GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ktla.com/news/ktla-mom-girl-abducted,0,2135103.story

She then reportedly took her daughter to a Disney theme park.

I was going to make a snide remark about how maybe she wanted to take her daughter to Disney World but I didn't think anyone would believe me. I think she is going to go for some sort of mental defense.

I thought the same thing, DG!!!!! Most flights landing in Orlando do the traditional welcome to Orlando, but also add in a Disney World greeting. So... all day that people have been worried, her tail was at Disney World. Thank goodness her daughter is okay...

Orlando, of course! Slightly off topic, but, I lived in Orlando for 21 years,and only moved a year ago. During the last 5 years I lived there the news became increasingly worse. Just figures I leave and then one of the most bizarre cases of all times happens - KC and the whole crew. My children went to the elementary school with some of Judge Strickland's children. He is an honorable, upstanding family man. God bless him for what he has had to deal with this year. Back to this case - I don't think Ms. Sweeten needed to go to Disney to visit Fantasyland as she lives in it! Hope they get her soon, and hope she has not managed to catch a flight from Orlando out of the country.

I agree and I don't think it has to do with going underground because of her child. She would have been far better off to just go rather than making up a ridiculous story knowing LE would be looking for them everywhere.

I think she is a coward and knew what was coming. She had embezzled money. I think she knew her life was going to drastically change.

She reminds me of the other case about a year ago where an attorney had pretended she was kidnapped only to be found out to be a liar. She too was embezzling money.

If Julia was being abused and there is absolutely no evidence of that then she certainly wouldn't have left her 8 month old behind knowing that the father would get custody.

imo

I was going to make a snide remark about how maybe she wanted to take her daughter to Disney World but I didn't think anyone would believe me. I think she is going to go for some sort of mental defense.

I could not get that link to open for me, Disney??? WTF??? People are going nuts looking for them and she takes her daughter to Disney??? Im so glad they are both safe tho, now the mom will have to face up to what she has done

I think she took her to Disney because she knew it wasn't going to be long before she was arrested for stealing $300,000. She may have thought if she didn't do it now then she wouldn't get a chance.

imoo

Crazy. That's all I can say. Spent most of my day on the computer looking for updates and she (the mom) is in Disney World?! I haven't even been able to take my kids to Disney world. BUT, I am glad that they are both safe.

OT, some of the posts about all the crazy stuff happening if Florida, were cracking me up!

She brought the attention on herself maybe she setting herself up for the I am crazy defense..

The mom makes me disgusted. If she needed to get away she could have walked way, not staged anything left a note behind I'm leaving. But now she has caused alot of heartache, when she should have been setting good examples for her babys, she runs off and leaves two behind, takes one and then I'm sure the 9 year old heard mommy telling 911 were kidnapped, and mom had told her to be quiet the whole time. Then the 15 year old is old enough to know mom left me on purpose and took sister to disneyland why not me and will have to face the embrrassing effect as well kids can be cruel and will probably toss that in her face and wonder why her mom would just leave her behind. Anyway my point is this mother must have been determined to forget about the rest of her family and start a new life with her daughter. No way I would ever get up and leave on of my babys behind, to go through the extremes of abduction, fake identification etc says alot about her intentions. I am thankful they are okay.

Well, I had already made a smart remark. I said that Bonnie Sweeten did not need to go to Disney to see Fantasyland because she was already living in it. My family does not share my love of sleuthing and often asks me why I do. Yet they watch CSI: SVU and others. I tell them that with real crime stories as bizarre as they are, why would anyone need to watch made for TV crime stories? This case just proves that you can't make up stuff like this!

Yikes, after all the drama, 911 calls, abducted in the trunk, fake ID's, and she went to DISNEY :furious: !!!! I might have believed fear for her life, her daughter's safety, but (26 WS pages) later she went to Disney. Yep, lots of explaining to do!

Thank goodness the little girl was found safe. That's all I can say.

Holy $h!t :eek:

Hey Marla
Just wanted to let ya know your avatar is way too funny:crazy: I just came over here from Rumor Thread to see the updates on the case, and I just had to comment on your avi. LMAO literally:clap:

well... since it appears she was not fleeing for the little girls safety...
I am hopping the fence.

HANG HER! :furious:

Sad thing is, her children, now she will be going to prison and the girls will be left with no mother at home, I feel so bad for the girls

Pure speculation, but with the Disney Park thing, and the one child taken, and the Dr. appointment....I hope that there is not some serious health problem for the child. But then, if the fake ID info is true, I don't know how that fits in.

Authorities have learned from multiple sources, according to Philly.com, that Bonnie Sweeten was having financial difficulties.

Imagine that? I am sure she isn't the only one. I am not wealthy and struggle to get by as well at times most people do. But I have my family we have a roof over our head clothes on our backs and food in our mouth, I consider myself blessed. She wasted resources that could have been used to help other people having real problems. I don't feel sympathy for this woman at all! I feel for the people she has hurt.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1789592/bonnie_sweeten_abducted_herself_and.html?cat=9

I wanna know was her little girl sitting beside her as she made her "frantic" 911 calls?

Twisted b!tch!

Wow, you guys are fast! I first started reading this thread as the news was breaking around 3pm this afternoon, and now the thread is up to 26 pages. All I can say is that you guys are amazing.

Upon hearing the first reports, I felt something wasn't right. Two ominous black men whom the mother couldn't describe spontaneously kidnapping her and her daughter in the middle of the afternoon on a busy street, and throwing them in the trunk no less, with absolutely no witnesses? Uh uh. I doubted that from the beginning.

Now the question is whyshe did what she did. Insanity? Maybe. But none of her family members, friends, in-laws, or co-workers are coming out with any statements supporting past or present mental issues. And then there is the theft of the $300,000. Perhaps she was just sick of her life. She had a new baby in the home, perhaps the stress of a newborn was too much. So over time she stole a bunch of money from her employer and came up with the abduction story, probably hoping her and her daughter would remain "missing" and eventually be presumed murdered or gone forever so she could start a new life. Why did she choose Julia instead of the other kids? Like I said, the newborn would be too much of a hindrance, and the 15-year old would be too old to go along with such a scheme. Children of Julia's age are easier to convince that "something happened" and we "must go start a new life". I believe this fiasco was probably planned at least a couple of months in advance.

I have no idea why she would choose Florida, though. Granted, many parts of it are extremely beautiful, but being from the Northeast, I've found that many people in this area tend to see all of Florida as some kind of Shangri-La, with blue waters and sandy beaches - ultimately as one big theme park (hence the Disney World connection.)

Anyway, like all of you I'm extremely anxious to see how all this plays out. Its hard to believe, that in this day and age, with cameras everywhere, a woman of this age could believe she could hop on a plane with her daughter to Orlando without being seen, by cameras or witnesses. Or maybe we Websleuthers are just more educated on that kind of thing. Who knows?

And of course, all of the above is just my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx
Back