GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sure Bonnie and her husband accumulated a lot of bills during their infertility. They tried for years to conceive this baby. My brother and his wife have spent over $100,000.
After all of this she leaves her baby home. Strange.....

Yeah, Florida's not the best place to disappear, really. A constant influx in and out of the state during season with no really huge cities in which to blend. We have medium-size cities with large suburban sprawl. And since a large portion of our population is from the NE, then anyone from there will end up seeing someone they know.;)

We live in Dunedin, near Clearwater, and we just saw our Clearwater pediatrician standing in the line for Dumbo.

If I ever had to flee, I'd probably choose the NW Territory of Canada. <G>

Wow, well, my apologies to the husband for thinking he might have been up to no good ... can't believe she made up a crime to get on a plane and go to Disney to escape her financial problems ... what a crazy story this ended up being! :eek:

NG has finally caught up to "Breaking News".....

I watched a movie with similar plot not long ago. A father was going to be arrested for something, knew the charges were coming down, and took his son to an amusement park to have one last good day. Maybe she gets Showtime on Demand, too. Heh.

I think she took her to Disney because she knew it wasn't going to be long before she was arrested for stealing $300,000. She may have thought if she didn't do it now then she wouldn't get a chance.

imoo

If your idea is correct, this mom let her family think she and her young daughter had been kidnapped so she could take the kid to Disneyland. What is wrong with people??!! She is not in some "Thelma and Louise" movie where she gets to have some last "fantasy" excursion with her child. I feel sorry for her oldest daughter that was left behind to worry about the safety of her mother and little sister. What she has left for her children is a legacy of deception and hurt.

Mom is a piece of work.

wow ,so i have set and read this thread and watched tv all dang day worried about this mother and her child and she in Disney World? What a waste of manpower and taxpayers money .She should be billed for every resource that was used looking for her.Someone had stated that her daughter had a doctors app.and maybe she was sick and mom wanted to take her on a vacation.Well if that is so why in the crap couldn't she tell her hubby and do it the correct way,with her other children.I still cant believe this lady was out having a blast when so many people were looking for her.What a loser

I hope this costs her dearly. I will be so ticked if they slap her hands and let it go. What a B*TCH!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522399,00.html

So they have her in custody apparently? Geez what a psycho to do this, especially to her 15 yr old daughter

I think she has deeply hurt so many. She just walks out with no warning and creates this horrible story for her family to digest. She just betrays her husband and leaves him with their young baby and a distraught step daughter, who was asking everyone to please pray for her mom and sister.

It is beyond cruel what she has done imo. No regard for those left behind to try and deal with all of this that has been unfolding at lightning speed.

I don't think her husband even knew she had embezzled money. She probably made up some big lie and told him she quit. So now what has she done that has bettered her family? Not a da*n thing. She has shamed and humiliated them.

imo

Sad thing is, her children, now she will be going to prison and the girls will be left with no mother at home, I feel so bad for the girls

Exactly!! Can you imagine what the 15 y.o. is going to go through at school? Kid's can be cruel and 15 is hard enough without one of your parents doing something such as this.:mad:

I usually hate it when people cite PPD as a defense, but this just kinda screams it to me. This is really irrational behavior with a total lack of common sense.

If someone runs across her mug shot, please post it so I can print it off and use it in the bottom of my trash can. Thanks~

Wow, you guys are fast! I first started reading this thread as the news was breaking around 3pm this afternoon, and now the thread is up to 26 pages. All I can say is that you guys are amazing.

Upon hearing the first reports, I felt something wasn't right. Two ominous black men whom the mother couldn't describe spontaneously kidnapping her and her daughter in the middle of the afternoon on a busy street, and throwing them in the trunk no less, with absolutely no witnesses? Uh uh. I doubted that from the beginning.

Now the question is whyshe did what she did. Insanity? Maybe. But none of her family members, friends, in-laws, or co-workers are coming out with any statements supporting past or present mental issues. And then there is the theft of the $300,000. Perhaps she was just sick of her life. She had a new baby in the home, perhaps the stress of a newborn was too much. So over time she stole a bunch of money from her employer and came up with the abduction story, probably hoping her and her daughter would remain "missing" and eventually be presumed murdered or gone forever so she could start a new life. Why did she choose Julia instead of the other kids? Like I said, the newborn would be too much of a hindrance, and the 15-year old would be too old to go along with such a scheme. Children of Julia's age are easier to convince that "something happened" and we "must go start a new life". I believe this fiasco was probably planned at least a couple of months in advance.

I have no idea why she would choose Florida, though. Granted, many parts of it are extremely beautiful, but being from the Northeast, I've found that many people in this area tend to see all of Florida as some kind of Shangri-La, with blue waters and sandy beaches - ultimately as one big theme park (hence the Disney World connection.)

Anyway, like all of you I'm extremely anxious to see how all this plays out. Its hard to believe, that in this day and age, with cameras everywhere, a woman of this age could believe she could hop on a plane with her daughter to Orlando without being seen, by cameras or witnesses. Or maybe we Websleuthers are just more educated on that kind of thing. Who knows?

And of course, all of the above is just my opinion.

Thats the thing why did she call 911?... she could have gotten away with it for while only police and family involved before she was caught.... she seems to want attention..

I usually hate it when people cite PPD as a defense, but this just kinda screams it to me. This is really irrational behavior with a total lack of common sense.
Oh, I don't think so. This was planned down to the minute! This wasn't irrational behavior. Getting on a plane with her daughter to go to Disney World without telling anyone would be considered an irrational act. Calling 911 no less than 7 times to pretend an abduction of a 9 year old and herself occurred is criminal and a premeditated, rational decision. She isn't having emotional issues...she is creating them for her children.

Thats the thing why did she call 911?... she could have gotten away with it for while only police and family involved before she was caught.... she seems to want attention..

I thought it odd too. First thing came to mind was all newer cars have an inside switch to get the trunk open. Now that I'm here reading up, I'm just shocked she would do this to her family.

And why oh why does she have to blame it on "a black dude did it". Geeeezzzz.....is she pen pals with Susan Smith or something?

I would have found it more believable if she were on the same bridge with Christopher Coleman ;)

Mel

can't WAIT to find out who the other woman was in the surv. video!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1
Back