Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder the reason they would wait so long to confirm her car was found? The car was found on 5/8 but it wasn't confirmed until 5/15. That's a long time in these sort of cases. Meanwhile, press reports are still asking people to look out for the car.

Can someone confirm the factual timeline from disappearance to report to police?
I have read several different versions.

I think i read read somewhere she texted work to call out for the week.

Not good. Someone other than her could have done that. If memory serves, that leaves us with the weekend prior to her texting into work, the week of her texting into work, and the weekend after her texting into work, that no one laid eyes on her. That's nearly 11 days or so.

Not good. Someone other than her could have done that. If memory serves, that leaves us with the weekend prior to her texting into work, the week of her texting into work, and the weekend after her texting into work, that no one laid eyes on her. That's nearly 11 days or so.

exactly.

Yeah I think somewhere in a prior message, it's suggested that the last time she was seen outside of her family was on 4/2 when she was out to dinner w her husband and son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think somewhere in a prior message, it's suggested that the last time she was seen outside of her family was on 4/2 when she was out to dinner w her husband and son.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read they were seen by co-workers out to dinner but the co-workers were not sure if it was the week prior?

Can someone confirm the factual timeline from disappearance to report to police?
I have read several different versions.

That's because no timeline has actually been confirmed. [emoji22]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read they were seen by co-workers out to dinner but the co-workers were not sure if it was the week prior?

I think that's what I read. Tbh, I was being lazy and didn't scroll up to check.

That's because no timeline has actually been confirmed. [emoji22]

I just realized how stupid my question seems. Let me rephrase; I read Anna's co-workers reported her missing after she didn't show up for work on April 11, the last time her husband saw her was the morning of April 10th?

I just realized how stupid my question seems. Let me rephrase; I read Anna's co-workers reported her missing after she didn't show up for work on April 11, the last time her husband saw her was the morning of April 10th?

It wasn't a stupid question at all!

And yes, April 10 is when she left for work in a panic at 9:45 a.m., according to her husband.

It just occurred to me that when you are reporting to your employer that you're sick, you don't anticipate being sick for the whole week, right? I mean, isn't it a day-by-day issue? Why request the entire week off for an illness that may not extend for that length of time? Because: you are not sick, but want a break to do something else and haven't scheduled vacation time (if done by phone by Anna). If done by text, less likely to have been done by Anna, but still possible. A very weird way to take sick days, right? I wonder if something was going on at work?

It just occurred to me that when you are reporting to your employer that you're sick, you don't anticipate being sick for the whole week, right? I mean, isn't it a day-by-day issue? Why request the entire week off for an illness that may not extend for that length of time? Because: you are not sick, but want a break to do something else and haven't scheduled vacation time (if done by phone by Anna). If done by text, less likely to have been done by Anna, but still possible. A very weird way to take sick days, right? I wonder if something was going on at work?

Exactly. Seems like it was not her at all.

I suppose you go say you had to have emergency surgery and it was of a personal nature.

I suppose you go say you had to have emergency surgery and it was of a personal nature.

I think no one has seen her outside of her family since 4/2 though. Or that is what it seems.

Hello everybody. I worked in the same office for a number of years, and I personally knew Anna. I no longer work there or even live in the area, and just learned about this horrible mystery last night. Still shaking...

Anyway, it jumps at me that the dates reported so far don't make any sense. For example, several different reports state that she was last seen at work on March 26. Well, for one thing it was a Sunday, but ok, maybe someone got it wrong be a day or two. (Reporters, hello? Do you verify the dates you report?)

Next thing, on Monday 3/27 Anna spoke to her mom in Poland and confirmed she will be in Warsaw in four days. Four days -- that's Friday, 3/31. Her dad's birthday is 3/30. Does it make sense?

Then on Tuesday she texted her relatives that "something suddenly came up at work", so she would be delayed by one day. So she's now supposed to arrive to Poland on Saturday, just to head back on Sunday night or Monday? That's really hard, especially if you're ​bringing your 4-yr old with you.

But what really doesn't make any sense to me is: if something urgent comes up at work on Tuesday, 3/28, how come she was last seen in the office on 3/26?

So when was she last seen in the office? What was the urgent project she had to work on?

I think something happened between Monday, 3/27 and Tuesday, 3/28. That's when Anna's communication changed to SMS only, and this mysterious "urgent project" came up for the first time.

Thanks!

I think no one has seen her outside of her family since 4/2 though. Or that is what it seems.

Oh yes, I know. I'm not suggesting that she did say that, but if someone else were to be texting in her place, a text like that might keep her work people off the trail for a bit.

Where was it officially announced they did find the car.I had only found people being quoted as saying that the car was found. Did PSP announce or confirm same?

See here for example:
http://www.dailylocal.com/general-news/20170515/update-pennsylvania-state-police-continue-search-for-missing-woman-after-discovering-her-car

Hi :) I joined here just because I am local to this case, too, and i have seen very little about it in the local press. The thing that gets to me is how long it took the car to be found. I live in a development very similar to where the car was found and no one would ever let a car sit that long in overflow if we didn't know who it belonged to. Last summer someone dumped a car here and my neighbor called after 24 hrs and the police tagged it and took it after 48 or so hours. I guess it just surprised me that it sat there for so long, but then again it was not until two days ago that I saw this case start to be shared on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1