PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he was just trying to get as close as possible, and looking at those buildings, I think that's exactly what he did.
yep, close but outside of the "secured" area, I personally don't think he could possibly think he would get out alive (but he may have) I think he was just hoping for the most time possible to do the most damage.

A serial killer expects to get away with it, while a mass murderer does not. I’ve felt from the beginning that he profiles as a mass murderer, who just happened to take assassin form.

We now know that his preparations likely began months before this rally was even announced.

I think he was planning something entirely different, until he found out 10 days before that Trump was going to be holding a rally about an hour away.

If this guy was a half decent shot, Trump’s head turn would be irrelevant.

There were multiple opportunities to stop this guy, and there were massive failures all around.
I keep wondering if it was really an assassination attempt. Rather, was the purpose to pepper the audience and the ear shot was just what happened when he was interrupted by the police officer looking over the edge. A mass shooting as opposed to a specific shooting.

The shooter was definitely raised in a gun culture, if not in his country and state, for sure in his home. More than 20 guns were registered to his father. I mean is this normal? I grew up on a farm in an isolated area in Canada and our home had one gun (in the basement with ammunition upstairs). It was a single shot .22 rifle my Dad used to shoot coyotes wanting to raid the henhouse.

We have to look at his geographical area to understand whether this is common or an outlier behavior. There is also such thing as “collection”. Guns are collectibles, too.

What really concerns me is that his parents were obviously unaware of their son’s depression. If reports about bullying are true (in such situations, with diverging opinions, I would assume “in the middle” position), then in the father’s shoes, I would think of the danger such an arsenal would present to his own children. If the father gave own gun to his son in the morning and in a few hours, the shooting happened, what it means is that the whole family was totally oblivious to what their child was going through.

I keep wondering if it was really an assassination attempt. Rather, was the purpose to pepper the audience and the ear shot was just what happened when he was interrupted by the police officer looking over the edge. A mass shooting as opposed to a specific shooting.
I don’t think you do something this risky unless your goal is to kill the former president.

If a mass casualty event is what you want, you pick a soft target.

I would like to know how much ammunition he had on him at the time, and I’m surprised we haven’t heard the answer yet.

I do think that officer rushed him though, which is perhaps why Trump is still alive.

A good question. For me, I feel if he wanted to act out a mass shooting, you wouldn’t choose an event with snipers and intense security. High school graduation instead?

I missed the MSM reports that the Trump campaign organization was warned about outdoor events prior to this assassination attempt. How long ago were the first warnings? Was it all outdoor events or those with a crowd over a certain number or ?? What are the details??

Are we quoting from the source @MassGuy linked previously ?? Who is the National Security official providing this info??

Last edited:
A good question. For me, I feel if he wanted to act out a mass shooting, you wouldn’t choose an event with snipers and intense security. High school graduation instead?
I see that thought, but maybe if he was younger, it would have more meaning to him. Being 20 he may have wanted a more "grown up" target, but you would think he would have some connection to it, so I am at a loss as to why, until we have more info its anything possible.

I don’t think you do something this risky unless your goal is to kill the former president.

If a mass casualty event is what you want, you pick a soft target.

I would like to know how much ammunition he had on him at the time, and I’m surprised we haven’t heard the answer yet.

I do think that officer rushed him though, which is perhaps why Trump is still alive.
Just asking, what if your goal is to go out with your name forever embedded in history? How could anyone ever speak of President Trump again without mentioning, say, a massive shooting where 20 people died at one of his rallies? And if you are not necessarily a good shot, then just shoot at everything? That would not be a specific assassination attempt, though if Trump died that would have been OK, too. Different motivation, but people do risky like that, too.

And along with my musings, I have to wonder if he hoped beyond hope that someone would have stopped him. I mean he was just OUT there. And if it was with a range finder, that isn't just "taking a risk". That is signaling intentions.

I missed the MSM reports that the Trump campaign organization was warned about outdoor events prior to this assassination attempt. How long ago were the first warnings? Was it all outdoor events or those with a crowd over a certain number or ?? What are the details??
Why would usss run that thru MSM? That would just give ideas to would-be shooters.

shooting experts I have a question : what is the firing range of the gun used, was he considered close meaning he could have gone further? of course I imagine the better the shot you are the further you could go. How far would an excellent marksman be able to go ?

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic> I guess it is hard with the limited information I can't exactly see this timeline of his developing into this shooter.... you see aa degree, college acceptance... job.... I guess I am trying to find something that wraps it all up for me if that makes any sense. <modsnip - response to quoted post>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed> I guess it is hard with the limited information I can't exactly see this timeline of his developing into this shooter.... you see aa degree, college acceptance... job.... I guess I am trying to find something that wraps it all up for me if that makes any sense. <modsnip - response to quoted post>
I know. Hopefully more will come out to attempt to explain it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My current hunch is he wanted to be re-create a Lee Harvey Oswald moment with himself as the star/villain. I might have a different theory tomorrow, but for today, that's my theory.

The more information we learn, the more it does NOT seem like this was politically motivated. I don't see any conspiracy either. We haven't heard about mental-health issues, but clearly a healthy person doesn't do this or even think about it. He obviously thought about it, yet no one has mentioned mental-health issues other than he was bullied in school and was a loner who didn't dress in style.

I'd like to hear what his JFK-assassination project was like - what did TC say about Oswald?

jmo

Hi neighbor…I know you’re just spitballing around your theory about Crooks identifying with Oswald, and somewhere you also wrote that you see somewhat of a physical resemblance between them.

I have to admit I don’t see it at all. I don’t see any physical resemblance, but beyond that I believe that at present, they don’t seem motivated by the same ideology.

Unless and until we learn more about Crooks’ motive, I agree that as yet we don’t know about any potential political issue he had with Trump in particular.

The opposite is true about Oswald. I think we are all familiar with his history, in that he was a fervent Communist at the height of America’s Cold War with the Soviet Union. He defected to the Soviet Union and gave up his American citizenship for awhile, and of course married a Soviet citizen.

When he and Marina did come back to America, Oswald tried relentlessly to get a visa to go to Cuba but he was rejected.

Therefore, JFK represented to Oswald an enemy of Communism and ergo a “justified” political target for assassination. Oswald’s Communist beliefs were not hidden and though he lived in a world without the Internet and cable TV, he blasted his beliefs everywhere he could.

Perhaps we will discover in time that TC had very strong opinions that led him to believe he had to dispose of Trump, but as of yet I don’t see anything that ties TC and Oswald together.

Just my opinion, too! Respect for yours.

Just asking, what if your goal is to go out with your name forever embedded in history? How could anyone ever speak of President Trump again without mentioning, say, a massive shooting where 20 people died at one of his rallies? And if you are not necessarily a good shot, then just shoot at everything? That would not be a specific assassination attempt, though if Trump died that would have been OK, too. Different motivation, but people do risky like that, too.

And along with my musings, I have to wonder if he hoped beyond hope that someone would have stopped him. I mean he was just OUT there. And if it was with a range finder, that isn't just "taking a risk". That is signaling intentions.
If you want to be embedded in history, you kill the president. Yeah, a mass murder would be remembered, but nowhere close to the extent that an assassination would. One of the rounds that passed Trump's head was captured by that NYT photographer, and we know that another passed close enough to graze his ear. I think the intent was clear.

It was a crazy risk, which is why I was surprised to learn that there are no known mental health issues. It's killing me that we know so little, and that there's the prospect of not knowing a great deal more.

I know. Hopefully more will come out to attempt to explain it all.
From our pov there are 2 years missing, ie jc. Who did he hang out with, which electives did he take, any clubs?
And still to be explained, how/ why the family seemed to anticipate trouble...ie missing assault rifle. Why did they check to see if it was there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back