Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things to also note in regards to this - what is the company policy on sick time? Typically, larger companies will require a letter from a physician's office if you are out for more than 3 days. What about FMLA? When I took care of my terminally ill mother, I was able to request any given amount of time at any time's notice to care for her.
It just occurred to me that when you are reporting to your employer that you're sick, you don't anticipate being sick for the whole week, right? I mean, isn't it a day-by-day issue? Why request the entire week off for an illness that may not extend for that length of time? Because: you are not sick, but want a break to do something else and haven't scheduled vacation time (if done by phone by Anna). If done by text, less likely to have been done by Anna, but still possible. A very weird way to take sick days, right? I wonder if something was going on at work?

Another local here. Agree with the timeline and how communications changed to text only-- very strange.
Didn't they say she left her cell phone behind before she "left for work"? I wonder why we haven't heard about the cell phone- if it's located, did they search it, etc.

Another local here. Agree with the timeline and how communications changed to text only-- very strange.
Didn't they say she left her cell phone behind before she "left for work"? I wonder why we haven't heard about the cell phone- if it's located, did they search it, etc.
RSBM

Good points !
Esp. about searching her phone.
Also --not that difficult for someone else to have sent the texts , as opposed to talking-- which would be nearly impossible to fake. :(
:moo:

It wasn't a stupid question at all!

And yes, April 10 is when she left for work in a panic at 9:45 a.m., according to her husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, do you think she was to return to work on the 10th or 11th? I guess I'm confused why they reported her missing on the 11th after not showing up vs the 10th (or even the 8th or 9th)? I know it's said she took a week off but what was the time frame for that again?

I was not going to mention this until the car was reported found by the PSP. On Monday the 8th when the PSP showed up at my house to talk to me they said the car was found but when they showed up on Thursday for me to sign the search consent form they said the car was only spotted in Charlestown Meadows. Clearly they were intentionally withholding that information for what ever reason...

In response to tinkerbella's question:

Well, one of the newspaper articles states that her family from Poland reported her missing to Philadelphia police on 4/10. That's super weird!

Also, why did the husband tell her mom to "call in two days"? That conversation supposedly happened on Saturday, 4/8. So two days from that is 4/10, precisely the day she went missing! Weird-weird-weird!

I was not going to mention this until the car was reported found by the PSP. On Monday the 8th when the PSP showed up at my house to talk to me they said the car was found but when they showed up on Thursday for me to sign the search consent form they said the car was only spotted in Charlestown Meadows. Clearly they were intentionally withholding that information for what ever reason...

So the car wasn't actually found and searched? Hm.

I just drove by Charlestown Meadows, which is HUGE btw.
Not sure exactly where the car was located but most of the spots are for residents.
Sadly, I'm thinking if someone DID do something to her, the longer she's not found the less likely it is to make charges stick. ��

So, do you think she was to return to work on the 10th or 11th? I guess I'm confused why they reported her missing on the 11th after not showing up vs the 10th (or even the 8th or 9th)? I know it's said she took a week off but what was the time frame for that again?

Unfortunately, there has been many inconsistencies in the press regarding this story, some glaring. Clearly it is not wise for us to believe everything they have printed because some things are outright incorrect. I guess the press no longer fact checks. ��

Unfortunately, there has been many inconsistencies in the press regarding this story, some glaring. Clearly it is not wise for us to believe everything they have printed because some things are outright incorrect. I guess the press no longer fact checks. ��

Yes I read she was reported missing on 4/12 so 🤷*♀️.

She taught ESL in Lakewood, NJ on Fridays. On March 24 she had classes for the laast time.

She taught ESL in Lakewood, NJ on Fridays. On March 24 she had classes for the laast time.
Will you tell us more please?

The following Friday, 3/31, she was supposed to be in Poland, so I'm assuming no class. But what about the next​ Friday, 4/7? Was she expected in class on that day? Did she cancel? Did she not show up?

Thank you!

Every Friday? That is not just around the corner from where she lives...I wonder if she has any sort of life in Lakewood and if that area has been searched.

Will you tell us more please?

The following Friday, 3/31, she was supposed to be in Poland, so I'm assuming no class. But what about the next​ Friday, 4/7? Was she expected in class on that day? Did she cancel? Did she not show up?

Thank you!

I do not know whether she cancelled the classes. All I know is the last classes she lectured were on March 24.

Her husband drove their son to school every day and she picked him up after school. No idea whether she was picking him up between March 27 and April 10. Their son also attended Polish school in Lakewood, NJ on Saturdays. No idea if he was present in this timeframe.

What is strange as well..He claims he saw her leaveing for work 'in a panic' at 9.45 AM. Wasn't he at work at this time? Why was it the family from Poland who notified the police about her missing on April 11 instead of her husband? Why did she keep texting the family after March 27 instead of calling, which according to her family is very strange because she always called. She did not even call on her father's birthday, just a text message - very strange according to her family. She stopped contacting her 2 friends in Poland that week as well, although they were in touch every day before. Her cooworkers say they saw her on April 2, but they also say it might have been a week before -they are not sure. Who takes a whole week off due to sickness in advance in America (via text message as well)?

Hi :) I joined here just because I am local to this case, too, and i have seen very little about it in the local press. The thing that gets to me is how long it took the car to be found. I live in a development very similar to where the car was found and no one would ever let a car sit that long in overflow if we didn't know who it belonged to. Last summer someone dumped a car here and my neighbor called after 24 hrs and the police tagged it and took it after 48 or so hours. I guess it just surprised me that it sat there for so long, but then again it was not until two days ago that I saw this case start to be shared on social media.
It's possible it wasn't there the whole time. MOO

Channel 6 ABC just reported in their evening broadcast at 6 that the car was located near a walking trail.

Yes the walking trail is a loop that circles the townhome community. It runs on the outside of the community and is between the community and my house. Some of it is in the woods one in the clear. The trail next to the lot where they found the car it's in the woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1