Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the above and potential cell phone records, it would appear to me that LE probably already has a good idea of Anna's movements prior to and during the day she went missing. I also read up thread that LE had requested no additional searches. Putting two and two together one would make a reasonable assumption that there is a reason that additional searches are not needed at this time. I am always a bit curious when LE says one thing and groups operating on their own say something else and wonder what level of communication occurs between the two. Also curious who is assuming liability when a chartered SAR team is involved in a non-LE sanctioned search. I do understand that those involved feel the need to "do something". As an example, in the Holly Grim case, LE knew pretty quickly many of the details of the case and had a suspect. That information was not released to the public or the FH group (which for the most part were really great folks). There were some searches that were carried out, one under a national search organization that devolved into a real mess with lawsuits threatened. LE was only waiting for that one bit of information they needed to pounce, and it took quite a while. I suspect the same is true in this case based on what I am seeing and not seeing.
Generally speaking there is really nothing to stop people from searching. The basics are that you don't bring 50 or 100 people with the intent of running a search line doing grid searches across someone's property or all walking up a road. What you do instead is have people walk along road - public right of way in PA extends 28 feet from the center of the road - in pairs, and better yet walk a dog with you. Almost no one would notice anything but two people walking a dog. Unless posted you could go a bit onto the property without much hassle and it is pretty much true even if posted (the dog got away is a good excuse if you encounter a hassle which is why you might take a dog).

As you mentioned earlier, the same obstacles such as dense undergrowth or even things like steep inclines and such that make searching difficult almost always preclude someone ditching a body from also going through such areas as it would be even harder for them to do so. The harder the terrain is to navigate the less likely you will find Anna there.

So, my expectation is that Anna is less 100 feet (and likely less than 50 feet)) from either a road, a path, or a stream. The area will be wooded but not densely and will also not be uphill especially on a steep incline. Also, I expect she is along a road that is less traveled even in the daytime. This is why such things as a pair of walkers covering a mile of road and the area along at a time it is an effective way to have a search without having a large entourage out and about drawing unwanted attention. Having binoculars would allow you to cover more area. Using just this technique over all of the elapsed time since she disappeared or at least since her car was found (increasing the likelihood she is hidden somewhere) would have covered a lot of ground in the immediate vicinity of just about every road in the area of where she lived or her car was found.

I am highly certain that LE has a good idea of Anna's movements and at the very least when her car was last started and then shut off. That information should be inconsistent with what LE was told. I suspect that was the basis of the probable cause affidavit for the search warrant for the home.

In order to be consistent with what LE was told about Anna leaving the way she did Anna should not be buried. It would only be a matter of time before her car would be found so that is another reason why I think she would not be buried.

One other thing I will mention is the weather. It rained a lot for days covering the weekend just after she talked to her mother on the the 28th of March. We know that the birthday text the following day had mistakes in it that Anna wouldn't make. My line of thinking has been that this whole thing was planned in advance but was moved up to mid-week due to the upcoming rain which would make things more difficult in terms of hiding Anna. One thing you can't plan out too far in advance is the weather. There should be some mistakes made due to shifting the time with the birthday text being just one of them. I expect that in terms of planning the timing was meant for March 31st - April 2nd.

We haven't heard of one inkling of trouble with her marriage. Not one word that she was looking to get out of it. In context with her disappearance it leads me to believe that there was a third-party connected to her husband. I happen to believe the third party to be directly involved but that may not be the case.

I absolutely agree there is a 3rd party involved, but I do not believe for one second that the 2nd party isn't also involved in Anna's disappearance. I disagree with one item in your narrative, which is really well thought out and well written. I feel she was buried. Yes though, near a road and also in a soft area in a different direction from where her car was found.

Little reminders:
http://www.mainlinetoday.com/The-Search-Continues-for-a-Missing-Malvern-Mom/
According to police, 43-year-old Anna Maciejewska was last seen by her husband, Allen Gould, on April 10. She was leaving the couple’s Charlestown Township home on Hedgerow Lane, where they reside with their 4-year-old son. She never made it to work at Voya Financial in West Chester.

Maciejewska communicated regularly with her parents in Poland. On March 27, she spoke with Janina on the phone about coming for a surprise visit for Zygmunt’s 80th birthday—she had a present for him. “Anna, if you come home, it’s the best present,” Janina told her.

The following day, she delayed her trip. She had things to do at work. Janina suggested visiting over Easter. Anna said they could talk about it later.

On March 29, Anna told her mother she couldn’t fly out—and that she missed them. A day later, Zygmunt got a birthday text message from Anna in Polish with two mistakes. “Anna knew Polish,” says Zygmunt. “It’s impossible for Anna to do this mistake.”

On April 8—a Saturday—Janina called Gould and asked to speak to Anna. He said Anna would call her on Monday. She wondered, “Why not Sunday?”
Janina called again on Monday. “I have no idea where she is,” Gould told her. “She didn’t come back.”

Janina asked if he’d been to the police or checked Anna’s old house, which she still owned in West Chester. According to Janina, Gould said he was busy with work and his son. “We informed police earlier than he did,” Janina says, pointing out that they called the police from Warsaw on April 11 and that Gould reported her missing the following day.

Anna had taken two weeks off from work. But, according to state police, she didn’t return on April 10, her first day back. Three days later, Janina arrived in the area to help Gould with her grandson and search for Anna. Her stay on Hedgerow Lane was abbreviated. Janina was “disgusted” when Gould went on with an Easter celebration. During Janina’s spells of crying, he told her, “She’ll come back.”

Thereafter, Janina moved to a Residence Inn in Malvern.

On May 8, Anna’s dark-blue 2011 Audi A4 was located at the Charlestown Meadows overflow parking lot on Ashtree Drive in Malvern, near neighborhood walking trails. Five days later, 40 investigators—including Embreeville state troopers, search dogs and state police academy cadets—conducted an extensive search of the Charlestown Meadows development, the surrounding neighborhoods, and a wooded area around the walking trails. Searches were also conducted in the area around the house, and Pennsylvania State Police detectives and forensic units executed a search warrant at Hedgerow Lane on July 20. Police were initially allowed in the house when Anna was reported missing in April. But since then, Gould had not allowed entry.

Through his West Chester-based attorney, Evan Kelly, Gould declined to comment for this story.
http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20170517/NEWS/170519786
Maciejewska, 43, of Charlestown, was last seen by her husband leaving their Charlestown Township home on Hedgerow Lane for work around 9:45 a.m. on Monday, April 10 according to Daniels. Maciejewska did not show up for work at Voya Financial in West Chester that Monday or Tuesday, according to state police. Her employer reported her missing on April 11 and her husband reported her missing on April 12.

Daniels said state police attempted to contact her family that day and her husband Allen Gould, 52, cooperated with state police when he reported his wife missing and provided them with “valuable information.” He said most recently that state police are continuing to attempt to work with Gould through his attorney.

Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Brandon Daniels asks the public for any information they might have on Anna Bronislawa Maciejewska, who has been missing from Hedgerow Lane in Charlestown since April 11. Maciejewska, 43, 5-feet, 4-inches tall, 160 pounds with hazel eyes, formerly lived at metro Lane in West Chester and works at Voya Financial in West Chester.

Pennsylvania State Police are looking for any information on Anna Bronislawa Maciejewska, who has been missing from Hedgerow Lane in Charlestown since April 11. Maciejewska, 43, 5-feet, 4-inches tall, 160 pounds with hazel eyes, formerly lived at metro Lane in West Chester and works at Voya Financial in West Chester. Anyone with information, is urged to contact state police at 610-486-6280.
MAP https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hed...e5dcb4f05d83!2m2!1d-75.600808!2d40.067712!3e0

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 47
  • EP-170519786.jpg
    EP-170519786.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 40
  • anna 2.png
    anna 2.png
    629.5 KB · Views: 45
  • anna 1.png
    anna 1.png
    582.7 KB · Views: 44
  • map.jpg
    map.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 54
Little reminders:
(Snipped)

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to pull all of that together! It's always good to go back and get a refresher on what we know (versus what we've merely theorized about), but I think we all have a tendency to avoid it sometimes because it can be so time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been said that her husband worked from a home office. That could mean that daycare and/or sitters was an occasional thing but we haven't been told of what kind of arrangement was in place. I would guess that one of her friends or possibly a co-worker would have insight but I haven't seen any information offered about this topic.

Husband has a home office but son goes to daycare. They all went to NJ on Fridays to "Polish School". In one of the translated Polish magazine articles, I think they said that she had last been there two or more weeks before she was reported missing.

Husband has a home office but son goes to daycare. They all went to NJ on Fridays to "Polish School". In one of the translated Polish magazine articles, I think they said that she had last been there two or more weeks before she was reported missing.
Do you know what the daycare arrangement was? all day? every weekday? who dropped the child off and who picked the child up?

Thank you for that insightful post. As I understand, there were problems in the marriage such as her spouse being extremely controlling...so much so he would exclude her from caring for their son. I also thought I read somewhere she was contemplating divorce. Sorry I can't recall my source. But one of the most telling things for me have been some of the photos I've seen of her taken in her home. She looks sad, resentful, distrustful and almost fearful as she's looking at the photographer whom, I am assuming, was her husband.

Newly registered to WS. Spent hours viewing thread since mid 2017, having gone back to start. Not one for social media so haven't seen much else case related and info some of you possess. I wonder about this case in several ways. Similarly related to late 90's involving female's disapperance and individual's (high ranking gov't official) subsequent conviction minus recovery of weapon or remains. LE played out carefully, patiently with searches/investigations plus successfully leaning on individual who eventually cooperated and corroborated. Convicted suspected sentenced, died in jail with all details not ever fully disclosed. Secondly, how many cases have we seen in our time, esp as late, of people held captive for long terms. Last, i know of an individual in particuliar, having begun a relationship online, abandoning spouse, children, country and even religion. I welcome everyone's interest and effort toward possible resolution and i recognize there's much here i don't know. I hopefully encourage us all to proceed carefully as we proceed.

Newly registered to WS. Spent hours viewing thread since mid 2017, having gone back to start. Not one for social media so haven't seen much else case related and info some of you possess. I wonder about this case in several ways. Similarly related to late 90's involving female's disapperance and individual's (high ranking gov't official) subsequent conviction minus recovery of weapon or remains. LE played out carefully, patiently with searches/investigations plus successfully leaning on individual who eventually cooperated and corroborated. Convicted suspected sentenced, died in jail with all details not ever fully disclosed. Secondly, how many cases have we seen in our time, esp as late, of people held captive for long terms. Last, i know of an individual in particuliar, having begun a relationship online, abandoning spouse, children, country and even religion. I welcome everyone's interest and effort toward possible resolution and i recognize there's much here i don't know. I hopefully encourage us all to proceed carefully as we proceed.
Welcome to Websleuths!

Anna's case is likely not the exception to the rule. While women are known to take off generally they are located in a relatively short period of time living elsewhere. That is simply because they eventually contact or visit someone (parent/sibling/friend) that they know or are seen by someone that knows them. They usually don't go too far and go to places such as restaurants or clubs or events (sports or shows) that they are familiar with or like. The ones that make it more difficult by hiding or even pursuing another life in another state trip up themselves by obtaining a driver's license or photo ID, apply for government benefits, or simply apply for a job as all of those will trigger a hit. There is very little you can do nowadays without an ID, license, or job.

In terms of cases this is likely similar to Krista Sypher out of Plover WI (went missing less than a month before Anna) or Theresa Lockhart out of Portage, MI (went missing a month after Anna) though without the erratic behavior of the husband just to name two in the last year. I am sure there are others on WS or never made it to WS.

With Anna the particular issue is the no contact with her family in Poland and especially not calling her father on his birthday and instead sending a text in Polish (with mistakes that she would not have made as a native speaker. Like the cases I mentioned Anna's case also involved others actually reporting her missing rather than the husband living in the same household. And like both cases I mentioned we have in this case the husband claiming that his wife was out of sorts when last seen.

We don't have any verified insiders in this case so we don't have any insight to judge the veracity of claims that were made. While there are people that allegedly knew and worked with her (by their own claims) none are verified and generally don't offer much information that is helpful in finding Anna. There is much information about all kind of things about Anna as a person but not one shred of that will lead anyone to her. If the people that are holding on to information understood that the Pennsylvania State Police are more than willing to wait several decades on a case they might think otherwise about holding on to that information. What has been needed for a long time is pressure and active searching. The net result so far is that there is no pressure on LE nor on the person or persons responsible for Anna's disappearance. The longer this drags on the less likely there will be any conclusion. PSP isn't dotting i's and crossing t's nor getting their ducks in a row. They are simply doing nothing waiting for someone to call them with who did what, when, where, and where Anna is. This works in the favor of the person or persons responsible for Anna's disappearance. Changing that status quo will do more good than harm.

The worst case scenario right now is someone has information but they know (or think they know) someone else knows it as well and has shared it with LE when, in fact, that hasn't happened and LE is in the dark about some piece of information.

(✂️SNIP-SNIP)...The net result so far is that there is no pressure on LE nor on the person or persons responsible for Anna's disappearance. The longer this drags on the less likely there will be any conclusion. PSP isn't dotting i's and crossing t's nor getting their ducks in a row. They are simply doing nothing waiting for someone to call them with who did what, when, where, and where Anna is. This works in the favor of the person or persons responsible for Anna's disappearance. Changing that status quo will do more good than harm.((✂️SNIP-SNIP)

I do not know anything about this lengthy case; however, I would strongly encourage those on WS’s interested in it, to contact as many Podcasters as possible locally, and/or any of the major crime Podcasts who may be seeking future cases...

As many on WS’s knows, it was thanks to the efforts of one single individual tenacious Podcaster (& later other involved & interested individuals), which lead to the “golden ticket”, that key bit of info someone locally was holding, that broke the case open & solved GA’s longest standing cold case (Tara Grinstead)..It can often only take one..(bit of information, person who refuses to quit until they find the truth if it can be found)..so, again, I encourage y’all to try and get podcasters, webseries, radio stations, social media, etc.. involved....

Btw, totally creepy the SMS Message in bad polish..wonder if any1 traced the usage..if it was from her phone the account should clearly show from where it last ping’d (but they only hold those records for so long), if from a pc to sms even better, if not sophisticated enough it could hold very clear geo tagging data..

Hoping that Anna will be found, and safe, so she may be reunited with her loved ones...and Good Luck to all on this thread..I was just popping through..[emoji846]

Lastly...WELCOME BRAINSTORM2018 to WS!..Hope you come to Enjoy (& get as addicted as myself, and others), to the many wide range of personalities, heart wrenching, and yet inspiring, lives and cases on WS! I look forward to interacting with you on WS’s in the future...again, Welcome Fellow Web Sleuth..[emoji6][emoji1360]

The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

I thought she taught at a school there on Fridays or Saturdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be miss-remembering, but I thought the classes were to teach Polish and that her son and husband went with her.

Was Anna's son not learning, or is now no longer learning Polish?

I may be miss-remembering, but I thought the classes were to teach Polish and that her son and husband went with her.

Was Anna's son not learning, or is now no longer learning Polish?

That's what I remember.

But curious question....is he still learning Polish? :thinking:

Yes, a very very good question.

One would assume that if learning Polish was a family priority for the son, would he still not be taking classes...or was it only Anna's priority? Anyone close to the family know?
If my family was learning a language and my spouse passed away, I would carry on in their memory...and because knowing a foreign language is a marketable skill set and easier in many cases to learn when young. Sure is a curious string to tug on. I wonder what other family priorities and activities have made a marked change since Anna went missing.

Sometimes the answers are in plain sight, but we get caught up in the minutia and overlook the obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1