PA PA - Carol Dougherty, 9, Bristol, 22 Oct 1962

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
View attachment 29540This is the st mark the other day. Just to give you updated pic

I believe that is a masonic image. Just posting as an interest. Not implying a connection. Bottom right, 1913-23 somewhat similar but not exact.
Those eight lines in the center i have found line up exact as a occult symbol rather than a masonic image. Not sure whom the faces at the top and bottom represents.
attachment.php
ReligiousSymbols.jpg
th

I have searched ever Pa cemetery I can think of that is catholic and can not find a grave for this little one. Still searching. I just can not imagine they would have wanted her buried at that church. I looked on foot and found no such grave there.
I've been trying to get back to this thread all week i wanted to share more links, but it looks like you've found them now. I did a pretty exhaustive onlineat search of PA cemeteries and came up empty. There are more to search,aper though. No obit, either. I suppose measures were taken to protect the family's privacy, and the obit might have been kept out of the paper. Her dad ran the printing press at the local newspaper, iirc. Idk if that's significant, but it might be. At any rate, it worked, 50 years later it's still working.

I've been trying to get back to this thread all week i wanted to share more links, but it looks like you've found them now. I did a pretty exhaustive onlineat search of PA cemeteries and came up empty. There are more to search,aper though. No obit, either. I suppose measures were taken to protect the family's privacy, and the obit might have been kept out of the paper. Her dad ran the printing press at the local newspaper, iirc. Idk if that's significant, but it might be. At any rate, it worked. 50 years later it's still

I guess that could be it. But their names are on all the papers at the time. I found a grave for Dorothy Dougherty that could be her mother. Timing wise. But nothing for Frank Dougherty.

I know in one article they referenced her funeral and burial at " the church".

I just don't think I would want a funeral at the church where my child was murdered but you never know. I have searched all the Catholic Churches and cemeteries that were here then and local. I don't know how long they moved out of Bristol either.

It seems the more I search for answers the more questions I have.

I have been searching all morning for her and her parents and nothing... Even on Ancestry.. Nothing.. No birth no death, Even tried her parents and nothing comes up.

I just searched Ancestry again and could not find anything either. When I defined it I got private trees. They aren't sharing info on her.

I can not believe with all that is involved in this case so little is known. I think I am going to have to do searching in local libraries for info. I can not find a death notice, any birth notice. I figure she was born in late 1952 because some of the articles have her as 10 and not 9.

Okay finally a break!! I found that she is buried at Our Lady Of Grace Cemetary.. I found some old articles from the 70's. I downloaded the my computer and if you tell me how I can upload them for you to read, I will be happy too. I don't know if I can just attach them? one from 1977 is a big detailed article with different details than we have now including reports that people saw him in the window of the church as the Bank clerk,not the housekeeper tried to get in. Which makes sense. A Housekeeper would have keys.

And there is another daughter. Kay.

And by 1977 the mother is dead. Dorothy.

Reading more!!

Sorry I am just editing this as long as no one replies to add details..

Kay Ella is the sister. She was 3 when Carol Ann was killed.
The Father, Frank J Dougherty was 38 when she was killed.

Okay finally a break!! I found that she is buried at Our Lady Of Grace Cemetary.. I found some old articles from the 70's. I downloaded the my computer and if you tell me how I can upload them for you to read, I will be happy too. I don't know if I can just attach them? one from 1977 is a big detailed article with different details than we have now including reports that people saw him in the window of the church as the Bank clerk,not the housekeeper tried to get in. Which makes sense. A Housekeeper would have keys.

Reading more!!

Wow ! well done. Can anybody help please ? Sorry I wouldn't know where to start.

I'm not much help. I know, one way, that photos go to a photobucket acct and then we can download them. I also am struggling with how to upload pics directly. Did you try the profile page where it says to upload.

I think there are instructions on how to do attachments right here on the forum. I will see if I can find it.

I know how to copy and past links, if that is what you have:

Okay, if the info you want us to see is on the web, you can link them to the forum this way.

1.Go to the original page you want to link.
2.then, go to the WWW address line at top of page,
3.highlight the info in that box;
4.then click right on mouse for menu(make sure the addy stuff stays highlighted), and you will see COPY, paste, etc. Click copy. THEN...

Go to the message box where you post your replys. Click right again on mouse and press PASTE. Your link will be on the thread for us to read.

PDFs can't be copied by most. So you will have to go to original resource to link it.

Sabadish is mentioned somewhere in this awesome book - about the VIDOCQ society (a must read)

Too weary to hunt it down right now tho.

Nothing shocks me, but when I logged on and saw this thread I was floored.

Over the ages my mother spoke of this murder in hushed tones. It was the single reason we were never allowed to go to Church alone. Not my brother's who were altar boys or even years later my DD who was in the choir. We were never permitted to go into the bathroom of Church alone.

My grandparents lived behind Bath Road in Bristol and when we'd visit we would attent this Church or the other Church with the gold steeple. I think it is Ukranian. My mother seldom cries. When she speaks of this poor child her eyes fill.

I'm almost positive she would have nothing to add and my grandparents are deceased. It just is synchronicity when I saw the VIDOCQ society because my father worked and was friends with Mr. Sam Weinstein for his whole career. A good cop and Detective and a very, very nice man.

Prayers to you all for trying to help solve who would hurt and murder a child. I just think it was back in those days "We don't talk about these things" was the mentality.

Again I am sorry I have nothing to offer unless my mom remembers anything.

The mother was 42 at the time of the murder. So born 1920. dead by 1977

Robin Hood, If you have ancestry, I searched Bucks County Courier times with just her name and got access to most the information.
It is publications from 7,8,9, feb 1977 Then I did all publications and got many more articles from across the country with in a day or two of the murder. All with a little more information.

I will try and figure how to copy them here legally and correctly.

Thank you so much for posting this. I am enjoying reading this paper. My, how times have changed. After I read the article about Carol Ann, I started looking at the rest of the paper. The ads for the movies and appliances look like they are from another world.

This case is 51 years old now....hard to believe. If they have DNA, can't they put this together if the priest is guilty? Or would there be too much legal dangling for that?

Nothing shocks me, but when I logged on and saw this thread I was floored.

Over the ages my mother spoke of this murder in hushed tones. It was the single reason we were never allowed to go to Church alone. Not my brother's who were altar boys or even years later my DD who was in the choir. We were never permitted to go into the bathroom of Church alone.

My grandparents lived behind Bath Road in Bristol and when we'd visit we would attent this Church or the other Church with the gold steeple. I think it is Ukranian. My mother seldom cries. When she speaks of this poor child her eyes fill.

I'm almost positive she would have nothing to add and my grandparents are deceased. It just is synchronicity when I saw the VIDOCQ society because my father worked and was friends with Mr. Sam Weinstein for his whole career. A good cop and Detective and a very, very nice man.

Prayers to you all for trying to help solve who would hurt and murder a child. I just think it was back in those days "We don't talk about these things" was the mentality.

Again I am sorry I have nothing to offer unless my mom remembers anything.

It was not just that. One of the articles said that as they were interviewing people there were married women who may have known things but they were having affairs and did not want it known why they were around the area..

Born and raised in Philly, the case is interesting to me. Thank you for posting the links.

Pirplegrl, who was seen in the window ?

One report is that murderer was watching from the window that opened over the street. That when he opened the window to look down he pushed a pebble onto a girls head and she looked up. Another said they could see a figure but nothing they could make out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back