Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some LE presence on the 401 entrance to the CVT this am, but this could be totally unrelated.

There is a speed trap North of there on 401 and the entrance to the townhome is the only place to pull over for a traffic stop. In general that is not unusual.

This is going to be hard for some of you to read, but I have to put it out there for the locals. Keep an eye out for turkey buzzard (turkey vulture) and/or crow activity in a particular area. I'm a tracker (Indian scout) and we work from animal activity and other sign as much as we do from tracks. Not sure if LE has brought in dogs yet, but at this point, air scent dogs would do better than ground scent.
Yes dogs were used on Monday 8 April.

XYZZY99-off topic-I just have to ask you: fan of Colossal Cave Adventure? I ask because of your Websleuths nickname

This is going to be hard for some of you to read, but I have to put it out there for the locals. Keep an eye out for turkey buzzard (turkey vulture) and/or crow activity in a particular area. I'm a tracker (Indian scout) and we work from animal activity and other sign as much as we do from tracks. Not sure if LE has brought in dogs yet, but at this point, air scent dogs would do better than ground scent.

Interesting thought... I live in the area and the other afternoon we saw large black birds circling in the sky. My kid said "vultures"! but I said, nah maybe an eagle? Now I think maybe that was right. We never have them near us- only crows. Although we do live in a wooded area. I will be on the lookout for them again. Thanks.

Just a thought (in case PSP is watching this thread), did anyone check for security cameras? Lots of these systems record over previous video after a few days. Footage might show who was driving the car, and if Anna, what direction she walked off from the car.

Just a thought (in case PSP is watching this thread), did anyone check for security cameras? Lots of these systems record over previous video after a few days. Footage might show who was driving the car, and if Anna, what direction she walked off from the car.

Is this the kind of neighborhood where people might have trail cameras? We have them at our property, to see what kind of wildlife comes along, but they also catch people coming in and out of our house and driveway, so there is some other avenue of video and photos to pursue

People are getting together to search for her.

If there is a search with untrained individuals who are not led by a PA/NASAR Certified Search Manager and/or a trained team, there is a real danger of contaminating evidence should they locate Anna. The fact that PSP has not called in Wolfpack SAR, Greater Philadelphia SAR or one of the other local teams should tell us all something. One other point is that haphazard and unorganized search operations really complicate PSP's activities, and if anyone is injured during the search, the organizer may be liable.

If there is a search with untrained individuals who are not led by a PA/NASAR Certified Search Manager and/or a trained team, there is a real danger of contaminating evidence should they locate Anna. The fact that PSP has not called in Wolfpack SAR, Greater Philadelphia SAR or one of the other local teams should tell us all something. One other point is that haphazard and unorganized search operations really complicate PSP's activities, and if anyone is injured during the search, the organizer may be liable.

What do you recommend for the group that is meeting, if anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Facebook page somebody asked whether PSP are aware about this initiative, and whether they are ok with it. The response was that yes, this has been discussed with authorities and the details have been worked out.

Locals, in the West Chester, Malvern, Exton Area; I have just returned from a findingannam meeting; if anyone is available Saturday 5/20 & Sunday 5/21 to volunteer, we have scheduled PSP approved searches for Anna this weekend. Personal message me to get the location. It will be steep/rough terrain heavily wooded so please dress appropriately.
We are Anna's Voice. #findingannam

I am following the site from Ohio after hearing about on Dateline NBC.
I would love to volunteer but it is a 6 hr drive . In my state of Ohio, near Cleveland there was a case of a missing township trustee from
Medina County ,Ohio. He seemed to disappear in the same manner.
He left abruptly in a frantic mood and his office was left a Mis.
Days later ,his vehicle was found in a nearby park parking lot abandoned. There were many volunteer search parties who searched for this man for months ,finding no clues. However, the local sheriffs dept who was handling the investigation ,failed to search a nearby lake not far from where his car was found. They did not think there was any evidence of any activity around the lake ,due to the fact that they used helicopters to search and didn't see any footprints leading up to the lake. That is where they blew the case. Big mistake by true rum dums. In February of this year a kayaker was out boating on a warm sunny day and noticed a mans body floating in the water. It turned out to be the missing trustee. The case is still under investigation and they are unsure if it was murder,suicide or any type of foul play. He had several stab wounds on his body. A word of advice would be to search all of the bodies of water first ,since it sounds as if nothing has showed up on any land. Good luck to all of you. Prayers for Anna's safe return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the development doesn't have cameras, hopefully a few people have personal security ones and maybe find something on those. They are getting to be popular where I live. Not sure people in a development like that would have trail cameras but I'm sure some have security facing out back and front? Some of them don't record over, it saves a small video file when movement is detected (my friend has one).

This seems well planned out. I hope the person responsible slipped up somewhere.

XYZZY99-off topic-I just have to ask you: fan of Colossal Cave Adventure? I ask because of your Websleuths nickname

Locals, in the West Chester, Malvern, Exton Area; I have just returned from a findingannam meeting; if anyone is available Saturday 5/20 & Sunday 5/21 to volunteer, we have scheduled PSP approved searches for Anna this weekend. Personal message me to get the location. It will be steep/rough terrain heavily wooded so please dress appropriately.
We are Anna's Voice. #findingannam

You realize that this is all private property most of which has no trespassing signs. Have you received permission from the land owners? We have had liability issues in the past. It is one thing to have LE walking your property and another private citizens. There are sink holes scraps of metal fallen trees..

If PSP feels that an organized search would be productive and there is no risk of contaminating a crime scene, I would advise that the team leader contact the PA SAR Council to obtain a trained search manager to help organize a search. You cannot go onto private property without owner approval which really limits where you can go. The property owners could be liable if someone is injured on their property. This is why SAR teams have special insurance, and when invited by LE, have LE's assistance in gaining access to private property. Searches are not haphazard. They are well organized, people are checked in and out so no one gets left behind. You will be walking in pickers, poison ivy, poison oak and sumac, not to mention this is tick season. You will need a lot of water and bathroom facilities. Ensure there is a medic on scene and that leaders have two way radios and all searchers have a whistle. "road crew" reflective vests are also advisable.

On the Facebook page somebody asked whether PSP are aware about this initiative, and whether they are ok with it. The response was that yes, this has been discussed with authorities and the details have been worked out.

I checked the FB page and did not see that. Might have been in one of the posts under "see more".

If PSP feels that an organized search would be productive and there is no risk of contaminating a crime scene, I would advise that the team leader contact the PA SAR Council to obtain a trained search manager to help organize a search. You cannot go onto private property without owner approval which really limits where you can go. The property owners could be liable if someone is injured on their property. This is why SAR teams have special insurance, and when invited by LE, have LE's assistance in gaining access to private property. Searches are not haphazard. They are well organized, people are checked in and out so no one gets left behind. You will be walking in pickers, poison ivy, poison oak and sumac, not to mention this is tick season. You will need a lot of water and bathroom facilities. Ensure there is a medic on scene and that leaders have two way radios and all searchers have a whistle. "road crew" reflective vests are also advisable.

They have already done all this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member