PA PA - Betsy Aardsma, 22, murdered in Pattee Library, Penn State, 29 Nov 1969

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is said that Betsy's boyfriend had an aibi, but what was his alibi and who confirmed it? Was his alibi solely based on his word?

I know it is said that Betsy's boyfriend had an aibi, but what was his alibi and who confirmed it? Was his alibi solely based on his word?

IIRC he was either in a study session for one of his classes with several classmates, or in a lab practical doing a dissection with other classmates.

At any rate his alibi and presence in Hershey at the time of the murder were confirmed by a number of people.

Littlehorn,
I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work in keeping this case in the news and being a voice for Betsy. I pray that all you've done will bear fruit one day. I was sorry to hear that you had experienced negative feedback. My feeling is that you must have been getting a little to close for someone's comfort. Good job!!!

Littlehorn,
I just wanted to thank you for all your hard work in keeping this case in the news and being a voice for Betsy. I pray that all you've done will bear fruit one day. I was sorry to hear that you had experienced negative feedback. My feeling is that you must have been getting a little to close for someone's comfort. Good job!!!

Thanks. I certainly hope something will materialize based on the hard work we've done.

In the meantime, Sascha Skucek has a new 2-page "teaser" article coming out in November's "State College Magazine," which is a prelude to the larger article he's writing for the January 2009 issue.

I think they're going to be awesome, and a must-read for anyone interested in the case. These articles should be the most accurate, informative summations of the case and the past 39 years ever printed. If anything is going to break loose, it will happen because of the information contained in these two articles.

Wish us luck!

Thanks. I certainly hope something will materialize based on the hard work we've done.

In the meantime, Sascha Skucek has a new 2-page "teaser" article coming out in November's "State College Magazine," which is a prelude to the larger article he's writing for the January 2009 issue.

I think they're going to be awesome, and a must-read for anyone interested in the case. These articles should be the most accurate, informative summations of the case and the past 39 years ever printed. If anything is going to break loose, it will happen because of the information contained in these two articles.

Wish us luck!
Luck Mojo headed your way!!!:)

Just to let everyone know, there are two articles coming out in State College Magazine -- a short one in November, and a detailed one in January.

www.statecollegemagazine.com

Thanks, can't wait to read the articles, especially the detailed one.

I've been thinking about Betsy a lot this week as I'm going to the Ohio State-Penn State game Saturday night.

Nov. 2009 article is on shelves now.

Pretty nice work and it opens the door for the Jan. article where we talk about some of the work we've done that hasn't been seen, as well as more info about the case.

Is the November article available online? When I click on the link for State College magazine it takes me to the August 2008 issue. When I Google SCM Nov 2008, I get all the events there for November.

Is the November article available online? When I click on the link for State College magazine it takes me to the August 2008 issue. When I Google SCM Nov 2008, I get all the events there for November.

direct link is:
http://www.statecollegemagazine.com/aardsma.html

From the main page / cover of the magazine it's under the pic of the pears / dining guide as UNSOLVED IN STATE COLLEGE

Littlehorn - ITA it was nicely done. Haunting, touching and sad... TY for posting the link and that the article is up

Very well written article.

Who are these people?
William Pelton, Daniel Brody, William Kimmel, George Keibler, Clifford Yorks and Jeff Watson

I found these statements very strange:
One man committed this murder. Another may have helped. As many as two looked on.

And not one has talked to anyone?

direct link is:
http://www.statecollegemagazine.com/aardsma.html

From the main page / cover of the magazine it's under the pic of the pears / dining guide as UNSOLVED IN STATE COLLEGE

Thanks, maconrich...but that's the old article. I saw that yesterday and at the bottom it said "as published in April 2004 issue." I started reading it and realized I had read it before. Maybe it's just the same article with new stuff added for the Nov. issue??

"One man committed this murder. Another may have helped. As many as two looked on. Two, maybe more, know the killer’s identity."

What's amazing is the author seems to think there's more than one person involved, perhaps up to four. Were there fraternities at this campus? I can't think of any other reason there would be a group effort to murder someone. I wonder if this theory has changed since 2004.

Thanks, maconrich...but that's the old article. I saw that yesterday and at the bottom it said "as published in April 2004 issue." I started reading it and realized I had read it before. Maybe it's just the same article with new stuff added for the Nov. issue??

oops, sorry about that :( I'm lost then, unless like you ask new info was added??

"One man committed this murder. Another may have helped. As many as two looked on. Two, maybe more, know the killer’s identity."

What's amazing is the author seems to think there's more than one person involved, perhaps up to four. Were there fraternities at this campus? I can't think of any other reason there would be a group effort to murder someone. I wonder if this theory has changed since 2004.

I've been reading this thread since Friday. One thing that it sounded like was an initiation. Don't know what it would be an initiation for.

I think the author was referring to the fact that initially, 2 men were reported to be seen leaving the core. Those two men, along with the library worker who reported seeing the two men and Betsy in the core, and the people who reported seeing the two men as they fled the core, are who he is talking about.

However, one of the things we've confirmed is that there was only 1 man who left the core.

It's not on the website yet -- you have to order a copy of SCM from the publisher, or pick one up in State College -- but the 11/08 article clears up a few items, and paves the way for what will be some really interesting stuff coming in January.

There wasn't enough magazine space for November for the full article so it got bumped to January 09 and the 11/08 teaser article came out.

I read that 5,000 people had been interviewed about Betsy's murder. She took a bus back from Hershey. Just grasping at straws, but could someone on the bus have become fixated with her?

Plus her story is passed down from generation to generation as a scary story in the college community.

So in a way he has colored Penn State forever with her blood.

Derek

I know I'm way behind here, but I will say that I was at a conference several years ago, and I heard some librarians from Penn State talking. One very young one was saying that there was a "myth" that someone was once murdered in the stacks at Penn State. I quickly disabused her of that notion.
Jackson

I know I'm way behind here, but I will say that I was at a conference several years ago, and I heard some librarians from Penn State talking. One very young one was saying that there was a "myth" that someone was once murdered in the stacks at Penn State. I quickly disabused her of that notion.
Jackson

Yes, it has taken on the mythical status...A lot of people in the younger generation believe it's an urban legend.

Yes, it has taken on the mythical status...A lot of people in the younger generation believe it's an urban legend.
A myth.If only that was true.
How are things going Littlehorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members