Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That link seems broken. Do you mean this one? http://mailchi.mp/6b86411fb728/update-07252017

We were blessed with a visit from Anna's sister, Magda and Brother in Law, Leszak the past few days. They were here from Poland to meet with the Pennsylvania State Police and to attempt a visit with Anna's son, Andrew.

Thankfully, they had a rather successful meeting with the police and they were able to provide and gather some valuable information. Last night we were able to have a dinner for Leszak and Magda and spend the evening with them. After they left, Leszak and Magda went to Anna's house to attempt a visit with Anna's son. They traveled here with gifts from Anna's Mom, Janina for Andrew's birthday. Thankfully they were able to briefly see him and give him the gifts. Unfortunately, Leszak and Magda were not given any information about Anna while they were at Anna's house.

Just checking in... Hoping for news soon.

Two HUGE red flags from one of the links at the bottom of the article: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...a-Bronislawa-Maciejewska-Gould-435666293.html
... she abruptly canceled a scheduled trip to her native Poland. The trip is an annual tradition for Maciejewska-Gould who planned on bringing her 4-year-old son with her to visit her father on his 80th birthday, according to her nephew. The family members also said Maciejewska-Gould called out of work the week of April 3, which was unusual for her.
What was happening in Anna's life from... say... March 1 - March 26?

Was hoping that we would have heard something about the computers by now. :dunno:

I find it interesting that Anna's parents have no place to stay while they are here to visit and search for her, considering the home she shared with her husband is not small, plus they own a condo that is supposedly unoccupied.

It is also interesting about the need to raise money to continue the search for her.

Please do not misinterpret this post. It is not meant to criticize or point a finger at those trying to find Anna. It is meant to point a finger at one specific person who is curiously not even involved enough in this process to make a public plea for Anna and her safety.

This situation infuriates me!

I find it interesting that Anna's parents have no place to stay while they are here to visit and search for her, considering the home she shared with her husband is not small, plus they own a condo that is supposedly unoccupied.

It is also interesting about the need to raise money to continue the search for her.

Please do not misinterpret this post. It is not meant to criticize or point a finger at those trying to find Anna. It is meant to point a finger at one specific person who is curiously not even involved enough in this process to make a public plea for Anna and her safety.

Well said!! Couldn't agree more!!

I hadn't thought about where they were staying, but you bring up a VERY good point. Also, since both Anna and her husband are actuaries, you'd think he'd 1) puts up the $$ to find his wife, and/or 2) be take one heading up the if they didn't have fluid cash available.

SKETCHY!

Without prejudice, I am struggling with a concept here. The fundraiser and donations are to defray the costs of searching, yet no official active search operation is in progress that we know of or has been made public. I know SAR cannot search without an official request from LE or a township official due to liability insurance coverage and jurisdiction. Is there an unofficial private search operation in progress, or has LE engaged a SAR team or LE assets and has it under wraps? It's got to be one or the other. Anna's parents are here to search for her according to the statement. There appears to be conflicts in the released statements and comments posted here. Only other thing I can think of is that there is a PI involved and it is to cover his fees. That's not so much a search as it is a private investigation. Semantics perhaps? It's just really curious.

Without prejudice, I am struggling with a concept here. The fundraiser and donations are to defray the costs of searching, yet no official active search operation is in progress that we know of or has been made public. I know SAR cannot search without an official request from LE or a township official due to liability insurance coverage and jurisdiction. Is there an unofficial private search operation in progress, or has LE engaged a SAR team or LE assets and has it under wraps? It's got to be one or the other. Anna's parents are here to search for her according to the statement. There appears to be conflicts in the released statements and comments posted here. Only other thing I can think of is that there is a PI involved and it is to cover his fees. That's not so much a search as it is a private investigation. Semantics perhaps? It's just really curious.
In the audio interview between the SAR guy and Ashley, he made it clear he was only advising them and not involved in any searches. He was clear that he could not help unless LE asked them to come in.

Later in the Ashely write up, she distinctly pointed out that that same guy was heading up searches.

I think they are searching but not talking.

As as far as goes, with ANY campaign a person is donating at their own risk. There's no way to know which ones are honest, how the $$ really gets spent, etc. If one donates, just kiss the cash goodbye and move on. JMO

My impression is that it's the semantics - they may be using "search" to mean looking for her more broadly/ following up leads/ pushing LE to keep moving on the case/ a private investigation.

I think funds are also being raised for things like flyers, etc., as well as helping to cover travel expenses for Anna's parents. Her sister and brother-in-jaw were just here as well, although I saw no mention of cover expenses for them.

I just find it very curious that no "family" member is offering a place to stay.

I have seen no mention of any PI involvement anywhere.

In my opinion, the should be reworded to include the list of items posted above to avoid any and all questioning of how donation money is spent. This case is not new to a few regular readers, but a new person to the case might wonder why there is even a when two long-time actuaries surely had a beefy income and the husband should be spending his very last penny to find his wife. You see?

Again, even if a saint or Jesus himself set up a , donators do so at their own risk. As is true with all things Websleuths, we are each at liberty to believe or not believe what we read. It is a choice. At the same time, no one anywhere is required to be transparent or forthcoming with sensitive information on this case, but explaining things stops unnecessary probing and stops wasting people's valuable time. Especially the volunteers working on Find-Anna.

I think it's fair to say that we are all on the same page. Priority #1 is to find Anna. After that, find out who did what, etc etc etc. I am 100% supportive of those efforts. But I'm not going to stop getting sidelined with these unnecessary probes until the answers are obvious and questions aren't forced to be raised. imo

A couple of things to note: 1) Anna can legally go missing of her own free will without informing anyone. 2) If she chose to seek medial assistance and check herself into a facility, the facility would be bound under HIPAA laws not to divulge she was receiving treatment, even to family if so instructed.

While family, friends, co-workers and even possible paramour(s) are all targets of speculation when someone goes missing, there are as many legitimate reasons. Pointing fingers this early on without LE indicating investigative direction or POI is a slippery slope.

I am still catching up on this case......the thing that bothers me most is that she texted her mom and dad and did not call them personally. ......not looking good.

Who called her out of work sick the week of April 3rd ?

If it wasn't her".........that should be " probable cause " in my eyes. Sad.

I am still catching up on this case......the thing that bothers me most is that she texted her mom and dad and did not call them personally. ......not looking good.

Who called her out of work sick the week of April 3rd ?

If it wasn't her".........that should be " probable cause " in my eyes. Sad.
If I recall, she worked March 26 in preparation to take a few days off to go to Poland. Her trip, however, was suddenly cancelled via text message. And she texted to say she would be out sick the following week? Then just didn't show up on her first day due back.

2 days later, after her coworkers and parents each reported her missing, LE showed up at her house. At that time, her husband also then reported her missing saying she left 2 days earlier in a panic. It's pretty odd that he wasn't concerned that she never called or came home after that. Pretty darn odd. [insert eye roll here]

I came into this case late, however, have now read every post.

Something immediately jumps out at me. The timing is off from what her husband is saying about when he was called and told she didn't come to work.
From reading everything, my feeling is she was gone, like disappeared, days before the day she missed work.

It smells fishy. Has LE tracked down her husband's alibi for the cancellation of trip to Poland, the days or week she suddenly took off work? He needs to be thoroughly investigated and then this mystery will start going together.

Were there marriage problems to begin with? When she decided to take the little boy to Poland for Grandfather's birthday, could this be what set off the fireworks? If there were marriage problems and divorce was being mentioned, I can see where he could come unglued in not wanting her to take their son out of the country.

Perhaps a discussion turned into an heated argument, and tempers flared too much. Just a speculation as to what may have happened and the timing is way off. If she was buying tickets to fly to Poland for this special birthday, I cannot imagine her not even calling her dad on his birthday. That is a big red flag to me!

My opinions only.

I came into this case late, however, have now read every post.

Something immediately jumps out at me. The timing is off from what her husband is saying about when he was called and told she didn't come to work.
From reading everything, my feeling is she was gone, like disappeared, days before the day she missed work.

It smells fishy. Has LE tracked down her husband's alibi for the cancellation of trip to Poland, the days or week she suddenly took off work? He needs to be thoroughly investigated and then this mystery will start going together.

Were there marriage problems to begin with? When she decided to take the little boy to Poland for Grandfather's birthday, could this be what set off the fireworks? If there were marriage problems and divorce was being mentioned, I can see where he could come unglued in not wanting her to take their son out of the country.

Perhaps a discussion turned into an heated argument, and tempers flared too much. Just a speculation as to what may have happened and the timing is way off. If she was buying tickets to fly to Poland for this special birthday, I cannot imagine her not even calling her dad on his birthday. That is a big red flag to me!

My opinions only.
I am new to this case as well. Jmo but i think maybe he thought she wouldn't come back from Poland jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just wondering if there is still anything going on in this case..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeganGarner