Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorota,
I live near Hollow Rd Malvern and vulture sighting confirmed by another person last week multiple times but since then, nothing.
Do you know if anyone has checked there? All private properties, I believe?

Whatsgoinon.
Can you tell which area were birds?Thanks

Vultures are extremely common here. They love to soar over the quarries and there are a couple of large roosting sites nearby. Right now they are a little less obvious because it is nesting season. If you see any clustered on the ground or low in trees, that is something to investigate.

Agreed-- have seen a lot near quarry/Atwater Dr and Flat Rd but never near our houses. These guys were circling above the woods in the residential/farm areas. We have even had dead deer nearby without vultures coming, but could have been some other animal. Hard to say as it is heavily wooded.
Vultures are extremely common here. They love to soar over the quarries and there are a couple of large roosting sites nearby. Right now they are a little less obvious because it is nesting season. If you see any clustered on the ground or low in trees, that is something to investigate.

I am not sure you can put any value on the sighting of vultures. I live in the country, country enough that it makes Chester County look like downtown Philadelphia, and vultures are extremely common. They are scavengers and will pick a carcass clean in a very short period of time. I can pass road kill on the way to town, pass by again two hours later, and there will be nothing left. Vultures will pick a 1200 lb. cow carcass clean within a week. When we cut our hay fields, they immediately move in to scavange anything they can from the field, like snakes, mice and moles. They do not wait for things to get old.

It has been a been a very warm spring in PA, and a body would decompose fairly quickly, especially with the 80 degree plus temperatures eastern PA has had recently.

It would be nice to know from someone close to Anna, other than her husband, if she was truly depressed, how severely depressed, and how it was being treated.

[
059b2201-af5e-40c5-bcee-520a30899144.jpg
[Hi Everyone,

We don't know about you but this week seems long and we're pretty sure it's only Wednesday. We can't imagine or begin to feel the pain of Anna's family in waiting patiently and impatiently for phone calls, updates, anything. We have all taken this situation and made it our own. Made Anna our family, made Anna's loved ones ours. This is personal. This is hard. This is emotional. But Anna can only be found by all of us working together.

We are a group of people who are involved for different reasons who all want the same outcome. Our last email was working smarter, not harder. The amount of fact vs fiction we weeded out by taking all of the timelines and only using dates and times if they were facts is almost unfathomable. Thank you to everyone who did one of these timelines, your efforts are more powerful than you'll ever know. Let's all get on the same page with Finding Anna folks, the power in all of us acting together is so much greater than all of us going and trying our own way of doing things. After all, none of us are police officers, none of do search and rescue, and most of us are involved in something like this for the first time. Let's take the time to go over what we're doing as a group currently:

1) Private Investigator- This person is gathering evidence, facts, conducting interviews, and trying to fill in the missing pieces that tell the whole story.

2) Canvassing- We have printed over 15,000 flyers at this point and God only knows how many people have printed from their own homes but these have gone out to businesses, churches, the Y, and all of the homes in Charlestown Meadows and Anna's neighborhood. We knocked on every door in both neighborhoods with scripts containing questions to help us understand how much they knew about Anna's disappearance and gathered invaluable information. Early next week we will go out and canvass Exton Station where Anna had a condo. We have people canvassing at the Train Stations in the morning and we're working on getting enough people to canvass the major intersection near Anna's house at morning and evening rush hour.

Search and Rescue- Many of you are calling and trying to get search and rescue teams to come out. This is a great initial thought because guess what? Search and Rescue are the best people to find missing people when we know where to look for missing people. No one does it better than Search and Rescue but there are so many moving parts that go into using Search and Rescue in an active investigation. Police have to ASK for a Search and Rescue Team's assistance in order for a Search and Rescue Teams' insurance to cover them during a search. The Embreeville Barracks won't ask for a Search and Rescue Team to assist because they believe they have the proper assets to preform the searches that are currently necessary. Also in order to preform a search it's helpful to have enough evidence to suggest a particular area and it seems at this time that they don't have that information. In the event that State Police do need assistance in a search and rescue effort there is already a team willing to do it and quite honestly you wouldn't want anyone else doing the task. On a daily basis we are receiving help from them in what questions to ask while canvassing, what's the best use of our time and resources and helping to ensure that we are being helpful in Finding Anna and not causing more harm then good and we are forever grateful to the help they have already given us.

Fundraising- We have several people who have stepped up to help with fundraising and we also have a Go Fund Me Page. Just this week we have raised over $2,500.00 on our Go Fund Me page and our Fundraising committee wants to do even more types of fundraising. We couldn't be any more appreciative of everyone'e generosity and kindness.

Social Media and Press- The Finding Anna Web Page is on fire. Thanks to a generous donation very early on, a majority of our posts are boosted and seen by thousands and thousands of people. The Media is interested in this case but they only remain interested if there is new information or a story to tell. We carefully feed them information so we keep Anna relevant, in the news, and have gained a great deal of publicity for Anna's Disappearance by doing this.

Candlelight Vigil- We are planning a candlelight vigil for Anna in the next few weeks. Our Polish American Finding Anna Family has graciously volunteered to lead this and guide us in this. We are so very fortunate to have them as a part of Finding Anna family. More information will be provided as exact dates and times are decided on.

T Shirts- We are having Finding Anna T Shirts made. If you are interested in a T Shirt, please add your name to the google spreadsheet by clicking the link below and adding your name, quantity, and sizes. We will find out how many people are interested and then get the best prices and let everyone know how much they will cost.

Behind the Scenes Things- Countless people are calling their Reps, the DA, the State Police Lieutenant and making sure that Anna's case is of top priority. People are making copies of flyers, making calls, organizing events, and helping Anna's family with travel arrangements to come here. People are checking their records for dates and times to provide exact information and taking hours to prepare it to make sure its accurate so her case can be pieced together properly.

A few reminders:

• Sign Up below for Canvassing at Exton Station next Tuesday night from 6:30-8:30
  • Please add all of the locations where flyers were distributed
  • Please Share the Go Fund Me page on your social media pages
There isn't anything about this situation that is easy other than knowing how many truly incredible people exist in the world. Please let's work together to make our efforts united in Finding Anna because together we can find her.

Hope you all have a good night,

Finding Anna

If you need more flyers to hand out along your travels please email findingannam@gmail.com and we will make sure you get them.

Finding Anna Flyer Distribution Locations
[/TD]
[/TR"]Sign Up to Help Now[/TD
r"]Finding Anna Go Fund Me[/TD]
[/

Wow - I am impressed with all the support there is to help find Anna. Really good to see so many people working together on her behalf.

I'm so glad that more people are becoming involved in finding Anna 🕯

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I would think some one who is too eager to search too eager to help too eager to get involved would be as much a flag as someone who did not want to participate. I think not reporting her missing is far more interesting than not participating.

Also remember that LE is under no obligation to tell the truth. Their obligation is to find the truth and execute a game plan to find the truth. And they have no obligation to share that game plan with us and most likely won't.

I remember a serial abduction Case in se MI where the MI st police keep calling the perpatraitor a squirrel. Some how a profiler figured out if they called the person a squirrel they would strike next on squirrel road. And they did catch him on squirrel road. Point is manipulating the press and other media outlets is all part of a larger strategy.

Given the length of time and the international nature of the case they would have enough grounds to call in FBI resources along with EU resources.

Just because it is not front page above the fold does not mean things are not moving forward.

This is actually one of the better worded posts on this subject I have seen on WS in a while. It is very to the point and factually accurate.

I am not sure you can put any value on the sighting of vultures. I live in the country, country enough that it makes Chester County look like downtown Philadelphia, and vultures are extremely common. They are scavengers and will pick a carcass clean in a very short period of time. I can pass road kill on the way to town, pass by again two hours later, and there will be nothing left. Vultures will pick a 1200 lb. cow carcass clean within a week. When we cut our hay fields, they immediately move in to scavange anything they can from the field, like snakes, mice and moles. They do not wait for things to get old.

It has been a been a very warm spring in PA, and a body would decompose fairly quickly, especially with the 80 degree plus temperatures eastern PA has had recently.

Valid point. It is not only vultures, it is also crows, ground based carrion eaters, ants and flies. Temperature, humidity, tree cover and ground cover all play a large part.

Valid point. It is not only vultures, it is also crows, ground based carrion eaters, ants and flies. Temperature, humidity, tree cover and ground cover all play a large part.

Are there many cases where vultures actually identify the location of a human body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was just another update on the Facebook page for Anna. For some reason I can't link it on my iPad.

I do have to say that if I ever go missing, I would want Anna's friends looking for me. They are doing everything within their power to get the word out and follow up on what they are doing. Anna has many, many people who care greatly about her.

Very very good idea. But.. if she was murdered way back on March 28-April 10.. wouldn't her body be long gone by now?😞
(As in vultures)

Are there many cases where vultures actually identify the location of a human body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly in the mid west. One of the things I was taught in my young years of learning tracking is to observe the activities of animals. Blue Jays and Squirrels can sometimes lead you to a lost person since they are natures warning alarms and their making a lot of noise indicates a predator is in the area. High activity of carrion eaters and insects usually indicate a dead animal. Growing up in a very wooded area near Downingtown from the 50's to 70's I quite frequently was able to find dead animals by watching Turkey Vulture and Crow activity. Nearing the remains, the sound of fly activity was evident from a few feet away. My father and I once found a small dog that had fallen into a large stone water cistern in the ground (in a wooded area along Valley Creed Road) and had managed to squeeze himself onto a tiny ledge. We were alerted by the bird activity in the area. We pulled him out and found the owner that afternoon.

Maybe it's not her cell phone they are interested in.

Yes. And maybe her cellphone WAS with her but then it was brought back to the house. It could also be data from the car. Husband said at the beginning that it could not be tracked, but people who own the same model said it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1