Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned it would be difficult to move a body very far. You can move a body far into the woods with an ATV. Also consider how do hunters move game like deer?

Someone mentioned it would be difficult to move a body very far. You can move a body far into the woods with an ATV. Also consider how do hunters move game like deer?

Not a bad thought Melle. I guess the question would be does the individual that most folks think is responsible own an ATV? Is that individual a hunter that would own one of those folding carts? Borrowing an ATV or a cart like that would be a risk for the actor as that is something that the person it was borrowed from could be called into court to verify what was borrowed and on what date(s). Circumstantial evidence.

Upcoming Saturday looks good for a search. Warm and little to no undergrowth. The ideal time for an all out search operation. Curious to see what happens.

Chester County woman still missing a year later

http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/20180410/chester-county-woman-still-missing-a-year-later

Maciejewska’s husband, Allen Gould, told Pennsylvania State Police that he last saw Maciejewska on April 10, 2017 leaving their Charlestown Township home in the Malvern area on Hedgerow Lane, where they reside with their four-year-old son. She never arrived to work at Voya Financial in West Chester that day. Her employer reported her missing the following day when she didn’t show that day either.

More from the Mercury article
http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-news/20180410/chester-county-woman-still-missing-a-year-later

State police said that nothing has changed in her case and they are investigating the matter as a missing person, and they are “looking at all angles” of what may have happened to her. State police are encouraging people to report tips and other information to help with the investigation.State police said that Gould did cooperate with police when he reported his wife missing and provided them with information in the beginning. However, a month later, state police attempted to work with Gould through his attorney.
State police said that Gould is still not cooperating with them and he has not been ruled out as a suspect. Additionally, state police said they are open to other possible suspects.

A bit inconsistent since the Inquirer story indicated that the case was being investigated as a homicide and the ABC 6 story said the same though the Assistant DA is not being quoted as such. However, the important thing is that pressure is being upped. Honestly, I think that either the DA or the State Police need to release one detail that is not publicly known to this point. Something to increase the pressure a little more. Indicating that they are looking at this as a homicide is probably not enough. There should be at least one detail that is safe to release that won't compromise tips or is necessary in an interrogation. Perhaps, release the search warrant, the warrant return page(s) and the probable cause affidavit for the search of Anna's home.

Which parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sorry, I should correct my 1st comment above. I was once again multitasking and should have been more clear.
This part is inaccurate and does not give an accurate accounting of the timeline.

“She had that time off from work and planned to return on April 10, 2017.”

I am curious about the petition, and this is just a question. The Chester County DA and his Detectives are a pretty smart bunch. Why the move to push them to convene a Grand Jury before they feel the evidence supports it? Or am I missing something?

May i be the second to second another doing the same on recent posts. In this case, i too would like to believe, although we may not know or visibly see evidence of let's call it progress in this case with Anna, one year on, i would like to belive LE is being carefully methodical. Yes, patience is severely tested. Again, i point out a high profile case from Deleware, with a start in 1996 an arrest wasn't made for 16 months, in 1997. That case too involved a missing person report initially and closed finally with a conviction, without recovery of body or weapon. LE was very methodical. Important to hold hope same pans out here.

Regarding the petition, perhaps one of our members close to the Finding Anna group knows the reasoning behind it. I on the other hand am merely speculating, but perhaps the true goal is less to pressure LE into taking premature steps, than to stir public concern that so little evidence has turned up – and possibly to get more people involved in search teams, distributing posters and flyers, and other actions that may increase the heat on those responsible for Anna's disappearance. I keep waiting for someone guilty to make a mistake.

JMO, speculation not knowledge.

It has been my experience in around 30 of my 50+ SAR years of working with LE at Local, State and Federal levels, that attempts I have witnessed to force their hand usually leads to them sharing less information and keeping the interested parties further out of the loop. There are things they just CAN'T share, lest they loose all hope of putting the actor in jail.

There is a way to go about this using the media to bring light to the case, but not in the manner of starting a "witch hunt" against LE.

http://6abc.com/1-year-later-search-continues-for-missing-malvern-woman/3324686/
Anna's husband has never spoken publicly about the case and Gould has stopped cooperating with investigators.

His lawyer told Action News on Tuesday that Gould would not provide a comment.

Police have many eyes remained focused on Maciejewska's husband.

State police released the following statement: "The husband has not been ruled out as a suspect and is not cooperating."
In the video, Vernon Odom (the reporter) says "The missing woman's body has still not been recovered here one year later, despite intensive searches, she is pronounced presumed dead, a murder victim."

http://6abc.com/1-year-later-search-continues-for-missing-malvern-woman/3324686/

In the video, Vernon Odom (the reporter) says "The missing woman's body has still not been recovered here one year later, despite intensive searches, she is pronounced presumed dead, a murder victim."
Odd way to say that. Has the State or anyone else moved for such a declaration in court? I know that such an action would require publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the county she lived in and in a legal publication for 4 successive weeks per statute.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=20&div=0&chpt=57

Just wondering, and I mean no harm, but does anyone feel like there might be a bit of tunnel vision regarding the suspicion around her spouse? I mean, I get why, and I know we don’t know enough about the case to say for sure, but I do know that often in these cases, people seem awfully guilty when they’re not.

My fear is that tunnel vision may lead to inadvertently ignoring important clues/avenues

Just wondering, and I mean no harm, but does anyone feel like there might be a bit of tunnel vision regarding the suspicion around her spouse? I mean, I get why, and I know we don’t know enough about the case to say for sure, but I do know that often in these cases, people seem awfully guilty when they’re not.

My fear is that tunnel vision may lead to inadvertently ignoring important clues/avenues

I don't know that LE has tunnel vision on this. For me I haven't been able to shake the idea that there is a woman involved with this case as the person actually responsible for Anna's disappearance. I could very well be wrong about it.

But when I look at how this played out, how long it took LE to develop probable cause for the search warrant for the home it leads me to think a few things.

First, that there was likely no evidence of Anna being deceased found in her car or home. I would have expected more LE coordinated searches had either been the case. Anna would be located somewhere in the vicinity of where her car had been if there was evidence of Anna being deceased found in it. That doesn't mean where her car was found but anywhere the car had traveled which almost certainly would be recorded by the computer in the console of her car. Or, if there were indications in the home there would have been a more extensive search of the property occurring over more than one day let alone the few hours they were there.

Second, that it was information from the computer in her vehicle that proves the initial story given to LE was not true - when Anna left the home, that is what day and time - that actually provided the probable cause for the search warrant of the home. Her vehicle almost certainly had a GPS receiver in it as most, if not almost all, modern vehicles have them. Any car that offers built-in turn by turn directions as a feature or offer an OnStar or OnStar-like service have GPS devices in them. Since they are passive receivers there is no cost for them to operate and thus those GPS devices are always on and record to the computer location information. How far back it goes is the only question.

Third, it appears that something was going on within the household in the two to three weeks prior to her reported disappearance based on the reported conversations with her mother and the changes in plan of coming and then not coming to Poland and changes in returning to work and/or not completing annual goal requirements. There wasn't much revealed about what was the original plan for coming to Poland and how long prior to March/April that plan was made as we only have been provided what happened in the immediate time frame prior to her disappearance. Was the trip to Poland planned on the spur of the moment? Was that how Anna did things? Or, was it planned prior and then changes occurred per the conversations? Was Anna always this way when it came to taking time off or completing work tasks like setting annual goals? While this all could be related to the health of her parents I get the strong sense that the conversations and changes related to the Poland trip had to do with something else going on within Anna's household. What could the cause of that stress in the household be? I tend to think, in the absence of any other information, that infidelity by either one is a good possibility. Based on what we know of the early part of the last week of March whatever it was it had to be something that causes a lot of stress and reluctance to share, even what it was, with her own mother or friends. I would think there would have been some hint as to what was going on out already but nothing has appeared.

When I put this together in my mind I get the sense that Anna went somewhere to meet someone - a woman to woman talk. Likely in the evening of March 28th or into the day on March 29th. This would be a woman that Anna knew and trusted so this would be a double betrayal which makes things more difficult.

I truly believe that this case will be solved/resolved due to electronic forensics. Her vehicle's computer will also have a record of any Blue Tooth device that came within range. All such devices have a globally unique ID. Most people don't turn it off. So, when it comes to a car anyone that walked by it for example in a grocery store parking lot while carrying their cell phone would end up with their cell phone's Blue Tooth ID stored in a log in the car's computer. What this means is that any Blue Tooth device that came within range of the car will be logged including when that occurred and correlating that with the GPS location of the car at that time allows you to know not only where the car was but where someone else also was.

Cell phone location records and Cell Tower records will play a role in this as well since LE would know about almost all phones (except those not turned on or have a dead battery) that would be in the vicinity of a specific location at a specific time.

But none of this will allow LE to find the person responsible for Anna's death until Anna's body is found since LE will be able to work backward from that location in the electronic information and correlations in the electronic information. This is why finding Anna is critical, in my opinion. Her location should lead LE directly to who to arrest for this, though it may not happen quickly after she is found.

But like I said, I could be wrong. LE could have evidence of Anna being deceased in her home or car and have evidence of all kinds but prosecutors are not willing to go forward with the case without a body. So again, it also becomes critical to find Anna.

With no statute of limitations on murder LE there is not much motivation for LE, particularly the PA State Police, to move quickly on this, let alone search, let alone encourage search activities, with the assumption that eventually someone will stumble across her. Pressure on LE and prosecutors is appropriate, particularly the elected District Attorney. Not that it will necessarily work but it also doesn't hurt. At a minimum, if the pressure continues, it should cause LE or the prosecutors to release some information or take some action if only to try to relieve the pressure on them. I have been encouraged by the long over-due statements by LE and/or prosecutors in the recent weeks. Whether that is actually LE and prosecutors truly moving forward in this case or simply trying to placate people wanting some action is yet to be seen. If LE and prosecutors add nothing more in the coming weeks then we will know their recent statements were meant to placate.

Hopefully the upcoming search or future searches will lead to Anna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1