PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I volunteered to drive a van for the news media in a VPOTUS motorcade once. We were very far back, probably 12 cars back from the main group. It was just a basic mini-van rented from the airport car rental. It was intense, fun and an amazing learning experience, watching everything the SS does in managing VPOTUS and other VIPs, plus the public and staff. Media that travels on these trips are experts and know how everything is done, too. There are a lot of rules about what you can and can't do, where you must go, etc. The amount of planning and people, LE, etc. involved is very extensive. Driving 10 miles from downtown to the airport, the interstate highway is completely empty, all exits are blocked by motorcycle police. Amazing how they do all that. So many things I learned that day. SS are very nice, professional people. Don't bother or talk to them while they're working, though.
In the past couple of years I've been invited to private speaking events with both Mike Pompeo and John Bolton. Both had extensive security details. I have photos of myself with both of these men. We were given a small card with "the rules" at both events.

Pompeo's security is all Department of State assets. They have their own internal service called the DSS. He was as well blanketed and as former President Trump when he was in town, including a motorcade which diverted traffic.

Bolton's security was all Secret Service. Smaller detail and no motorcade.

All of the agents were pleasant and professional.

During the small photo op both of them had at least 3 men nearby at arms length. I noticed they were all armed and wearing bullet proof vests.

I've also had similar events with other government officials, they also have security but more like a bodyguard. Except one former Senator, he's just comfortable going it alone.

I think were I this kid's parent I'd be lawyering up, tbh!

If you're going to own firearms you have to take on the responsibility for them and that means not allowing access to them by all and sundry. Now, I'm not saying that he knew his son was a danger but I'm guessing there's a lot more to come out about all this.
All depends on State laws. Kid was 20 so considered an "adult" and I am not certain but I believe here in FL there is no law requiring a gun to be secured from an adult child.

I have wondered if TMC was a convicted juvenile felon since the rifle used was his father's, the rifle wasn't necessarily the best and I think he had a good deal of discretionary income from having a job while living at home. Certain juvenile offenses can result in a lifetime firearms ban even if those offenses don't otherwise impact now-adult juvenile offenders.

I have wondered if TMC was a convicted juvenile felon since the rifle used was his father's, the rifle wasn't necessarily the best and I think he had a good deal of discretionary income from having a job while living at home. Certain juvenile offenses can result in a lifetime firearms ban even if those offenses don't otherwise impact now-adult juvenile offenders.
I kinda doubt it. I believe they can release juvenile records after death. No mention is made by former classmates. Usually word gets around. Most juveniles arrests are from drugs, theft, DUI, sex assault etc.

Firearms are expensive. I think that's why I think he used his father's. MOO

Or, part of his motive was to cause problems for his parents, to put them in a bad light in front of the world. I thought this from the start and now that we know he searched the Crumbly family, I continue to think so.

(I also suspect his various searches might have been made to create a tangled mess for LE to figure out.)

jmo

Even if that was a law in his home state, it's likely we'll never know about it, since juvenile records are sealed/confidential.

jmo
Right, but I've sometimes seen reporting on other cases that refer to "sealed records" that seems to hint at juvenile records. I think if something like that existed in this case, there would be hints.

jmo

My question about the ar15 is the fact that it was not his and whether or not his father should have been with him as he’s the owner.

Since there is a instacheck to purchase the weapon don’t know if you can loan it out.

Jmo
That is a really interesting question. Is is legal to let someone in your family borrow your gun in PA? This website addresses the issue:

Nature of offense: Records are publicly available if a
juvenile was twelve or thirteen years old at the time of
the conduct and committed one of the following offenses:murder, voluntary manslaughter, aggravated assault,arson, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, kidnapping,rape, robbery, or attempt or conspiracy to commit these offenses. 42 Pa. Cons. stat. § 6308(b).

Age of juvenile: Records are publicly available if a juvenile was fourteen years of age or older at the time of the conduct and the conduct would be considered a felony if committed by an adult. 42 Pa. Cons. stat. § 6308(b).

National Security or Interest of Juvenile: Juvenile arrest
records are also disclosed to the public if national security requires it. 42 Pa. Cons. stat. § 6308.

Court order: With leave of court, any other person or agency or institution having a legitimate interest in the proceedings or in the work of the unified judicial system may access records. 42 Pa. Cons. stat. § 6307
Pennsylvania juvenile records.

That is an example of 'magical thinking,' the idea I am going to commit a high-profile crime but I will be back on my regular job tomorrow.
I think it's just something to say and keep things casual - hey, I need the day off but I'll be back the next day. I mean, it would raise flags if he said he need the day off but then would either be dead or in jail.

And, it's entirely possible he would get cold feet or his plans would be foiled at the rally on Saturday and he would need the job at the nursing home on Sunday.

jmo

Curious how TMC's parents handled this or didn't especially since both are some kind of therapist?
His classmate said the threat was not taken seriously.

Trump shooter Thomas Crooks threatened to 'shoot up' his ...​

1721400388610.png
Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-13648833

17 hours ago — During the spring of 2019, Crooks, then 15, threatened to shoot up his own high school. The threat was dissmissed then but now the FBI is ...

Curious how TMC's parents handled this or didn't especially since both are some kind of therapist?
His classmate said the threat was not taken seriously.

Trump shooter Thomas Crooks threatened to 'shoot up' his ...

View attachment 518894
Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk › news › article-13648833

17 hours ago — During the spring of 2019, Crooks, then 15, threatened to shoot up his own high school. The threat was dissmissed then but now the FBI is ...
Perhaps he learned not to threaten to shoot and then get thwarted but to keep plans secret.

jmo

That is an example of 'magical thinking,' the idea I am going to commit a high-profile crime but I will be back on my regular job tomorrow.
He thought he was going to be back at work the next day, he thought he could shoot President Trump and then I'm assuming move on to President Biden, Princess Catherine, etc...I am seriously amazed, not in a good way, that he almost pulled it off with his first act! He did murder an innocent person and injured others, so his magical/fantastical thinking did become reality!

SMH

Or, part of his motive was to cause problems for his parents, to put them in a bad light in front of the world. I thought this from the start and now that we know he searched the Crumbly family, I continue to think so.

(I also suspect his various searches might have been made to create a tangled mess for LE to figure out.)

jmo
That's an angle worth considering. I wondered if maybe his parents were Trump fans, and he wanted to get back at them. Taking his dad's gun could have been an attempted slap in the face -- it was your gun that shot Trump, dad. MOO

Searching the Crumbly family does seem odd.

MOO

That's an angle worth considering. I wondered if maybe his parents were Trump fans, and he wanted to get back at them. Taking his dad's gun could have been an attempted slap in the face -- it was your gun that shot Trump, dad. MOO

Searching the Crumbly family does seem odd.

MOO
I don't think it had anything to do with politics.

If he wanted to hurt his parents, which I think he did, it's deeper than political differences, imo.

jmo

So he did this alone?
I think so.

A purely fame based motive: "Trump is famous, if we kill Trump, we"ll be famous. If we cant get Trump, the alternative target is...." would seem hard to recruit partners for as it lacks the idealism that many terrorists seek. In the end, its a self serving, shallow motive.

This does not mean that partners never occur with that motive. For example, the Columbine school shooting had two actors and could well of had a "We're going enjoy ever lasting fame" component to the motive. Bust most "fame via murder" types seem to be lone wolves.

In the end, it seems far easier to recruit partners for a: "We need to do this to save the country" type motive as its far more easy to "justify" in a potential recruit's mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744
Back