PA PA - Brian Wells, 46, Erie, 28 Aug 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But one thing is very evident - whomever devised this "plot" was very bright, disturbed and devious.

I "weigh in" that Bill was the person who was the mastermind behind this.....and the accomplices were just following him and going by his direction.

Bill or Stockton I would tend to agree with that. I still think Penetti may have been involved in some way and regretted it and committed suicide. His story is weird unto itself. The "clue game" played was so similar to the "Great Erie Key Hunt" was so similar to the note it makes me wonder if someone close to Wells was involved.

I would love to see that whole note.

amnesiac said:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/pp/05224/552896.stm

i hope that works (im not computer savvy).
It work just fine for me...It's a shame it's been this long and they still not cought these people that did this to this poor simple guy that was doing he's best to make a living...LE in this case sure made some mistake's that make's me wonder if they just maybe they trying to cover there own behind's more than catching these people that did this. To me the bomb design was very "rookie" made!! look's like a 1st year shop student could made it. I never thought it be this long where's ATF?, FBI,

Did anyone watch last night's AMW? They did a fairly comprehensive overview of the case as it stands.

I have to say, the female sounds very suspicious. I'm wondering if she was the "ringleader" behind this. Thoughts?

I live about 60 miles SE of Erie. The town next to Erie is called Corry, Corry's prefix for their phone numbers is 664 and also there is a 665 prefix. What I find to be interesting is that the Corry Metal Products companies phone number is 814-664-7087 now this normaly may not be important BUT the phone number that is scribled on the paper (thats what I believe that it is) goes like this 664 then the last two digits they have are 07 but what if they got it wrong and the last two digits are 87 and I think that the RC may be someone who worked there like a contact.:twocents: I don't know alot about metal machining even though my father worked in a machine shop years ago, but I do question how an intricate piece of work like that collar bomb could be made in a garage or a basement in someones home?

Saw this on AMW this weekend, and I was totally enthralled by the case. It reminded me of that horror movie SAW on a few different levels. Just the idea of that torture bomb device was enough to scare me. I really felt for this mans family.

This sort of reminds me of Saw, also.

I was just reading on AMW about the Guess shirt that Wells was wearing. This was the first i had seen mention of the shirt. They say it was not made by the well known Guess company, but maybe sold by a street vender. Anybody else find this intersting? Apparently the bad guys put the shirt on him after placing the bomb on him. So finding the source of the shirt could maybe find who bought it?

Also, is there anything significant to their signing the note "The Troubleshooters" ?

There are alot of places around here that sell "bootleg" shirts, purses, etc. that are MADE to look namebrand. I doubt that finding the person (s) who manufactured or sold the product would make much difference. I doubt they keep any records of whom purchased the goods.

LinasK said:
Thanks for locating these articles Mysteriew! I hope they clear Brian Wells name- it's bad enough he died while police didn't believe him and get the bomb squad there soon enough, it was outrageous when they accused him of plotting his own death!!! Who would chose to do that? Even suicide bombers don't chain the bombs to their necks!
This is what made me so mad. I think that the police should have acted in a more expeditious fashion. Maybe, they could have saved this guy's life. How horrible for him and his family.

Very interesting. I will be curious to see what they say really happened.

I could be 7 ways to stupid on this; but, I always thought he was telling the truth. I saw it in his mannerisms, I heard it in his words, and I sensed it in through the tone of his voice.

Lion

Every character involved in the story is weird and/or creepy in some respect. Especially the folks that may be named in the indictment. I had a hard time keeping all the players straight, but IIRC, they all knew each other for many years and were kind of intertwined somehow. If this was, in fact, some kind of sick joke that many people were in on, I hope every one of them is charged with first degree murder.

LionRun said:
I could be 7 ways to stupid on this; but, I always thought he was telling the truth. I saw it in his mannerisms, I heard it in his words, and I sensed it in through the tone of his voice.

Lion

I have always believed him, too. He looked so desperate, so nervous, so panicked; I will be shocked if it turns out he was involved. I am amazed at the cops calling him calm.....I interpreted it so differently. I remember rapid blinking, an uncomfortable looking seated position on the ground, shifting a lot.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996
Back