PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Edited to add: I can't get the photo to attach, but if you scroll that article I posted you can see a close up from behind of the stage and the billboard beside the stage that Trump was pointing to and referring to when he was talking at the time he was shot.

Snipped for focus.

From the link :
This photo ?
2nd one is cropped for focus.

__Rally photo.jpeg

_Rally photo 2.jpeg

Crooks' father told agents he thought son took rifle to shooting range Saturday, reported him missing at 11 p.m.​

From CNN's John Miller
The father of the would-be assassin who attempted to kill the former president Saturday, Matthew Crooks, told agents that he believed his son had taken the rifle Saturday to go to the shooting range and thought he would be back by around 1:00 p.m., according to law enforcement officials.
When his son - Thomas Matthew Crooks - had not returned, the elder Crooks called police and reported him missing at 11:00 p.m., the sources said.

Crooks' father told agents he thought son took rifle to shooting range Saturday, reported him missing at 11 p.m.​

From CNN's John Miller
The father of the would-be assassin who attempted to kill the former president Saturday, Matthew Crooks, told agents that he believed his son had taken the rifle Saturday to go to the shooting range and thought he would be back by around 1:00 p.m., according to law enforcement officials.
When his son - Thomas Matthew Crooks - had not returned, the elder Crooks called police and reported him missing at 11:00 p.m., the sources said.

Hmm.
11pm ?
At Thomas' age, I'm surprised the dad called so quickly.
Wouldn't he think TC had just gone over to a friends' house and forgot to call, or was ignoring his dad's calls ?
Omo.

Hmm.
11pm ?
At Thomas' age, I'm surprised the dad called so quickly.
Wouldn't he think TC had just gone over to a friends' house and forgot to call, or was ignoring his dad's calls ?
Omo.
Weird - I just 10 minutes ago read the article below on CNN about the process of identifying the shooter within 30 minutes. The last sentence (albeit without an actual time) says, "The finding brought federal law enforcement officers to Crooks’ home and allowed investigators to hone in on who was responsible for the assassination attempt." The article implies that this too happened quickly, but maybe not before 11pm? I'm confused.

Weird - I just 10 minutes ago read the article below on CNN about the process of identifying the shooter within 30 minutes. The last sentence (albeit without an actual time) says, "The finding brought federal law enforcement officers to Crooks’ home and allowed investigators to hone in on who was responsible for the assassination attempt." The article implies that this too happened quickly, but maybe not before 11pm? I'm confused.

Follow-up to my own post - Here's another quote from the article that makes it a little clearer: "But the urgent ATF trace Saturday proved indispensable in identifying the Pennsylvania shooter, giving authorities a key clue toward his identity in less than half an hour." (bold by me)

So they had a CLUE within 30 minutes, but that doesn't mean they knew who he was within that short time-span, nor had they necessarily gone to his house. Given that the shooting occurred at - what? 6:15 pm? - it could indeed be that officers did not get to the Crooks's home before 11pm.

What a sad shock for the parents - to have reported him missing, and then probably soon after, to have not their son, but police coming to their door. Their hearts must have sunk at that...

I think something happened that made him change his plans.

Something that made him want to end his life :(
Crooks reportedly had an IED in the vehicle he parked near the rally and another at his home. A transmitter was found near his phone and his body.

He didn’t decide that day to do this act, destructive of others and himself. He decided long enough ago that he had time to construct those explosive devices.

ETA: I realized after posting that you may have meant something happened recently that caused him to change his plans to enter university in the fall. If so, I agree. I have posted earlier here that I wondered whether he feared leaving the family home if he was required to live on campus (or if his parents urged him to do so).

From CNN's John Miller

very important question answered here. thank you for sharing. Seems their hinky meter did not go off, the son was just ten hours late getting home...

Snipped for focus.

From the link :
This photo ?
2nd one is cropped for focus.

View attachment 518498

View attachment 518499
Yes!! Thank you!!! I had it saved to my laptop, but it wouldn't attach to the post. Tech and me are not always friends.. lol

So the screen was toward the direction of the shooter and he was turning to reference it and then turning his head to the crowd and back to the screen so I think that makes all the difference in seeing how the bullet was able to graze him. Othewise from that angle it would likey go into his head from the side. I am not expert thuogh just what I observed by seeing this view from behind of the entire area.

It doesn’t make sense. The math says that around 7pm he was identified. The next step would be going to the house and speaking with the occupants.

I want to point out that these two men here had to do something they never wanted to do. I can say with a good bit of certainty that while they are good at their job and train for these scenarios, I am sure they consider it a successful day if they never have to use their skills. Similar to our servicemembers who go to war, they have now had to end a life and justififably so, but I hope they are able to process this and move on.

When it's all said and done this was someone that had evil plans and he carried them out, but he also was a son and a person and taking a life is never ever an easy thing for those that value human life.

The photo of these snipers just hit me different today as I looked at it.

Crooks reportedly had an IED in the vehicle he parked near the rally and another at his home. A transmitter was found near his phone and his body.

He didn’t decide that day to do this act, destructive of others and himself. He decided long enough ago that he had time to construct those explosive devices.
I wouldn't have a clue, but I have to wonder how long it actually takes to construct an explosive device?
I suspect if you know what you're doing and have all the supplies on hand, it's not that complicated of a process.

jmo

Exactly. There was reporting yesterday that he had received packages that were marked as possibly containing hazardous material, in the months prior to this.

So it appears some sort of an attack was a long time coming.

It doesn’t make sense. The math says that around 7pm he was identified. The next step would be going to the house and speaking with the occupants.
also even though the main site looks very small , witness processing had to take some time and would they wait for the FBI to arrive? just thinking aloud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks
Back