PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another year came and went still no public information about her whereabouts, have never seen interviews with the bus driver, the mother that picked her kids up at the bus stop and the kids that got off the same stop as Cherrie. Does anybody know if there's any civilian groups that help search for Cherrie?

33 years ago today Cherrie went missing. I still can't believe her case has not been solved.

Cherrie's (step)dad died last week. I keep hoping that someone will say something. While I do not think her parents were involved, as someone who used to live there, I know that SOMEONE has to know something. People and things out of place don't just go unnoticed around there. Someone knows something...and someday Cherrie will be found. Her family are good people- her grandmother was literally one of those salt of the Earth types. I think of Cherrie often and hope that she is found soon, to bring at least her mother and brother and the rest of her family some peace. <3 Cherrie.

I saw on the FB page that someone turned in a tip a few years ago about a convicted sex offender who was from the area that she suspected but he ended up dying in prison. I wonder how thoroughly that tip was investigated. I don't believe her family had anything to do with her disappearance either.

Curious case with a number of clues that don't seem to fit.

I find it odd how a van with a mural of a skier can disappear with a child into thin air?

I think we did some digging on that one and a member here who lived in the area knew who the van belonged to and it had been checked out. No idea how accurate that information was.

Cherrie, where are you? Wonder if any new clues have been developed? Bumping back to the top.

Wondering if PSP has developed anything new in the last year?

Wondering if PSP has developed anything new in the last year?

That would be nice to know. I haven't seen anything on our local news or in the newspapers. Someone knows something. it's been 33 years, they need to come clean.

If LE believes Cherrie’s abductor was someone she knew, you’d think it wouldn’t take this long to make a list? She was 8 & it’s not like social media was around back then. How many people would an 8 yr old know? Gotta be a fairly short list... And that van...it baffles me this case hasn’t been solved. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is any area that needs to searched by foot or be checked for buried metallic evidence, shoe lace eyelets, dental fillings, jewelry etc, this is the ideal time. In about two weeks the undergrowth is going t make it much more difficult.

okay... I belong to a FB group for Cherrie Mahan. This lady who has been saying for awhile now that the van that could have been involved in Cherrie's disappearance will resurface.. well it did. The owner passed away a few months ago and the van was released to a junk yard. The van hasn't been inspected since 1985 ( the year Cherrie went missing) and has been supposedly in storage since then. She went on to say that she doesn't believe the owner of the van had anything to do with her disappearance but someone that used to live in his house might have. This guy died in prison a few years back and I believe the crime was something to do with a sex crime.

Here s an article the Butler Dispatch just posted. I hope it's not fake news and will end up being something that will help solve this case.
ihttps://butlerdispatch.com/2018/08/06/new-tips-provide-crucial-info-in-cherrie-mahan-cold-case/

Here are pics of the van - not exactly like what he 9 year old boy remembered seeing but I think pretty darn close

Attachments

• skier van.jpg
    skier van.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 88
  • van 1.jpg
    van 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 111
  • van 2.jpg
    van 2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 113
  • Van 3.jpg
    Van 3.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 99
okay... I belong to a FB group for Cherrie Mahan. This lady who has been saying for awhile now that the van that could have been involved in Cherrie's disappearance will resurface.. well it did. The owner passed away a few months ago and the van was released to a junk yard. The van hasn't been inspected since 1985 ( the year Cherrie went missing) and has been supposedly in storage since then. She went on to say that she doesn't believe the owner of the van had anything to do with her disappearance but someone that used to live in his house might have. This guy died in prison a few years back and I believe the crime was something to do with a sex crime.

Here s an article the Butler Dispatch just posted. I hope it's not fake news and will end up being something that will help solve this case.
ihttps://butlerdispatch.com/2018/08/06/new-tips-provide-crucial-info-in-cherrie-mahan-cold-case/

Here are pics of the van - not exactly like what he 9 year old boy remembered seeing but I think pretty darn close

I'm from Butler and unfortunately, "Butler Dispatch" is not a reliable source. Until MSM reports on it, I would not trust anything you read from that site.

I'm from Butler and unfortunately, "Butler Dispatch" is not a reliable source. Until MSM reports on it, I would not trust anything you read from that site.

I was watching a war between a few people on the Cherrie Mahan FB page yesterday and I think the kid who runs the Butler Dispatch was banned. I also saw people calling the lady names who first mentioned about the van. I honestly think she is on to something - she has been posting for years on Cherrie's FB page but was afraid to come out completely because of family. She said she contacted authorities, but so far nothing in the news. I remember when they received a tip that Cherrie could be alive and living in Michigan, it was breaking news on the Pittsburgh News Stations. Either they are keeping this new info close to their belt, or it's fake. I pray it's a tip than finally pans out.

This came up in my news feeds from the website you mentioned ... good lawrdy what a mess that turned into. Never heard of the website before this

New tips provide crucial info in Cherrie Mahan cold-case

On August 4th, 2018 – our intern and investigative reporter, Zach Scherer, received a valuable tip a van found possibly matching the description of the van used in the abduction of Cherrie Mahan. Scherer relayed the photos to our board of directors prior to posting anything online..

It was determined to proceed with posting the information online. To prevent any miscommunication, the information posted was only on our one Facebook page, ButlerDispatch.com – and not our website. No monetization can be enabled on Facebook-only posts, therefore no monies were made by “clicks” or “views”.

I was watching a war between a few people on the Cherrie Mahan FB page yesterday and I think the kid who runs the Butler Dispatch was banned. I also saw people calling the lady names who first mentioned about the van. I honestly think she is on to something - she has been posting for years on Cherrie's FB page but was afraid to come out completely because of family. She said she contacted authorities, but so far nothing in the news. I remember when they received a tip that Cherrie could be alive and living in Michigan, it was breaking news on the Pittsburgh News Stations. Either they are keeping this new info close to their belt, or it's fake. I pray it's a tip than finally pans out.

Chaddylex, I know you have been one of the few that have been diligent in your pursuit of the truth in this case. I pray that something comes from this new information. Anything to help further the case along and bring it from cold to warm to hot!

Hope LE take possession of the van and checks it for blood and hair evidence. Would like to see DNA rule the van in or out so we know in what direction to keep sleuthing.

If the DNA evidence (if found) is positive, it will probably lead to a warrant to search home, buildings, etc. of the owner and family members as well as a closer look at the individual who died in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back