PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump... good find on that van. Wonder why these weren't brought up before

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What town did you live in? It seems like a van with a skier on it would be easy enough to locate.

Can you share any more information about this neighbor? There is no risk of defamation once a person is dead.

I just saw your post. We lived in a small town in southern Westmoreland County - I don't know much about the neighbor except he was a grandfather of one of my friends - he passed away in 2003 or so (I looked up his obituary) I was only 10 when Cherrie went missing so I really didn't pay too much attention at the time, but I do remember seeing that van with the skier painted on it when I would be at the bus stop an it kind of freaked me out. - I remember mentioning it to my parents and they blew me off. I asked my mom if she remembers me saying anything to her about the skier van and she doesn't.

Here is the van that may have something to do with Cherrie's abduction. I am almost certain they said it was blue in color.

CMahan_van2.jpg[

[video=youtube;-5iAm56-frQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5iAm56-frQ&feature=share[/video]

A mother's Prayer

[video=youtube;-5iAm56-frQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5iAm56-frQ&feature=share[/video]

A mother's Prayer

Thanks passionflower for posting. I was just thinking about Cherrie and saw a new post. I hope her family gets some answers.

Poor girl. I wonder if they'll ever find out what happened....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is so sad. I wonder if the van really is related to the case, otherwise they have lost attention on other crucial elements

This case is so sad. I wonder if the van really is related to the case, otherwise they have lost attention on other crucial elements

This may sound like an unusual suggestion, but if someone was local to the area and walks the regional auto junkyards, it might be worth it to look for the van with the distinctive mural. Sometimes the far flung country yards tend not to crush up the stripped chassis as frequently.

Also talk to older employees/owners of regional ski resorts/slopes who might remember individuals, employees or ski shops that may have owned the van.

Here is the van that may have something to do with Cherrie's abduction. I am almost certain they said it was blue in color.

View attachment 106834[

The logo on the side of the van (Most likely a Dodge Tradesman) appears to be close to to Blue Mountain's logo and Fern Ridge Ski Rental's logo. Possibly an earlier version of the logo?

The closest ski shops are Ski Haus and Peak Ski. I would start my search by asking if anyone remembered that particular van. The van owner is either a ski enthusiast or a ski shop/resort. You don't make a bold statement on your vehicle for no reason.

Where Cherrie went missing from, (Butler County) is really not an area for ski resorts - A few counties over east in the Laurel Mountains, (Westmoreland/Fayette/Somerset) we have Hidden Valley and 7 Springs.

I can't believe if this van was involved and was from the area someone didn't come forward. It was plastered all over the news stations in Pittsburgh, she and the van description were on the back of milk cartons.

As I have stated in the earlier in this thread a few years back, I had a guy in my neighborhood that had a van with a skier painted on it. I remember saying something to my parents and they blew me off - (probably because I was only 9 years old when Cherrie went missing). A few ago I contacted NamUS and gave them the tip. The man that owned the van died in I believe 2003, and was a grandfather to a girl I went to grade school with.

Cherrie's case was the reason why I got into looking for missing people. It has haunted me for years. I hope she is found and her family is finally given closure.

Today marks 32 years that Cherrie went missing. (I still remember seeing her missing report being on the news like it was yesterday) I hope one day her case is solved. Someone knows something!

Today marks 32 years that Cherrie went missing. (I still remember seeing her missing report being on the news like it was yesterday) I hope one day her case is solved. Someone knows something!

Never give up. I have been personally working Lauren Jackson's case for 29 years. The local LE could care less.

Where Cherrie went missing from, (Butler County) is really not an area for ski resorts - A few counties over east in the Laurel Mountains, (Westmoreland/Fayette/Somerset) we have Hidden Valley and 7 Springs.

I can't believe if this van was involved and was from the area someone didn't come forward. It was plastered all over the news stations in Pittsburgh, she and the van description were on the back of milk cartons.

As I have stated in the earlier in this thread a few years back, I had a guy in my neighborhood that had a van with a skier painted on it. I remember saying something to my parents and they blew me off - (probably because I was only 9 years old when Cherrie went missing). A few ago I contacted NamUS and gave them the tip. The man that owned the van died in I believe 2003, and was a grandfather to a girl I went to grade school with.

Cherrie's case was the reason why I got into looking for missing people. It has haunted me for years. I hope she is found and her family is finally given closure.

Did you ever run the guys name on the PA crime docket website to see if he had ever been convicted of anything? Some murderers and pedophiles live a completely normal family life as far as the public is aware, but are monsters when no one is looking. Just curious how far you dug. I did find there was little in the way of ski slopes, but there is two ski shops. Wish I lived out that way, I would do the leg work.

Did you ever run the guys name on the PA crime docket website to see if he had ever been convicted of anything? Some murderers and pedophiles live a completely normal family life as far as the public is aware, but are monsters when no one is looking. Just curious how far you dug. I did find there was little in the way of ski slopes, but there is two ski shops. Wish I lived out that way, I would do the leg work.

I think I did run his name a few years ago and didn't find anything, but maybe I will check again just to be sure. I wish you lived out this way too - her case just seems to be put by the wayside. I know the PA State Police does receive tips from time to time but I don't believe anything has ever panned out. (they thought a few years back she could have been a girl from Michigan, but DNA proved that the girl was not Cherrie)

I hope you get answers on what happened to sweet Lauren Jackson. Have their been any new developments?

I think I did run his name a few years ago and didn't find anything, but maybe I will check again just to be sure. I wish you lived out this way too - her case just seems to be put by the wayside. I know the PA State Police does receive tips from time to time but I don't believe anything has ever panned out. (they thought a few years back she could have been a girl from Michigan, but DNA proved that the girl was not Cherrie)

I hope you get answers on what happened to sweet Lauren Jackson. Have their been any new developments?

Yes there have. Waiting for an appointment to discuss the case with the county detectives. Local LE seems disinterested. Have my forensic ground probes and have ordered a very expensive deep seeking metal detector that picks up shoelace eyelets, dental fillings etc. And I now have a potential location. At this point I have 3 suspects. Don't want to move further without the detectives knowing what I am doing as local LE may attempt to interfere and/or block access.

s-l300.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back