PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi neighbor…I know you’re just spitballing around your theory about Crooks identifying with Oswald, and somewhere you also wrote that you see somewhat of a physical resemblance between them.

I have to admit I don’t see it at all. I don’t see any physical resemblance, but beyond that I believe that at present, they don’t seem motivated by the same ideology.

Unless and until we learn more about Crooks’ motive, I agree that as yet we don’t know about any potential political issue he had with Trump in particular.

The opposite is true about Oswald. I think we are all familiar with his history, in that he was a fervent Communist at the height of America’s Cold War with the Soviet Union. He defected to the Soviet Union and gave up his American citizenship for awhile, and of course married a Soviet citizen.

When he and Marina did come back to America, Oswald tried relentlessly to get a visa to go to Cuba but he was rejected.

Therefore, JFK represented to Oswald an enemy of Communism and ergo a “justified” political target for assassination. Oswald’s Communist beliefs were not hidden and though he lived in a world without the Internet and cable TV, he blasted his beliefs everywhere he could.

Perhaps we will discover in time that TC had very strong opinions that led him to believe he had to dispose of Trump, but as of yet I don’t see anything that ties TC and Oswald together.

Just my opinion, too! Respect for yours.
You are right.

I don't see anything like this. Oswald had quite a history.

So far, I don't see any strong opinions of TC that would lead to this.

A $15 donation in response to an email, (followed by "unsubscribe" after donating) and a voter registration just don't cut for me!

And she's supposed to be the best of the best.
She clearly is not familiar with the setup. The secret service was on a sloped roof across from this.
I never heard of securing a perimeter from inside of a building.
Insane just absolutely insane.
Moo
I totally agree!! Very interested to read additional analysis from security professionals.

Why would usss run that thru MSM? That would just give ideas to would-be shooters.

Well, they're reporting the info anyway... might as well go ahead and tell more. And, this is AFTER the US Secret Service upped their game, right? At least name the source. The would-be shooters now know protection was pretty lousy for certain. A 20-year old unknown white male with no-known backers out-smarted the US SS Coordinators pretty dang easy.

jmo

Last edited:
I apologize if this is repetitive I did not see it. I am trying to get a feel of the locations, I concede that I would expect a SS sniper to be behind the roof line where the shooter was, I am not LE and do not know what goes into decision making but too many movies have made me feel that there are multiple LE snipers at events, guess I am learning the truth. and omg only 410 feet :( Maps show location of Trump, gunman, law enforcement snipers at Pennsylvania rally shooting
1721171462448.png

From above link:
"Secret Service officials have warned the Trump campaign repeatedly against holding outdoor rallies, which pose greater risks than events to which the agency can better control access, people briefed on the matter said. The warnings have been more general in nature, the sources said."
Non-American here. Is Trump more keen on outdoor rallies than other politicians?

Yes! I think all I’ve seen are comments from former high school students, but if any college students or teachers have spoken out, I’ve missed that input. Also curious what his parents have said about behavior in general, and behavior in the past few months, weeks and days. Did anyone see him leave the house? Did he say anything unusual? Did he often borrow that same rifle to go to the gun range?

ETA: Didn’t one or more of the parents of the Columbine shooters say they never entered their kid’s bedroom?

Yes. The mother of Dylan K was very mindful of his privacy. I don’t remember if it was the bedroom or the basement, though.

She wrote a good book. But, she probably had own issues and missed a lot during DK formative years. That morning, he woke up early and left saying “bye, mom”.

I apologize if this is repetitive I did not see it. I am trying to get a feel of the locations, I concede that I would expect a SS sniper to be behind the roof line where the shooter was, I am not LE and do not know what goes into decision making but too many movies have made me feel that there are multiple LE snipers at events, guess I am learning the truth. and omg only 410 feet :( Maps show location of Trump, gunman, law enforcement snipers at Pennsylvania rally shooting
View attachment 518388
even so though, you have your snipers continually scanning their field of site, it could be hard to catch something .... I am surprised that it is really a small area.

I totally agree!! Very interested to read additional analysis from security professionals.
I'm astounded, she believed a police department with 12 full time officers could secure this outside perimeter.

Add to the fact her statement the sloping roof being too dangerous, but the other sloping roof okay. Today, I saw the FBI walking all over this roof.

I don't think she knows basic facts.Why isn't she in the trenches individually interviewing her staff involved? Has she been to the site?Has she personally met the Sheriff?
Sounds to me like she's spouting a lot of second hand, third hand information.

AND, we find out today Trump was and is a target by Iran. She sends in a third string group.

She needs to go and quickly.

Moo...

Apologies if this has been already answered, but why wasn't trump and the stage alerted to the sighting of the suspicious activity by or on the building? It really seems like a disconnect not to remove Trump from the stage when there were people reporting gunman on the roof. I understand the ramifications questioning who was on the roof top, but it was negligent to leave Trump and those on the bleachers without protection or warning. JMO

Apologies if this has been already answered, but why wasn't trump and the stage alerted to the sighting of the suspicious activity by or on the building? It really seems like a disconnect not to remove Trump from the stage when there were people reporting gunman on the roof. I understand the ramifications questioning who was on the roof top, but it was negligent to leave Trump and those on the bleachers without protection or warning. JMO
I personally feel a few things on this, I think we are talking minutes and the communication was being passed, however I think DT would be very angry being taken offstage for a non event , they needed to take care of the issue behind the scenes. they had not seen a gun at that point from my understanding. JMO

I'm astounded, she believed a police department with 12 full time officers could secure this outside perimeter.

Add to the fact her statement the sloping roof being too dangerous, but the other sloping roof okay. Today, I saw the FBI walking all over this roof.

I don't think she knows basic facts.Why isn't she in the trenches individually interviewing her staff involved? Has she been to the site?Has she personally met the Sheriff?

AND, we find out today Trump was and is a target by Iran. She sends in a third string group.

Moo...

'Sure seems the "basics" just might be rocket science for her and her current agents. How many bucks does she make before someone says "STOP"?!

More details than what I just posted:

By 3 p.m. on Saturday, Thomas Matthew Crooks was at the security screening area for the Trump rally in Butler County, Pennsylvania. He first aroused suspicion when he passed through the magnetometers carrying a rangefinder, which looks similar to a small pair of binoculars and is used by hunters and target shooters to measure distances when setting up a long-range shot, according to a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

The rangefinder would not have prevented Crooks from getting through the security screening point, but it did attract the attention of security personnel who kept an eye on him until he left the secure area.

-Investigators are unsure of where Crooks went after he left the screening area but the working theory is that he went to his car to retrieve the rifle.

-Crooks gained access to that rooftop by climbing on top of the building’s air conditioning system and hoisting himself up, according to a senior federal law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

-Additionally, after a search of his residence, investigators discovered another bulletproof vest, another remote-controlled explosive device and a 3D printer, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

Non-American here. Is Trump more keen on outdoor rallies than other politicians?
I don't know if he's more keen than other candidates. I think in general outdoor events feel more relaxed and when going into a more rural area where people might be more comfortable in an outdoor setting, it makes sense to have a rally outside. I think it gives the feel of talking with others vs talking at them. It feels more like heading to a concert or a festival. I think inside a big venue makes it feel more formal and might deter some from coming. Personally, I think I'd rather attend an event like this at an outdoor venue.

By 3 p.m. on Saturday, Thomas Matthew Crooks was at the security screening area for the Trump rally in Butler County, Pennsylvania. He first aroused suspicion when he passed through the magnetometers carrying a rangefinder, which looks similar to a small pair of binoculars and is used by hunters and target shooters to measure distances when setting up a long-range shot, according to a senior law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

The rangefinder would not have prevented Crooks from getting through the security screening point, but it did attract the attention of security personnel who kept an eye on him until he left the secure area.

-Investigators are unsure of where Crooks went after he left the screening area but the working theory is that he went to his car to retrieve the rifle.

-Crooks gained access to that rooftop by climbing on top of the building’s air conditioning system and hoisting himself up, according to a senior federal law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

-Additionally, after a search of his residence, investigators discovered another bulletproof vest, another remote-controlled explosive device and a 3D printer, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

A 3D printer. Interesting. They work verrrrrry slowly so I wonder what that was for. Unless he’d already created something with it and wanted it to get blown up with the car if it came to that.

Moo...

Agreed.
If I needed security with the current SS who are employed ... I'd hire someone else.
The witnesses who recognized the threat and tried to warn LE were heartbreaking.
They knew something was wrong.
Corey C. would be alive, imo, if swifter measures were taken to detain or arrest TC.
Omo.

MOD NOTE:

There is a general gun control thread here:

If it isn't specific to this case, it doesn't belong on this thead.

Politics are also off topic to this thread as described by Tricia on page one.

Well these new details really show he was trying to see what he could get away with. He enters the secure area with the range finder at 3.. so was he seeing if they would stop him? Seeing how tight security was so he knew what to do when he came back with the backpack and gun.. Seeing if the buildings were secured and scoping it all out.

The fact they spotted the range finder and found it odd and decided to watch him makes this all the more difficult to accept. They were not blind sighted by him, he was inside the secure area and already raised red flags to security.. then he still was able to climb on a roof and shoot people.

Well these new details really show he was trying to see what he could get away with. He enters the secure area with the range finder at 3.. so was he seeing if they would stop him? Seeing how tight security was so he knew what to do when he came back with the backpack and gun.. Seeing if the buildings were secured and scoping it all out.

The fact they spotted the range finder and found it odd and decided to watch him makes this all the more difficult to accept. They were not blind sighted by him, he was inside the secure area and already raised red flags to security.. then he still saw able to climb on a roof and shoot people.
Yeah. Once he left the secure area, it seems like they just washed their hands of him. He had no weapons, and he was no immediate threat.

Except he was, and it appears they didn’t pass on the word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back