GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A day late and a dollar short, again! Even though the discussion on forgiveness is over, I just wanted to add my opinion on it. Forgiveness doesn't mean you accept what was done, you don't hold the person responsible or you don't want them to pay for what was done (using my definition, others may define it differently.) What it does mean, to me, is letting go of the anger and resentment that can drain so much physical and emotional energy from you. It means moving on so you can heal properly and not allowing the other person to continue to drain the fun, love, time, energy and even life out of your life. MOO - by my definition, I also hope they can someday forgive, but I also hope he receives the maximum penalty for what he did and is never given the chance to do it again.

Hopefully, since Carlesha is alive, against ALL ODDS, that forgiveness will be easier to come by ! I agree with you . Forgiving is not a ' free pass'. I hope this guy gets the full weight of the law and never sees daylight again.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27318...more-possible-victims-linked-to-delvin-barnes
Lots more criminal history at this link.
Apparently, he abducted the Richmond teen somewhere between Richmond and Charles City. In addition, when he was paroled from PA last year, authorities there transferred his file to Williamsburg, VA.

The bomb threat charge, later reduced to trespassing and ultimately dropped on Oct 24, 2014, was for threats made in a Richmond, VA Walmart.

From your link above:

Sheriff Smith doesn't believe the Richmond and Philadelphia cases are connected, saying both are crimes of opportunity...poured bleach and gasoline on her and began digging a hole. Sheriff Smith believes the hole was meant to be the girl's grave, but he says she managed to run to safety while Barnes was momentarily distracted.

Sadistic. All three female victims of this sadist are heroines. These females are all lucky to be alive imo. He should never be released again.

From your link above:

Sheriff Smith doesn't believe the Richmond and Philadelphia cases are connected, saying both are crimes of opportunity...poured bleach and gasoline on her and began digging a hole. Sheriff Smith believes the hole was meant to be the girl's grave, but he says she managed to run to safety while Barnes was momentarily distracted.

Sadistic. All three female victims of this sadist are heroines. These females are all lucky to be alive imo. He should never be released again.

Oh my goodness. That poor girl! I can't imagine she, Carlesha and his ex are his only victims.

But, wouldn't that have been at the abduction sight where they already found the glass?

If parts of the window were still intact, he may have removed the rest and dumped it. It would have been much less conspicuous driving with nonoe of the remaining broken glass showing- this would look like the window was rolled down - rather than an obviously broken back window. I did read that when they were found and he was taken into custody, he had plastic covering the back window.

He seems like a serial killer too dumb to actually kill anyone thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness. That poor girl! I can't imagine she, Carlesha and his ex are his only victims.
His age, 37, is of most concern to me. He could have MANY victims. But at least we know that he was in prison from sometime in 2006 until the end of Nov 2013. But he was mostly free and mobile up until the age of 28 or 29.

He seems like a serial killer too dumb to actually kill anyone thank goodness.

Don't speak too soon!

I always think with these offenders there are likely to be other victims. If it's true he was digging a grave for the Oct 1st girl he could be capable of anything.... he already has a list of things he's been caught for. Same goes for Jesse Matthew.

His age, 37, is of most concern to me. He could have MANY victims. But at least we know that he was in prison from sometime in 2006 until the end of Nov 2013. But he was mostly free and mobile up until the age of 28 or 29.

Yes, I totally agree. I simply can't image he got out of prison and suddenly started escalating considering he was pretty old (for a criminal) when he went in. Like you said, he had many years prior to prison to hone his craft so to speak.

Don't speak too soon!

I always think with these offenders there are likely to be other victims. If it's true he was digging a grave for the Oct 1st girl he could be capable of anything.... he already has a list of things he's been caught for. Same goes for Jesse Matthew.

Exactly! Beating the ex-wife's mother when victim's parents intervened, making a bomb threat, hitting the teen victim over head with shovel, placing victim in trunk of vehicle, use of gasoline, bleach, digging hole, etc? We all saw the video of him in full blown predatory mode. His second known victim had already escaped from him approx a month before, LE searching his home approx 4 days prior to this last abduction...we saw the post-abduction videos, not a care in the world!

I've no degree in psych, but this predator is high up there on the psychopathy scale.

I just think if he had killed anyone prior he would have been so sloppy he would have been caught. He seems careless and brazen, but not smart enough to cover up any huge crimes. I hope I'm right on that atleast, but it wouldn't be the first time I have been wrong either!

I hope you're right too, Dogface.

I can't remember, but has it been verified that ATM guy is DB?

Earlier I had speculated Carlesha may have hit the windows out with a hammer she found in the car. Now I'm wondering it if was a shovel.

"Detectives got a break in the case from a woman living in Havre De Grace, Maryland. In her driveway, the woman found a bag of trash that included a receipt from an ACME supermarket in Northeast Philadelphia, a bag of Herr's potato chips and shattered glass."

Two questions, have they said what the shattered glass was from or why it was in her driveway? Also, I know that I read his father called LE. Do we know at what point over the four days he called?

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...nd-Police-Source-281698261.html#ixzz3IKCW6U38
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

I haven't been able to find any further details about the shattered glass, but, and I'm just guessing, glass from a shattered car window is pretty distinctive. That glass, along with a zip tie, that PA receipt, and a Herr's potato chip bag would really catch the attention of anyone who was following this case. Thank heavens she looked in the bag. I would have probably tossed it straight in the trash. I wonder if she was trying to figure out who was littering up her lawn, and accidently found a valuable link. Bless the lady, she's a natural detective.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27318...more-possible-victims-linked-to-delvin-barnes
Lots more criminal history at this link.
Apparently, he abducted the Richmond teen somewhere between Richmond and Charles City. In addition, when he was paroled from PA last year, authorities there transferred his file to Williamsburg, VA.

The bomb threat charge, later reduced to trespassing and ultimately dropped on Oct 24, 2014, was for threats made in a Richmond, VA Walmart.

I don't think they should be reducing or dropping ANYTHING when it is related to a violent criminal who is newly released from prison! Come on, now!!!!!!!! Obvi, anyone who has been all cured from jail would not be in trouble again so damn soon, especially with something serious like a bomb threat?!?!

<snip> &#8220;He witnessed it. He watched. He called the police twice. He waited for me. This man is a hero,&#8221; Sloan [detective & lead local investigator] said. He added that Fletcher should be given the $47,000 reward that was being offered in the case.

<snip> Meanwhile, the U.S. Attorney's Office filed federal kidnapping charges against Barnes Thursday evening.

Barnes admitted he abducted Freeland-Gaither and that she was chosen at random, according to the federal criminal complaint.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...llowing-Rescue-from-Abdcuction-281838241.html

More questions swirling...Okay. DB did not take 16-year-old child to a remote apartment/site after he kidnapped her. Nope, DB took her to mom and dad's house where he lived...And he raped, beat, tortured, burnt her clothes, sodimized her, splattered her with gas/bleach right before digging a hole in the yard potentially to bury her in. As we know, the girl escapes and runs naked for 2 miles for help.

Eh... Question: Were DB's parents out of town, or did they just not notice any of this? Hear anything? See strange hole in the backyard? This went on for 2-3 days. Just wondering.

"The girl told police that her abductor took her to his parents' house in Charles City County and sexually assaulted her. (Barnes' parents don't remember whether they were home at the time, the sheriff's captain said.)"...http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/06/justice/philadelphia-abduction-suspect/index.html
...Two days later, the suspect allegedly brought the then-naked girl into the backyard, poured bleach and gasoline on her, burned her clothes and dug a hole.
"How do you want to die?" he asked, the teenager told police...

The fact that he is saying he chose Carlesha randomly freaks me out. Seriously I dug in my heels that he knew her! He brings sicko to a new level. No hesitation, go get the girl. Crazy bravado.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official
Back