GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, Florida's not the best place to disappear, really. A constant influx in and out of the state during season with no really huge cities in which to blend. We have medium-size cities with large suburban sprawl. And since a large portion of our population is from the NE, then anyone from there will end up seeing someone they know.;)

We live in Dunedin, near Clearwater, and we just saw our Clearwater pediatrician standing in the line for Dumbo.

If I ever had to flee, I'd probably choose the NW Territory of Canada. <G>

Lol, I'm from Dunedin. Small world

The mom makes me disgusted. If she needed to get away she could have walked way, not staged anything left a note behind I'm leaving. But now she has caused alot of heartache, when she should have been setting good examples for her babys, she runs off and leaves two behind, takes one and then I'm sure the 9 year old heard mommy telling 911 were kidnapped, and mom had told her to be quiet the whole time. Then the 15 year old is old enough to know mom left me on purpose and took sister to disneyland why not me and will have to face the embrrassing effect as well kids can be cruel and will probably toss that in her face and wonder why her mom would just leave her behind. Anyway my point is this mother must have been determined to forget about the rest of her family and start a new life with her daughter. No way I would ever get up and leave on of my babys behind, to go through the extremes of abduction, fake identification etc says alot about her intentions. I am thankful they are okay.

While I'm thankful they are okay - what about the taxpayers who are going to have to pay for this (LE search, court costs, etc). And what about my nerves! Does this idiot know how much missing children mean to me -- and to do is so WILLINGLY is horrific for other "real" missing children.

It's like the ol' calling wolf story, and makes me mad as all get out!

Mel

While I'm thankful they are okay - what about the taxpayers who are going to have to pay for this (LE search, court costs, etc). And what about my nerves! Does this idiot know how much missing children mean to me -- and to do is so WILLINGLY is horrific for other "real" missing children.

Mel[/QUOTE
Yea as im thankful everyone is ok im also pissed at the ,time,effort and prayers thats been wasted today when could have been focused on someone else.Like the BD case which has grown cold.God Bless this child]

Press conf. was just shown on Greta.....stolen DL from co-worker....lots of charges....bio dad is on the way to get his daughter...

I still think she would not leave her other two children for good.
And her husband is . . . I don't know, something still doesn't sit well.
Maybe the husband knew about all of this. Maybe he planned to join her with the other two children at some point. It doesn't seem the oldest child knew, but maybe he planned to clue her in later.

I don't know? When I read the husband's interview something just didn't seem right. And from the beginning I felt she wouldn't leave 2 of the 3 children behind, especially one she worked so hard to get.

Mel

While I hate the waste of money, it seems that LE did a great job, they appear to have covered every angle from the start of this incident. Great practice run for the real thing, and good way to come up with ways to improve the next time.

While I hate the waste of money, it seems that LE did a great job, they appear to have covered every angle from the start of this incident. Great practice run for the real thing, and good way to come up with ways to improve the next time.

Yes i also think that LE did a terrific job.

Supposedly, a video is about to be released from Orlando....

Listening to the news conference, this woman has a long trail of abused vicitms. I feel sorry for her nine year old daughter that must have witnessed her mother's arrest and is now waiting for her father to get her in Florida. This poor child must be so confused.

Does PPD manifest itself with stealing, lying, deceiving, and fleeing. They said she has been taking money and paying for parts of this trip for weeks. She was a paralegal and is suspected of taking money from a charity.

I still think she would not leave her other two children for good.
And her husband is . . . I don't know, something still doesn't sit well.
Maybe the husband knew about all of this. Maybe he planned to join her with the other two children at some point. It doesn't seem the oldest child knew, but maybe he planned to clue her in later.

I don't know? When I read the husband's interview something just didn't seem right. And from the beginning I felt she wouldn't leave 2 of the 3 children behind, especially one she worked so hard to get.

He seemed really broken up on the Today show this morning. I don't think he did anything to deserve to go through what he must have been feeling.

I don't care what the woman's excuse is. Besides cruelly scaring everyone who loved her and Julia to death, She stole $300K. She's no better than a bank robber, she just got more money. The average take on a bank robbery is only about $2K. Just cause you take the money tidily instead of through confrontation does not mean you still are not a thief.

I think she ran because she was getting nervous about being caught and took the easiest child to care for along for company.

He seemed really broken up on the Today show this morning.

I don't care what the woman's excuse is. She stole $300K. She's no better than a bank robber, she just got more money. The average take on a bank robbery is only about $2K.

I think she ran because she was getting nervous about being caught and took the easiest child to care for along for company.

I think the guy on the Today SHow is Julia's dad. Bonnie's former husband.
She has a husband who did not go on TV to make any pleas for a safe return. He didn't speak to the media at all until after they found her in FL.

It's a shame that this will be national news for days to come, yet people who are still missing in this world do not get the attention so desparately needed.

What about Adji? Haleigh? Jennifer Kesse? Brandy Hall? It just appalls me that this woman (a poor excuse for a human being in my opinion) is getting all this attention.

It's a shame that this will be national news for days to come, yet people who are still missing in this world do not get the attention so desparately needed.

What about Adji? Haleigh? Jennifer Kesse? Brandy Hall? It just appalls me that this woman (a poor excuse for a human being in my opinion) is getting all this attention.

Tragic and true.

And before long we will get all the "reasons" for this scam.

This just makes me mad! With all the real horrors and abductions going on in the world, why would anyone even want to make something like this up??
I haven't read this thread, I just saw the news before and wanted to see if there were any updates and now this:furious:
Stupid woman:mad:

Yes, it is horrible what she did, and horrifying the community and her family... just so selfish.

But THANK GOD they're ok! After going through the Sandra Cantu thing here in Tracy, and following the Nevaeh case, I am just glad that two dead bodies won't be showing up in this case.

Kinda reminds me of the "runaway" bride gal that created that whole story to get out of her wedding....

Yes, it is horrible what she did, and horrifying the community and her family... just so selfish.

But THANK GOD they're ok! After going through the Sandra Cantu thing here in Tracy, and following the Nevaeh case, I am just glad that two dead bodies won't be showing up in this case.

Kinda reminds me of the "runaway" bride gal that created that whole story to get out of her wedding....

Me too. It reminds me a lot of the runaway bride girl. I'll just never understand some people..

But, you're right. Thank goodness they're ok.

I can't believe what she did only constitutes two misdemeanor charges!! :furious: They may as well just write her a couple of tickets and send her on her way. Sheesh!

I can't believe what she did only constitutes two misdemeanor charges!! :furious: They may as well just write her a couple of tickets and send her on her way. Sheesh!

She can still be held responsible, money-wise: the state of Pennsylvania can make her pay the tab that was accrued from searching for her and her daughter. I think the Runaway Bride was leveed with the bill that mounted from her personally-crafted hoax.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back