Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's a wolf in sheep's clothing among us. jmo

Well, I sure hope you don't suspect me! I have been on here on and off since 2003. I have been banned a couple of times, did tours of duty on alternate sites that popped up and have come back. Those of us who are local are starting to think about how to focus attention on Anna again in a BIG way in March. The anniversary is going to be important (although it would be better if there is a break before then). Stay tuned.

Well, I sure hope you don't suspect me! I have been on here on and off since 2003. I have been banned a couple of times, did tours of duty on alternate sites that popped up and have come back. Those of us who are local are starting to think about how to focus attention on Anna again in a BIG way in March. The anniversary is going to be important (although it would be better if there is a break before then). Stay tuned.

I hope the activities planned for the anniversary of Anna’s disappearance brings some sort of a break. I feel so terrible for the people who love her.

Yes, there has been a huge effort to get more people who knew her to help. I have actually been shocked by some reactions (I won’t go into detail here).
Understandably, the police don’t want people going off on the woods searching, risking injury, someone getting lost, etc. the only reason the recent searches were sanctioned by police is because we pushed and pushed.
Although much cannot be disclosed (for obvious reasons) don’t think we are sitting back or have given up.

I have been following this case from very early on and in light of the most recent discussion I have a question regarding the FA group.
On the 01/11 FB post it says:
“Anyone in the websleuth community who’d like to lead searches and thinks the have a better way of doing things is welcome to come to our next meeting tomorrow night.”
You write here that you have been having a really hard time recruiting people who know Anna personally and additional people in general; however based on the FA post you have meetings which you don’t announce publicly.
How are new people supposed to help if they are not aware of these meetings? Are they secret? Only for an elite group?
It seems that the only things that get announced are fundraisers and searches when “outsiders” are actually needed.

Ok, so I've been hanging around this thread for a little while now as I've been on and off following Anna's case since she disappeared, but honestly, I've been hesitant to join this thread. But hey, here I am.

I've missed so much, could someone please catch me up on a couple things... What is the situation with Anna's husband? And is her son in his care? Sorry, these things have passed me by.

We don't know anything about Anna's husband and son. They are considered victims and we are a victim friendly site so we have been unable to probe or deeply discuss them here within the Websleuth's forum.

No, not a all.

I hope something breaks in this case too. It hurts my heart that there really is a way to get away with hiding a body, and Anna may never be found.

I do know for a fact that help HAS been offered multiple times by several different people, and it has been blatantly ignored...so I don't want to hear about "people who aren't willing to lift a finger." MANY people have been willing and have asked to help, but have been excluded like it's a high school clique. It's ridiculous and disheartening to say the least.

Respectfully snipped for space

I have personally expended quite a few hours searching in public access areas and posted pictures to document these areas and give WS members an "on the ground" frame of reference and the general woodland conditions in the area. For my efforts I was threatened with legal action which was laughable. Those threats don't exactly entice me to work with the group that made them.

We don't know anything about Anna's husband and son. They are considered victims and we are a victim friendly site so we have been unable to probe or deeply discuss them here within the Websleuth's forum.

Thanks...

I have personally expended quite a few hours searching in public access areas and posted pictures to document these areas and give WS members an "on the ground" frame of reference and the general woodland conditions in the area. For my efforts I was threatened with legal action which was laughable. Those threats don't exactly entice me to work with the group that made them.

I wonder what kind of legal action could be taken, anyway, unless it would be by a private property owner-upon which I’m sure you haven’t trespassed. It is, as you said, laughable

That’s very disheartening...I would love to know the reason.
I think it’s been asked here before but is there a map with specific areas which were searched marked?
I also wonder if the area where the car was found was really thoroughly searched. I say this because there could be 2 scenarios. Either the car was dropped off immediately after Anna’s death (yes I am assuming she died and someone helped her in doing so) or it could have been dropped off weeks later (if let’s say she died at the end of March). Now if the latter was the case it may have been dropped off close to the body due to the person feeling guilty and suddenly wanting her to be found. I’m just theorizing here but I think it might have been dropped off due to the fact that Anna’s mother was coming to the US in mid April.

I doubt the person wants Anna to be found. And I doubt Anna is anywhere near where that car was dumped. I suspect she was incapacitated while being transported in her own car to her final destination, then killed and buried wherever that place is. The car was close enough to hike back to her residence, although it's also possible the perp received a ride.

And where was her little 4 year old boy for all of this?

And where was her little 4 year old boy for all of this?

I am wondering about that too. This leads me to think that unless more than 1 person was involved in her disappearance, Anna is close to her house and place where car was found.

Wasn't her son in daycare? That could give someone many hours to do something alone. MOO

In my gut, it seems that this type of car dumping would occur under the cover of darkness.

Wasn't her son in daycare? That could give someone many hours to do something alone. MOO

Your post got me thinking. I wonder if there was any impromptu babysitting requests (or even play dates) made during the late March to early April timeframe. Perhaps extended family members, who may not be willing to accept any nefarious connection with the timing of Anna's disappearance? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my gut, it seems that this type of car dumping would occur under the cover of darkness.
Law enforcement should have been able to determine from the computer system in her car where the car was started and when and then where it ended up (which we know) and when. If that is inconsistent with the time and/or date Anna allegedly went missing, which I suspect, then LE should have a good starting point in their investigation. Also, the computer system in the car should have records of the previous times and locations that will tell them where the car was and when, going back in time. Along with phone records and the locations associated with those records LE should be able to piece together Anna's activities and where and when those occurred in the days, weeks, and even months prior.

Your post got me thinking. I wonder if there was any impromptu babysitting requests (or even play dates) made during the late March to early April timeframe. Perhaps extended family members, who may not be willing to accept any nefarious connection with the timing of Anna's disappearance? Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has been said that her husband worked from a home office. That could mean that daycare and/or sitters was an occasional thing but we haven't been told of what kind of arrangement was in place. I would guess that one of her friends or possibly a co-worker would have insight but I haven't seen any information offered about this topic.

Law enforcement should have been able to determine from the computer system in her car where the car was started and when and then where it ended up (which we know) and when. If that is inconsistent with the time and/or date Anna allegedly went missing, which I suspect, then LE should have a good starting point in their investigation. Also, the computer system in the car should have records of the previous times and locations that will tell them where the car was and when, going back in time. Along with phone records and the locations associated with those records LE should be able to piece together Anna's activities and where and when those occurred in the days, weeks, and even months prior.

Is this true for every car? Would Anna’s model have this option?

Is this true for every car? Would Anna’s model have this option?
It is not true for every car especially older ones that don't have computers in the front console. However, every car that does have such computer systems in the front dash all have this capability. Because such systems also come with OnStar or similar services and turn-by-turn direction services built-in. Almost every vehicle with such systems and especially higher end makes and models have a GPS receiver in them.

GPS is a passive system. So having a receiver allows the computer system to obtain its location. You don't have to actively enable something or install something to do so. The computer systems on such cars keep records of position and such whether you subscribe to any ONStar or similar or use or purchase the on-board navigation system. Generally speaking those services are in the vehicle regardless of whether you pay for them or not. They are just not enabled for a user (driver, passenger) to see/use them. However, the back-end system of that still collects location anyway.

The system also collects when the system came on (car started) when it stopped (car off) and other events about the car. The hard drive in the console boots up. It has an operating system on it that logs events. It interacts with other computer components of the car. Any car that has a computer in the console does this. All of that information is recoverable unless the hard drive was destroyed.

Also, if bluetooth was used via the console computer for hands-free cell phone use and such the records of calls or texts received or made will also be on that computer. The actual texts may be there and some portions of audio files (containing voice of phone calls) may be present. Any phone within range of that bluetooth that connected to the console computer will have a record that can be found. One of the best ways to nab a sophisticated cheating spouse (deletes everything or uses a burner phone) is to create a situation where the suspected cheating spouse has to swap vehicles with the non-cheating spouse. Their phone will almost always (unless they are even more savvy than normal) find the bluetooth and try to connect giving up the identity of the phone.

This is in addition to the other computer systems on a car like Anna's, that record such things that can be recovered in an accident.

It is not true for every car especially older ones that don't have computers in the front console. However, every car that does have such computer systems in the front dash all have this capability. Because such systems also come with OnStar or similar services and turn-by-turn direction services built-in. Almost every vehicle with such systems and especially higher end makes and models have a GPS receiver in them.

GPS is a passive system. So having a receiver allows the computer system to obtain its location. You don't have to actively enable something or install something to do so. The computer systems on such cars keep records of position and such whether you subscribe to any ONStar or similar or use or purchase the on-board navigation system. Generally speaking those services are in the vehicle regardless of whether you pay for them or not. They are just not enabled for a user (driver, passenger) to see/use them. However, the back-end system of that still collects location anyway.

The system also collects when the system came on (car started) when it stopped (car off) and other events about the car. The hard drive in the console boots up. It has an operating system on it that logs events. It interacts with other computer components of the car. Any car that has a computer in the console does this. All of that information is recoverable unless the hard drive was destroyed.

Also, if bluetooth was used via the console computer for hands-free cell phone use and such the records of calls or texts received or made will also be on that computer. The actual texts may be there and some portions of audio files (containing voice of phone calls) may be present. Any phone within range of that bluetooth that connected to the console computer will have a record that can be found. One of the best ways to nab a sophisticated cheating spouse (deletes everything or uses a burner phone) is to create a situation where the suspected cheating spouse has to swap vehicles with the non-cheating spouse. Their phone will almost always (unless they are even more savvy than normal) find the bluetooth and try to connect giving up the identity of the phone.

This is in addition to the other computer systems on a car like Anna's, that record such things that can be recovered in an accident.

Based on the above and potential cell phone records, it would appear to me that LE probably already has a good idea of Anna's movements prior to and during the day she went missing. I also read up thread that LE had requested no additional searches. Putting two and two together one would make a reasonable assumption that there is a reason that additional searches are not needed at this time. I am always a bit curious when LE says one thing and groups operating on their own say something else and wonder what level of communication occurs between the two. Also curious who is assuming liability when a chartered SAR team is involved in a non-LE sanctioned search. I do understand that those involved feel the need to "do something". As an example, in the Holly Grim case, LE knew pretty quickly many of the details of the case and had a suspect. That information was not released to the public or the FH group (which for the most part were really great folks). There were some searches that were carried out, one under a national search organization that devolved into a real mess with lawsuits threatened. LE was only waiting for that one bit of information they needed to pounce, and it took quite a while. I suspect the same is true in this case based on what I am seeing and not seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1