GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You see in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RxBZY7j_dM
played .25 speed youtube time
2:02 secs his left arm is swinging as he pivots and follows her, then swings more broadly as she turns and faces him.
2:04 they shake hands
2:06 his left hand is in his belly area hidden.
2:08 you see her back away, then he springs at her.
2:09 you see a glint high by their heads, a glint up by their heads again at 2:11, by 2:12 you don't see it anymore.
2:14 an item flies up to the left past a car, her head is down, his right arm forcing it.
2:19 you see his right hand around the back of her neck, perhaps a glint by her neck.
2:25 to 2:27, as she's managed to pull herself away from the car, you see some item to the left, just behind the car, around the time she's kicking.
2:28, Carlesha Gaither is on the ground, for a bit. She is then turned around, with her head now toward the car. He's over her and she struggle less for a bit, then he drags her into the back seat, you see evidence of a struggle as the car moves until
2:41, where you catch a glimpse of him as he may have slammed the back driver's side door shut.
2:47 to :50, the light goes on when it flickers, then back on at :51 until :58 (all the while the tail end is moving, and the other car starts backing off).
3:05, the light goes on, there's a last bounce at 3:08, the car stills
3:11 the brake lights turn off and the car pulls out at 3:12.

It finally loaded for me. I heard the same small talk & interesting comments about how many videos there are, according to the men speaking in the background. http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Reward-Germantown-Abduction-281446151.html

I also noticed Carlesha held up her hand *before* the perp held up his. Anyone else see that?

I know this is horrible quality but it's directly from the video in question. She does in fact reach up with her arm first, as if she's handing him something.

View attachment 62815

I'm thinking she handed him her wallet, thinking he would go away after she gave him what he asked for. But instead he attacked her.

Yes, he looks so bulked up to me.. Hood up, too. Seems like he's definitely disguising..

If she were on a bus, I think it's weird she didn't call her bf to meet her and then is approached by a stranger. The horrible coincidence of that possible scenario is so scary.

I'm interested on your take from the new video just released. It makes me think she doesn't know him, and he asks for something (money? I dunno) and as soon as she reached out she realizes she needs to get out ASAP.. Having audio would be so helpful!

Reminds me of the killings in Dearborn at the Family Dollar store last summer (two employees were killed)

The surveillance of the suspect was important in that one also.

And he was also clearly bulked up, to some extent, and wearing a puffer jacket with the hood up (in July!) As you can see, clearly intentional:
22853329_BG3.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2013/07/dearborn_police_arrest_suspect.html

Interestingly, very similar family comments early on from the female employee (who at that point was missing - the coworker was found dead in the store) as we saw in this case from the get go also:

"One guy in particular kept making threatening Facebook messages to her. This kid used to come in and harass her at the store, and she'd have to ask him to leave or whatever because he was stoned."

Brenna's father said he does not recognize the man in the surveillance video.

A persistent person who wouldn't really take "no" in terms of unwanted advances, and family having ideas but not recognizing the person per se.

And also like this case, there were multiple people there essentially as the incident happened and/or withing moments of it:
Dearborn police said Wednesday they'd like to speak with two female customers seen in the store around 7:30 p.m. Monday, just prior to the incident taking place.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...ating-robbery-homicide-at-family-dollar-store

But why then drive to the Aberdeen atm?I still think he knew her from when she lived there and disguised himself.

I wonder if he might actually be more "in the know" than was thought, and perhaps might know there was someone back in MD that would be a likely suspect or POI (like this Brandon who had the name come out) and went there to use it because it would possibly lead LE away from his real identity and hopefully make them think it was someone from earlier in her life?

The only reference to a knife I've seen so far was from The Daily Fail in the UK. As many here like to say, they're not very accurate but they do manage to get some amazing pics ;) During the presser today LE never mentioned a knife at the scene, just auto glass, Carlesha's glasses and her phone. Has another msm source mentioned a knife, besides The Daily Mail?

From CBS Local in Philly:

An eyewitness, who doesn’t want to show his face, called 911. He had been walking the opposite side of the street when he heard her scream.

“‘Help me, help me,’ and I turned around and I just started running up,” he said. “I called the cops as I’m like yo screaming stop, stop, stop. He’s dragging her to the car.”

He says her abductor had a large knife.
Investigators say as she was forced into the car, her glasses and cell phone were dropped onto the road.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...te-possible-abduction-of-woman-in-germantown/

A number of other sources state the same and say it came from what the witness told CBS Local in Philly.

I'm guessing they've dropped mentioning the knife b/c there's a reason they don't want it out there.

NBC Chicago also says it, only attributing it to the police:

Detectives identified the victim as Carlesha Freeland-Gaither after finding her smartphone and glasses on the sidewalk. A knife and glove were also recovered, police said.

https://www.facebook.com/nbcchicago/posts/10154789127000725

I've watched this video over and over.
Check out the tail lights on the car.
Is it just me, or do they go on and off repeatedly? At first I thought they were reflections from the lights of the car that pulled in, but they're not.
You can see that he hits her, puts her in the back seat, they struggle, he opens the driver's side door to get in, and then pulls away. Just as he pulls away, the tail of the car is still moving.
Either Carlesha is still fighting at this point on her own, or there is someone in the back seat with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs&app=desktop

ETA: link

BP pointed out the same thing and created a nifty little timeline and everything from the brake lights!

Here is the time sequence on the video as I see it (I think the brake lights are an important part of figuring out the timeline of how/when she was subdued in the car).

2:15 - Perp & Carlesha go out of view of camera
2:22 - You see perp's shadow leave back door area and move to driver's door
2:27 - Car bounces down as if perp is getting in front seat
2:29 - Brake lights go on (stay on)
2:29 - 2:40 - Car is shaking/rocking (brakes lights are still on)
2:40 - Brake lights go off
2:40 - 2:46 - Car is shaking/rocking (brake lights are still off)
2:42 - Other car on street backs out
2:46 - Brake lights go on
2:50 - Car stops shaking/rocking
2:55 - Perp pulls out

I think she breaks the windows out between 2:29 and 2:40 and at 2:40 to 2:46 the perp takes foot off the brake/turns around to subdue her, then takes off. I am hoping at 2:42 when the other car backs out that it really wasn't a gunshot he heard.

All the video in this case - already - is just amazing!

That knife... if it was Carlesha, I hope she got some licks in with it, and he has injuries as a result!

If it's not her knife, then I hope there are fingerprints that can be match to a prior crime!

Someway, somehow, this guy needs to be shut down!

Do we know for sure if the car behind them heard shots? I know that was speculated, but I wasn't sure if that had been confirmed.

From while WSers were transcribing the presser. Doesn't address what that person said, but does about what they heard on audio.

And they DID say they heard the glass break (so presumably they'd have heard a shot fired also)

Won't comment on audio...just said there's no indication of a gun shot by video or audio.

At this point, I am hoping he was a stalker that is obsessed with her. Because maybe that will keep her alive. But if he just wanted her atm card and pin number, then,,,,:cry:

This story is bothering me so bad...i can't stand it. :(
I know everyone is feeling this way, but i guess i just needed to log in and say it too :(
I wouldn't even go out alone tonight...i don't know when or if i will anytime soon...

I watched the original video over and over again and I can't make out anything when they are at the end of the street before he drags her to the car. I can't even see where she was standing when he crossed the street. I can't see a "handshake" or any type of contact at all nor if he talks to her or she talks to him, nothing. And the link to the newer second video of the abduction where there are people talking, I click on the video arrow and all it does it makes the still picture smaller and plays no video at all. So I am so lost as to what happened between them on the street prior to the abduction.

I feel like he knew she would be on that bus and he knew what time it was scheduled to arrive. His timing was just too perfect to be random IMO. Maybe she doesn't know him, but he's been watching her.

Man, she's a fighter. I hope she is alive, but I don't think this will end well.

I watched the original video over and over again and I can't make out anything when they are at the end of the street before he drags her to the car. I can't even see where she was standing when he crossed the street. I can't see a "handshake" or any type of contact at all nor if he talks to her or she talks to him, nothing. And the link to the newer second video of the abduction where there are people talking, I click on the video arrow and all it does it makes the still picture smaller and plays no video at all. So I am so lost as to what happened between them on the street prior to the abduction.

In the original video, she walks from left to right. As she crosses the street, she goes wide to her left...I'm guessing to avoid him? He then follows her exact movements and walks wide left and follows her. You can see her turn around, she knew he was there. She then stops, reaches out her right arm, and he grabs it then lunges at her. Were they going to shake hands or did she have mace or something with her?

In the original video, she walks from left to right. As she crosses the street, she goes wide to her left...I'm guessing to avoid him? He then follows her exact movements and walks wide left and follows her. You can see her turn around, she knew he was there. She then stops, reaches out her right arm, and he grabs it then lunges at her. Were they going to shake hands or did she have mace or something with her?

Maybe he asked for a dollar, or money for the bus.... Happens often where I'm from, so she gave it to him... Then he cowardly attacked her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena