PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assume that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu travels with his own secret service equivalent from Israel, especially right now with what just happened to one of our own presidents. Israel's security detail has a reputation for being one of the best in the world, if not the best, and I assume that Netanyahu's Israeli security detail works closely with the U.S. Secret Service while he is here.

I mention this because of the environment right now regarding investigations of what went wrong with the U.S. Secret Service and the shooting of one of our U.S. presidents just 11 days ago. Hopefully, any foreign dignitary is being afforded the best security we can provide, given the environment.

Thanks for the X, (formerly Twitter) link.
I know-- everyone types that... but I couldn't resist. ;)
Darn it, Elon Musk.
JK. :)

Here's the DM take on it :

My opinion is that the secret service who are trained to recognize a threat, should have noticed this ?
They (SS) are not without blame in the death of Corey Comperatore; and the injuries to David Dutch, James Copenhaver and former president Trump.
Omo.

So, possibly less than two hours ?
And the secret service didn't notice ?
That is incredible.
Horrifying.
Omo.

Apparently the SS has the technology to determine if a drone has been deployed in the area, but I guess they didn't use this technology on July 13th in Butler. For an outdoor event with 20.000 people, I would think that technology would be used as standard protocol.

Hopefully they are using it now, including today at the rally in North Carolina, assuming it's an outside rally.

Former President Donald Trump plans to stop holding outdoor rallies like the one where he was shot during an assassination attempt this month in Butler, Pennsylvania, according to two sources familiar with his campaign’s operations.

The sources said current plans are to hold indoor rallies, but they also said it's possible Trump will participate in smaller outdoor events or larger rallies in facilities where entrances are more fully controlled and there are not issues with high ground nearby, like stadiums...

Almost 8,000 employees, only 3,600 are actual agents.

They seems to me top heavy on the administrative side. Time to reevaluate these administrative, clerical, other positions, and distribute those funds to actual agents.

Moo....
This is what is wrong within government employment. Too many people underperforming who can’t be fired or moved around and costing too much money. IMO SS agents need to be LE or Military. Our presidents and our country deserve better. We need the best of the best in SS as well as military. I am thankful more people were not hurt but this is inexcusable. IMO

Because she seriously wanted to help the fact finding and is not a coward?

There is a difference between quitting and resigning.

People quit when they don't have the character to take responsibility. They resign after reflection when they do take responsibility.

MOO
I didn't listen to all of her testimony but what I heard sounded like somebody doing the opposite of fact finding. While she said she took responsibility, her failure to answer even basic questions points to the opposite. IMO

Wray said Crooks had purchased a ladder, about 5-foot tall, according to a bloodied receipt that he had on him, but the ladder was not found at the scene. The FBI director said it is unclear how Crooks got onto the roof.

Wray said Crooks had purchased a ladder, about 5-foot tall, according to a bloodied receipt that he had on him, but the ladder was not found at the scene. The FBI director said it is unclear how Crooks got onto the roof.

He also couldn't recall where the ladder was eventually located. He did say there was (forensic, presumably) evidence that the shooter gained access to the roof by using mechanical equipment on the ground and a pipe going up the side of the building.

I didn't listen to all of her testimony but what I heard sounded like somebody doing the opposite of fact finding. While she said she took responsibility, her failure to answer even basic questions points to the opposite. IMO
Ralph Basham, SS Director under GW Bush. Among other things, he said he found Cheatle's testimony to be "responsible" because she was protecting the integrity of the three ongoing investigations, and that he was "shocked that Congress went ahead with a hearing" at this way premature date. He has no political skin in the current game, so I give his views considerable weight. MOO.

Ralph Basham, SS Director under GW Bush. Among other things, he said he found Cheatle's testimony to be "responsible" because she was protecting the integrity of the three ongoing investigations, and that he was "shocked that Congress went ahead with a hearing" at this way premature date. He has no political skin in the current game, so I give his views considerable weight. MOO.
I have no skin in the game either. Here's what I have come to believe happened with regards to Ms Cheatle and that hearing. From the start she seemed to be set up as the fall guy. The mountain of errors that compounded into dead and wounded people and could have led to some very dark times, demanded immediate resignation. I think people on both sides had agreed on that before the hearings, and she only showed up because they served her a subpoena. While I can give no creedence, personally, to the suggestion that she was protecting the ongoing investigation because she never even asserted that from what I saw. Instead, she just kept referring them to the FBI.

One thing Wray said today that struck me while he was under questioning about securing sites and people; he made the distinction that the FBI is not in the business of security, they are in the business of investigation. It seems like most of the questions that were being refused by Dir Cheatle were questions best posed to someone tasked primarily with doing investigation, not security. In other words, Wray was the one that should have been speaking. He gave much more information today than she did, literally anything would have been more than she gave. But like I said, I think she was set up to fail at that hearing. Then again, I feel the same way about President Biden's last debate, so...
JMHO

He also couldn't recall where the ladder was eventually located. He did say there was (forensic, presumably) evidence that the shooter gained access to the roof by using mechanical equipment on the ground and a pipe going up the side of the building.
Bbm.
Curious what that was ?

And ... a pipe ?
How did he carry his gun when shimmying up a pipe , if that's how TC gained access ?
So many questions that I fear will never be made available to the public.
Omo.

I suspected the shooter had Oswald on his mind!

"Trump gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks searched for details about Lee Harvey Oswald’s assassination of President John F. Kennedy before he opened fire on the former president at a rally in Pennsylvania earlier this month, the FBI director revealed Wednesday."

Bbm.
Curious what that was ?

And ... a pipe ?
How did he carry his gun when shimmying up a pipe , if that's how TC gained access ?
Omo.

Air conditioning units.

Most long guns have slings. Collapsible stock makes it 1/2 its size. The weappn would hang across your back.

Bbm.
Curious what that was ?

And ... a pipe ?
Omo.
Indeed! Wray just tossed that out there without giving any more details. The way he said it made me think there was some kind of forensic evidence, like fingerprints or dna on the pipe. Perhaps a footprint on the "mechanical device." At the time I had a normal part of the building mechanical system in mind - drain pipe, A/C unit etc, but who knows?

With regards to the gun all I heard him say was speculation that the collapsible stock had made it easier to conceal/carry onto the roof. I got the impression that they still don't know how he or the gun got on the roof. He confirmed the number of shots taken. I actually saw very little of his testimony, I need to find it online and watch the whole thing because getting details out of authorities on this case reminds me of Delphi (you're on your own).

I suspected the shooter had Oswald on his mind!
"Trump gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks searched for details about Lee Harvey Oswald’s assassination of President John F. Kennedy before he opened fire on the former president at a rally in Pennsylvania earlier this month, the FBI director revealed Wednesday."
Wray mentioned that he searched for the distance of Oswald's shots, specifically. He definitly had a plan.

The gunman’s weapon was bought legally in 2013 by his father, who later sold it to his son, the FBI director testified.

Isn’t this a change to earlier information?

IIRC in the early aftermath, wasn’t it the case that the father had said words to the effect he had loaned a gun to his son? And that he (the father) had then attempted to look for the son and / or the gun or both once news broke of the shooting events at the Butler, PA fair grounds?

Thought I recalled reading that earlier up thread or so it seemed.

If so, that would seem to change some aspects of the gun ownership, etc? And also affect or alter the possible sequence of events including in the aftermath of the shooting. MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back