It turned out to be a co-worker. Just a word of caution...if you get too focused on one or two individuals, even if not named POI's, you inadvertently miss potential actors. The Voya group appear to be tight knit, but then again so did the Allen Organ group.

I find it highly suspect to take a week off sick directly after taking a week for vacation, and only through a text message with no phone call in to confirm the text message was seen and HR records were updated. In most jobs I have worked, this is a big no-no without a doctors excuse. This is one of the focus points for me.
Yes, I remember the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this: is it possible that Anna's position at Voya was being eliminated? That would explain many things:
* "something came up at work"
* not showing up in the office for two weeks in a row (trying to use up remaining vacation days, plus who cares if she's there or not?)
* Using SMS only to call in sick (again, it doesn't matter anymore)
* possible depression/suicidal tendencies
* cancelling trip to Poland (money becomes an issue all of a sudden)

Please note, this is only my theory and my gut feeling. I have no facts to back it up.

I haven't posted anything yet but I've reading this thread for a while now. To settle one fact: I am Anna's former co-worker (I live in a different city now), personally saw Anna, her husband and their kid on March 26 in an Old City Philadelphia restaurant for about 1:30 - 2 hours for lunch ending at around 3:30. The police know about all the facts.

I haven't posted anything yet but I've reading this thread for a while now. To settle one fact: I am Anna's former co-worker (I live in a different city now), personally saw Anna, her husband and their kid on March 26 in an Old City Philadelphia restaurant for about 1:30 - 2 hours for lunch ending at around 3:30. The police know about all the facts.

ActuaryDK,

Thank you very much, and welcome to the forum!

You were probably the last one outside of Anna's immediate family who saw her in person! Was there anything unusual? Anything at all???

Ok, so now we need to figure out whether the Paoli restaurant encounter with Anna and her family on 4/2 really happened or not.

I thought I'd share this with the group (I mentioned this to the police, too). When we meet, one of our standing topics is travel. I shared mine this time but at no point did she even hint that she was planning to go to Poland. Of course, we talked about other things (depression was one, which she mentioned as a thing she'd overcome by then), so it is possible it slipped her mind but given that the trip was being planned the same week, I find it unlikely that she'd omit this detail. The husband and the kid arrived late to the lunch, so even if Anna didn't want to talk about the trip in front of her husband, she could have talked about it before he arrived. Not sure what to make of it but this is not insignificant to me.

Thank you for your insight, DK. Please become a verified insider so your posts aren't removed. You still remain anonymous to us, only a mod will need to verify you, and they are very discreet.

So, we know she saw her coworker (DK) on 3/26, did not mention her trip, ran to the office to tie up loose ends, texted and spoke to her parents on 3/28. Everything after 3/28 is text only. So I think it's safe to say whatever occurred happened that night while the boy was sleeping.

<modsnip>

Thank you for your insight, DK. Please become a verified insider so your posts aren't removed. You still remain anonymous to us, only a mod will need to verify you, and they are very discreet.

So, we know she saw her coworker (DK) on 3/26, did not mention her trip, ran to the office to tie up loose ends, texted and spoke to her parents on 3/28. Everything after 3/28 is text only. So I think it's safe to say whatever occurred happened that night while the boy was sleeping.

The exception is that she spoke to friends on Instagram on 3/29, which if it was in Polish I would expect was actually her. I'm not sure if we will be able to verify that or not.

This additional information from DK is super interesting as well, and combined with the reminder from trackergd makes me second guess some of my assumptions.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether only her husband had access to her phone (it was left at home, as I recall) AND whether the text messages could have been iMessages vs SMS text messages. It's possible to send iMessages from a variety of devices, not just a phone (I send them from my computer all the time and I don't think it's possible for the recipient to tell the difference).

I thought I'd share this with the group (I mentioned this to the police, too). When we meet, one of our standing topics is travel. I shared mine this time but at no point did she even hint that she was planning to go to Poland. Of course, we talked about other things (depression was one, which she mentioned as a thing she'd overcome by then), so it is possible it slipped her mind but given that the trip was being planned the same week, I find it unlikely that she'd omit this detail. The husband and the kid arrived late to the lunch, so even if Anna didn't want to talk about the trip in front of her husband, she could have talked about it before he arrived. Not sure what to make of it but this is not insignificant to me.

Wow, this is really fascinating. Please do become verified, as GigTu mentioned!

I would assume that police have verified whether any tickets were actually purchased for a trip to Poland. Not that purchasing the tickets actually necessarily means anything, but it would be another data point...

This makes me more inclined to think that it's possible she had plans to go someplace else and was using the trip to Poland as a cover for wherever she actually planned to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1