PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently he first scoped out the site 6 days before, which would be only 4 days after the rally was first announced. The Secret Service assessment was the day after he may have visited.

Also, to get into a Trump rally, you have to register online to get a ticket.

I heard on the radio this morning that the shooter registered online with the Trump campaign for the Butler rally on July 6th, three days after the campaign announced the rally in Butler.

So he was definitely paying attention and planned to be there with his registration one full week before the rally took place.

We’ve seen no overt signs that would have told LE or the SS this was coming, and I doubt they exist.

He doesn’t appear to have posted radical things online, or made a direct threat that people would have seen.

As it stands, I think the only people who could have stopped him prior to this were his parents, and I’d love to know what they had to say.

I’m sure he didn’t tell them of his plans, but he was likely building bombs in his bedroom. I’d like to think I’d know if my kids were doing something like that.

Outside of that, I don’t think there was any way to stop this beforehand. If normal security protocols were followed though, this guy would have been intercepted long before he had any chance to get on that roof.
Just adding that their should never have been a direct line of sight. That access should have been prevented.

I heard on the radio this morning that the shooter registered online with the Trump campaign for the Butler rally on July 6th, three days after the campaign announced the rally in Butler.

So he was definitely paying attention and planned to be there with his registration one full week before the rally took place.
Interesting. I never even thought of that.

The US SS has been a mess for years.

This investigative report was prompted by the White House fence jumper in 2014 AND...

• November 11, 2011, an individual fired several shots at the White House from a semiautomatic rifle. (p. 22)
  • April 2012 misconduct in Cartagena, Colombia. (p. 27)
  • September 16, 2014, an armed contract security guard with a violent arrest history rode in an elevator with President Obama and later breached the President’s security formation at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. (p. 39)
  • March 4, 2015, two intoxicated senior USSS officials—including a top official on the President’s protective detail—interfered with a crime scene involving a bomb threat just outside the White House grounds. (p. 54)

Apparently, getting worse by the year.

jmo

Yeah, I just can't reconcile, "The SS let him down" but also, "I'm glad he defied them and rose above to pump his fist"... Which is it?
President Trump praised his Secret Service detail during his remarks last night at the RNC so it is clearly not President Trump who was "defying" the Secret Service, he was defying the assassin.

We’ve seen no overt signs that would have told LE or the SS this was coming, and I doubt they exist.

He doesn’t appear to have posted radical things online, or made a direct threat that people would have seen.

As it stands, I think the only people who could have stopped him prior to this were his parents, and I’d love to know what they had to say.

I’m sure he didn’t tell them of his plans, but he was likely building bombs in his bedroom. I’d like to think I’d know if my kids were doing something like that.

Outside of that, I don’t think there was any way to stop this beforehand. If normal security protocols were followed though, this guy would have been intercepted long before he had any chance to get on that roof.
I'm thinking of personal signs like did he clean his room this week, tossing out items from his room? Decline to do laundry since he wouldn't need clothes after the weekend?

Was his demeanor any different, more relaxed, edgy, focused? Did any behavior stand out - not huge like screaming online his intentions, just stuff his family and co-workers might have noticed, and if so, did he behave that way in the past? (I'm wondering if he got the itch to do a mass shooting since graduating high school, but didn't follow through.)

Did he return home from work at the same time as usual or did he drive around in prep work for his crime? The rally location would take a chunk of time for him to visit. What days did he work that week?

I love timelines and maps. :) I want to know what he did in the week before the rally.

jmo

I disagree with this.

Those SS agents, all of them, put Trumps lives ahead of their own. We watched them try to dissuade from worrying about the shoe, and IMO, when they said shooter down, they felt it was a good time to move Trump ducked to the armored vehicle where they would all be safer. They had no plans for picking up shoes and doing fist pumps.

There is a good chance there can be some lessons learned with SS after this attempt. But there is no evidence IMO that any of the brave agents who quickly wrapped their bullet-absorbing bodies around the candidate did anything wrong. They were heroes.

Any potential failures were about proper pre planning and communications. Not about brave agents who happened to be shorter than the famously non-compliant candidate.

And the responsibility for the violence lies with the shooter.

MOO
I still disagree.
Her height left Trump a clear target for being shot in the head.
Had a taller agent been in her place their head would have shielded Trump like the other agents around him decreasing his chance of being shot and increasing the agents.
I won't even go there on her bending down (photos in link) to put on his shoe leaving him even more exposed.

7FQ3L363JZLG5POG7D6ZBDKWB4.jpg

I've been processing all of this for a few days, and I have more questions than anything. I'm about an hour away from where this happened so it hit far too close to home. I even knew someone who almost went to this rally but backed out last minute. My church is only about 20 minutes from there.

My question here: where were the parents? Couldn't they have seen anything given their occupation? Was their son really that good at hiding some sort of possible underlying mental health issue? Could it be something developed later? Schizophrenia has a tendency to develop around the age he was. Still, wouldn't there have been something the parents would have picked up?
Maybe they did. We don't know. And, I have a hunch, the perp wants us to wonder about his parents (and in an unkind way). my opinion.

jmo

The US SS has been a mess for years.

This investigative report was prompted by the White House fence jumper in 2014 AND...

• November 11, 2011, an individual fired several shots at the White House from a semiautomatic rifle. (p. 22)
  • April 2012 misconduct in Cartagena, Colombia. (p. 27)
  • September 16, 2014, an armed contract security guard with a violent arrest history rode in an elevator with President Obama and later breached the President’s security formation at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia. (p. 39)
  • March 4, 2015, two intoxicated senior USSS officials—including a top official on the President’s protective detail—interfered with a crime scene involving a bomb threat just outside the White House grounds. (p. 54)

Apparently, getting worse by the year.

jmo
I posted that in the previous thread and have wondered what sort of actions, internal reviews have resulted in that year long investigation. To my knowledge I know of no follow up meetings. But perhaps just haven't found any due to it being almost a decade ago.

I posted that in the previous thread and have wondered what sort of actions, internal reviews have resulted in that year long investigation. To my knowledge I know of no follow up meetings. But perhaps just haven't found any due to it being almost a decade ago.

I'm sorry, I obviously missed it... and it's important background! And, yes, I also wondered what happened regarding any follow-ups. Getting rid of the current director isn't all that's needed for the future.

jmo

Mentioned in the article I posted and by a poster here was the height of some of the SS agents surrounding Trump.
From what I remember it was just the 2 women who were much shorter than Trump so that is something that needs to be changed when he or any president or ex-president is in public.

I think they'll be looking at this in the post-assassination attempt analysis and I am sure it will be an issue during the Congressional hearings which are investigating the actions of the SS that begins on Monday of next week. As I've posted before, height is an issue in blocking the protectee and it doesn't matter if it is a male or female SS agent, but that person needs to be tall enough to meet the requirements of the job. And that clearly was not the case on July 13th.

They have you register online but they just use that to get an idea of how many will be attending. No tickets are used to get in. Had the shooter been to any previous rally he would've known and not bothered to register.

I still disagree.
Her height left Trump a clear target for being shot in the head.
Had a taller agent been in her place their head would have shielded Trump like the other agents around him decreasing his chance of being shot and increasing the agents.
I won't even go there on her bending down (photos in link) to put on his shoe leaving him even more exposed.

7FQ3L363JZLG5POG7D6ZBDKWB4.jpg

And wasn't she also bent down to the ground for awhile looking for her sunglasses that she dropped, and finally one of the other SS agents found them and handed them to her so she could get back to the job at hand? That's what I remember seeing as I watched them leave the stage, and did hear comments about that on MSM the day after the assassination attempt.

I'm sorry, I obviously missed it... and it's important background! And, yes, I also wondered what happened regarding any follow-ups. Getting rid of the current director isn't all that's needed for the future.

jmo
I'm glad you linked it here. Any large organization needs oversight not just because there may be incidents that cause alarm but also to prevent any in the future. Much has been and will be learned from this incident. I hope there will be some accountability, will wait and see. MOO

I am watching the RNC right now and Trump is speaking. He spoke from the heart about his epxerience Saturday. He honored Corey and they even have his firefighter outfit there on display. He said he could see the faces of the crowd standing there looking with concern and he just wanted to send them a message that he was okay so he raised his fist up.

I don't think in that moment he thought gee let me get this photo op. The suggestion that this is what that was does bother me. He was nearly killed and he is the one that experienced that, not us. He is the one who reached up and felt his ear and brought his hand down and saw the blood. He is the one that had SS over him and heard the message that the shooter was down. He is the one that stood up and looked at the faces of those in the crowd who were shocked, scared, and staring up at the stage for any sign of reassurance that the man they came to see speak was okay.. the man they want to see be the next President. He did what he thought to do in that moment to reassure them. He wasn't looking for a camera to make sure a photo was being taken.
Thanks for your thoughtful post. The text of Trump's speech is within an NBC report that I posted in the wee hours. I watched the speech and was moved by the former President's openness about what transpired. He walked the audience through the harrowing event and had many in the crowd in tears. For those who might not have seen the speech last night, the text of Trump's narrative of the shooting can be found in this article.

1721408149495.png

People ride on motorcycles, during a procession of emergency vehicles through Sarver, Pennsylvania, transporting the coffin with the body of Corey Comperatore.

1721408214753.png

The huge procession of emergency vehicles, especially firetrucks, weaved its way through Sarver, Pennsylvania.

1721408287873.png

Firefighters ride on the back of a firetruck carrying Comperatore's body.

1721408339407.png

Fire fighters carry the casket of Corey Comperatore, a retired volunteer fire department chief who was shot and killed in the attack on Trump.

1721408420814.png

Visitors arrive for the evening visitation session for Corey Comperatore at Laube Hall in Freeport, Pennsylvania, on Thursday.

1721408514870.png

Rest in Peace Sir.

View attachment 518922

People ride on motorcycles, during a procession of emergency vehicles through Sarver, Pennsylvania, transporting the coffin with the body of Corey Comperatore.

View attachment 518923

The huge procession of emergency vehicles, especially firetrucks, weaved its way through Sarver, Pennsylvania.

View attachment 518924

Firefighters ride on the back of a firetruck carrying Comperatore's body.

View attachment 518925

Fire fighters carry the casket of Corey Comperatore, a retired volunteer fire department chief who was shot and killed in the attack on Trump.

View attachment 518926

Visitors arrive for the evening visitation session for Corey Comperatore at Laube Hall in Freeport, Pennsylvania, on Thursday.

View attachment 518927

Rest in Peace Sir.

Terribly sad for his family. Do we know if Trump personally reached out to speak with his widow? I haven't come across anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring