GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe it was her ex-boyfriend who abducted her. The man in the video looks just like her ex. I pray he keeps her alive. Its horrible how women and children are the prey of society.

I don't recall seeing a picture of her ex. Has there been one posted in msm somewhere?

That link says they know his identity and believe he is the same man in the abduction video, but have not called him a suspect.

Eh?

What am I missing here? We have the person who grabbed Calesha on video, although cannot identify him from it. Then we have person on video using her ATM card. Same person in convenience store. Makes sense to link those. Then we have man, who may or may not be same person, on grocery store video. Woman finds items on her property. The only thing that links grocery store person to grabby guy, at this time, is pieces of glass. And, I agree, looks like he was cleaning out his car. Wonder where trash was found, in her yard, trash can, etc? LE has some one's fingerprints.

While I was writing this, you all posted his identity is known. Yeah!

I haven't been following missing cases for long (I'm usually a murder true crime reader), but are all these video releases typical? If not I do wonder if LE took their cue from the Hannah Graham case and the successful and quick ID of that POI based on all the media attention and releasing of video.

The only thing I can think is that once he is a suspect officially maybe they HAVE to release his name, and they don't want to yet, because they are close or have other info. Maybe?

Staw, I wondered that as well. Once they release his name he too knows they know. Right now he may be thinking they've ID'd the wrong guy. If he is keeping Carlesha somewhere it's in her best interest to keep him as clueless and calm as possible.

LE may be hoping he will lead them to her, but I have a really bad feeling about this.

What am I missing here? We have the person who grabbed Calesha on video, although cannot identify him from it. Then we have person on video using her ATM card. Same person in convenience store. Makes sense to link those. Then we have man, who may or may not be same person, on grocery store video. Woman finds items on her property. The only thing that links grocery store person to grabby guy, at this time, is pieces of glass. And, I agree, looks like he was cleaning out his car. Wonder where trash was found, in her yard, trash can, etc? LE has some one's fingerprints.

My guess is that all the pics and video got a lot of calls of people ID'ing him . LE looked him up in the data base and figured that was him but not 100 % . Woman calls in trash tip and they dust that for prints, match it to Name they had already and now they know without a doubt he is the one they want to talk to .

They know his identity, but are not calling him a suspect. Why would this be?

I've noticed that the media has been mostly stating that the guy in the two store videos is the same guy who allegedly used Carlesha's card in the ATM video but I'm not sure that there has been any PROOF as yet that stores/ATM guy is the same person as in the terrible abduction video. Clearly everybody including LE knows that the chances of it being a different person are incredibly slim, but perhaps for future legal proceedings' sake they're careful of flat-out calling him the abductor?

LE have to consider so many factors in this media-filled world on top of doing their actual job.

I am sorry for my ignorance, but I am not familiar with zip ties, of course I have heard of them on this board and TV but I just don't know what they are or used for? I would stab a guess at it's some type of restraint, I would be very grateful if someone could explain please?

A zip tie

Attachments

• zip.jpg
    zip.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 263
This seems to be a trend lately. LE seems to have so much evidence and info, but they stop short of giving out a name or calling a POI a suspect. I don't know the reason behind it, but it's got to be strategic.

No negative thinking ! They're going to find her tonight ! They know who he is so they know his address, his work place, his friends, his haunts, his vehicle, etc.
Carlesha is just around the corner now ! :) :) :)

:cheer::cheer::cheer: BELIEVE

The fact that law enforcement is not immediately releasing his name is a good sign. It's typical for them to play close to the vest when they are on a hot trail during an investigation, especially if the FBI is involved. I think they know a heck of a lot more right now than we can ever guess and, imo, the way that law enforcement has played this since the abduction tells me that they are doing everything right so far. Competent investigators (along with the strong video evidence) gives me the feeling that we will see a conclusion to this case in the next few hours or days. I just pray that the conclusion includes Carlesha being delivered safe and sound to her family. Finding this guy is one step, but finding poor Carlesha is yet another. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member