PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking new footage shows local cops and a Secret Service agent standing over the dead body of would-be Donald Trump assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks as they appeared to confirm the 20-year sniper was identified as a suspicious person before he opened fire.

The bodycam video, released by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, shows Crooks’ lifeless body as a pool of blood trails along the roof where he wounded Trump and killed a hero firefighter earlier this month.

Thanks for the links !

I'm a little surprised that the gun was a distance away from him, as wouldn't he have collapsed and died next to it or even on top of it ?
Maybe a LE picked it up and moved it farther away, though.
Omo.

The communication system is called First Net
The ACT they funded was a system interlinking all agencies, federal, state and local.

I'll try to go back later tonight and try to find it in the transcripts. I'm the chauffeur and banker for granddaughter on a shopping trip, today.

Almost 8,000 employees, only 3,600 are actual agents.

They seems to me top heavy on the administrative side. Time to reevaluate these administrative, clerical, other positions, and distribute those funds to actual agents.

Moo....
Certainly, priorities for resources must be evaluated every year and justified by need. If that hasn't been done, it should be. But I am unwilling to assume that administrative employees are not needed based solely on the gross numbers. What does the Inspector General say about resource allocations?

I watched the entire meeting, there is also a transcript.

The SS NEVER had a group meeting. They met with the PSP 7/8 and reviewed the sight. PSP mentions coverage for these buildings, a group of red buildings and the water tower. They were told local LE was responsible.

The PSP had a "contract" w/SS for the motorcade ( and led by Pittsburgh PD) and two entry points and placing 2 PSP cars near the entrance. They were paid. A total of 32 PSP.

LE consist of several small agencies. We do not know the terms of their "contact", other than outside perimeter.

PSP did a final walk thru w/SS 7/11 and the site was left unsecured. Volunteers (60) decorated the stage the night before, invented, unsupervised.

SS and PSP had a control room for communication.
This is where everything gets really dicey. None of the agencies could communicate with each other, everything had to go through the control center.

When the text photos of the suspect, with a range finder and bike, PSP was given another number to forward to, 45 min before Trump took the stage. No one knows who the number belong to.

The committee referred and read an act by Congress after 911 to create a National system. They even funded it. (didn't catch the name of the ACT).
Moo
More to come..
Bbm.
This is troublesome and reeks of a cover up, imo.
Maybe and maybe not ?
Still it's not good; and could this happen again to some other person campaigning ?
Omo.

Last edited:
The ACT they funded was a system interlinking all agencies, federal, state and local.

I'll try to go back later tonight and try to find it in the transcripts. I'm the chauffeur and banker for granddaughter on a shopping trip, today.
The First Responder Network Authority, or FirstNet Authority, was created as part of the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act (PUBLIC LAW 112–96), which was signed into law on Feb. 22, 2012. The law allocated 20 megahertz of spectrum and $7 billion to establish a broadband network dedicated to the nation's first responders and gave the FirstNet Authority the mandate to ensure the building, deployment, and operation of the network. Congress also required that the network extend coverage in rural areas through buildout milestones.

FBI Director Christopher WRAY gives details about Trump assassination attempt shooter's drone:

It was recovered in his vehicle with a controller; around 3:50 pm-4pm the shooter was flying the drone around the area – not over the stage but about 200 yards away from that area

The shooter's drone was flown in the vicinity of the rally one hour before President Trump was scheduled to speak. That's pretty incredible that it wasn't shot down or even noticed by the Secret Service at that time. The failures of the SS just keep getting worse, unbelieveable.

I am perfectly OK with increasing reliance on the Secret Service over local LE, but we need to acknowledge that this approach - emphasizing the Secret Service over local partners, would inevitably entail a further expansion of the Secret Service mission, which has already outstripped past funding increases.

We need to acknowledge also, that staffing challenges have been and will continue to be part of the problem: the selection process is necessarily cumbersome, and the job duties are often tedious for the kind of high-functioning, dedicated people the Service seeks to employ. This is a natural limitation on our ability to expand SS coverage as you and others suggest.
It is also very important to have a the agency as uninfluenced by politians as possible.

Some people seem to believe that there was a deliberate "slow walk" or lackluster detail for Trump. I see absolutely no evidence of this. But, it is important to make sure nothing like this could happen; no administration should have the capability to weaponize secret service.

Once again, there is NO reason to believe there was any deliberate or personal mistakes on the part of the secret service, but I want to point something out.

Allowing twitter politicians to imply there was something personal and political to get away with demanding that politics make secret service decisions, call for resignations, etc, because politicians want them makes the secret service MORE vulnerable to that kind of abuse. Ironically, there seems to me to be a group of people who want a security agency run by a constantly changing and heated congress. The irony is allowing politicians to make demands of the agency will create a corrupt secret service.

Secret service work should be boring, dry and precise. It's not conducive to run such an agency by popular whim. The more it is run by popular whim, the more realistic the dystopian fear that one administration will use the agency against a rival.

Civil servants are hired by a system designed to keep politicians out of it. The unions, pensions, etc. are not just there because it creates a safe working environment for the employees. It creates a bureaucracy that is fortified against the whims of the next elected official. Protecting the employees Of some organizations protects us all.

I do understand that there are problems with agencies, and, for instance, the day of the murder and attempted assassination was absolutely a day to look closely at the Secret Service. But politicizing an agency is the exact opposite of a solution. It is the kind of action that could make what some people fear- that Secret Service deliberately fumbled- actually come true.

MOO

The shooter's drone was flown in the vicinity of the rally one hour before President Trump was scheduled to speak. That's pretty incredible that it wasn't shot down or even noticed by the Secret Service at that time. The failures of the SS just keep getting worse, unbelieveable.
Do you remember if they said he was live streaming at the time? I am multitasking but thought I heard that mentioned. TIA

I haven't seen it posted here, but President Trump stated that his Secret Service Detail wanted to put him on a stretcher to take him to the waiting vehicle. I assume at that time they weren''t entirely sure of the nature of his injuries. President Trump said the was able to walk and didn't need a stretcher. Reminds me of when President Reagan was shot and insisted on walking into the hospital, even though he is said to have collapsed when they got into the hospital.

So, possibly less than two hours before ?
And the secret service didn't notice ?
That is incredible.
Horrifying.
Omo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors