PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Morning all!

I know many of you who have posted with me for years or even over a decade must have thought I'm surely anti female or anti mothers. All of the cases I've posted on involving horrid female murder suspects, many against their own children or when murdering adult victims certainly may have given that false impression.

I assure everyone that is not remotely true. I am indeed very proud of being a female myself, and so proud of the millions of great women in our nation, with many of them posting right here on WS. :)

How I have differed perhaps is when females are in the criminal justice system through violent crimes of their own doing.

I have never made any excuses nor tried to find reasons to diminish their unbelievable sadistic cruelty, predatory crimes, nor all of the countless violent murders they have committed. I'm one who truly believes in justice for all.

Over the decades I've been sickened by the double standards in our justice system where for many years murdered babies, and defenseless children were valued FAR FAR less if they were neglected, horrifically abused, and brutally murdered by their own biological mothers.

Yet if they suffered the same fate by any male or bio father the innocent victims were highly valued as ALL little children should, and must be valued the same. All deserve no less than equal value, no matter what gender their offenders happens to be.

I know I must have angered, and frustrated many when I came down just as hard on female suspects as I did every vile male suspects.

All I wanted everyone to perhaps realize is females are just as deadly evil as any male offenders, and in many murder cases their violent acts were barbaric demonic overkills going way beyond what it took to kill their victims, both little children, and adult victims as well.

Imo, We no longer can pretend they are the gentle kinder gender when their own violent evil acts lands them in the criminal justice system or use the excuse that someone else must have driven them do the despicable violence they themselves do right by themselves or are very willing coconspirators who may be other females or team up with males who have the same twisted evil mind set as they do.

I believe it is my duty to bring awareness since I'm a survivor from being neglected, abused in all forms in my own childhood. I feel I must be a strong advocate for ALL children, both little girls, and boys.

I can't ignore that almost 60 percent of all maltreatment of children is perpetrated by their own biological mothers.

Yes, it's hard to digest, I know, that the worst most dangerous enemy all abused children will ever face in their childhood is behind closed doors living with their own dreadful mommy dearest.

If only these 2 beautiful children could speak they would tell us what all she did, and made them endure during their short lives, but she has rendered them voiceless like so many others have done, and will sadly continue to do in the future.

We as a society must be the strong voice for ALL children, especially for those who have been murdered by their fathers or mothers or by anyone else for that matter, no matter the gender of the suspects.

Jmho
Solidarity Sister Ocean. ❤️ Strong voices can change the world. Speak out. Make a difference. Take a stand. I’m an advocate for child sexual abuse and domestic violence survivors. Sixty years ago - longer - there were no domestic abuse shelters, no child counselors to speak to- the shame was well protected as it was an unspoken crime kept in the household. Sexual abuse. Substance abuse. Violence. No. It’s not happening. If it is, it will go away. Don’t talk about it. Don’t tell anyone. People refused to believe it if you dared to tell. LE’s SOP back then was just to tell abuser to settle down, lay off the wife and you’re scaring the kids. That’s it. Then they would leave - never knowing what went on afterwards. Time after time. Until victims would no longer call for help. Why? It just made it worse afterwards. There was a price to be paid for that call. It’s a learned behavior. Keep your mouth shut and take it until it’s over. Thank God awareness has progressed. Choices are now available. Education. Options. Support. Hope.

What about the dog? There is no fenced in area for the dog to run free for play and exercise. Is there? I need to find those photos again and really look at the neighborhood. Was dog on a running leash line in the backyard?
^^sbm

I recall that every interview LS had with LE she told them the dog was kept outdoors on the leash.

But now -- with the facts out, I think the allegations that the dog was kept outside the residence on a leash were both to distance herself from the "outdoor dog" and to justify the leash purchase.

From the arrest affidavit -- pretty clear the poor dog spent many hours indoors -- more specifically -- inside LS bedroom.

Oct 11, 2019

Lisa Snyder and her 17-year-old son, who was living in the house, told troopers that Conner Snyder frequently played video games and would surf the internet using an XBox gaming console. Police seized the console, cellphones, two tablets and a laptop computer, according to court papers.

During a later interview, Lisa Snyder told troopers she owned a black medium-sized dog, a Husky pit bull mix weighing about 50 pounds. She said the dog had been kept outside the residence attached to a wire cable lead with a plastic coating. Troopers said Lisa Snyder has since given the dog away. bbm

Children found unconscious in Albany Township were discovered hanging from basement rafters, authorities say

I'm still not sure if she gave the dog away after or before the murders, I have seen both versions.

LS told investigators she was outside with dog on 9/23/19 (smoking - throwing dog toy). Also from the APC - the dog was still at home on 9/18/19.

IMO, the dog was given away after 9/23/19 and why there was a separate search warrant issued specifically for the dog.

View attachment 219414 View attachment 219415 View attachment 219416 View attachment 219417

I was at Walmart this morning and took a look at the dog leads. I believe this is the one used, it was the only brand of leads . These are my own photos.
I envisioned a similar one except one having hooks at both ends:
shopping

Titan Spiral Stake & Heavy Dog Tie Out, 15-ft, Blue - Chewy.com

It is designed to hook to a stake that twists into the ground at one end and attaches to the dog's collar at the other. That would enable making a "noose" at both ends. I used a lighter version for my little dog to keep him in the yard while a fence was being constructed.

I envisioned a similar one except one having hooks at both ends:
shopping

Titan Spiral Stake & Heavy Dog Tie Out, 15-ft, Blue - Chewy.com

It is designed to hook to a stake that twists into the ground at one end and attaches to the dog's collar at the other. That would enable making a "noose" at both ends. I used a lighter version for my little dog to keep him in the yard while a fence was being constructed.

APC describes ends containing swivel eye snap hooks so I'm sure it's same as what's depicted in @Peppery photos.

Solidarity Sister Ocean. ❤️ Strong voices can change the world. Speak out. Make a difference. Take a stand. I’m an advocate for child sexual abuse and domestic violence survivors. Sixty years ago - longer - there were no domestic abuse shelters, no child counselors to speak to- the shame was well protected as it was an unspoken crime kept in the household. Sexual abuse. Substance abuse. Violence. No. It’s not happening. If it is, it will go away. Don’t talk about it. Don’t tell anyone. People refused to believe it if you dared to tell. LE’s SOP back then was just to tell abuser to settle down, lay off the wife and you’re scaring the kids. That’s it. Then they would leave - never knowing what went on afterwards. Time after time. Until victims would no longer call for help. Why? It just made it worse afterwards. There was a price to be paid for that call. It’s a learned behavior. Keep your mouth shut and take it until it’s over. Thank God awareness has progressed. Choices are now available. Education. Options. Support. Hope.

So true, so true my beautiful Sister!

We are all the voices for the voiceless.

Many with names we will never know, yet right now there are so many children, women, and men being horribly abused.

Many little terrified children are crying out in the night with no help or hope in sight.

May all who are suffering from ongoing abuse or who have been traumatized by it in the past, and present be cherished, and deeply loved.

God bless all victims of abuse, and may they all be brought out of the darkness into God's beautiful light.

Jmhoo

The walmart picture only shows one clip or clamp at the end of the lead. That would make one noose. How would the other end make a noose? Tie it which I'd think is way to advance for CS at 8 years old.? Or a clamp on both ends? Still extremely advanced for the children.

eta, oh 2 end clips/clamps. Still I can't see CS thinking this out. Too complex for his age.

The walmart picture only shows one clip or clamp at the end of the lead. That would make one noose. How would the other end make a noose? Tie it which I'd think is way to advance for CS at 8 years old.? Or a clamp on both ends? Still extremely advanced for the children.

eta, oh 2 end clips/clamps. Still I can't see CS thinking this out. Too complex for his age.

It makes me livid that LS placed the blame on this beautiful, innocent child who by all accounts did not have the dexterity or capacity to maneuver a noose let alone the measured set up around the rafters as reported by first responders. I'm convinced these children trusted their mother who tricked them to their death. Pure evil.

We also know from the APC that LS ordered the dog cable tie out from Walmart Online and I was surprised to find 5 pages of coated cables on their website.

However, in interviews with the Pennsylvania State Police, a witness explained that the children were terrified of the basement and did not normally play in the basement. (*I missed the underlined)
Timeline of deaths of 2 children found hanging in Berks County

Prior to their deaths, the children were under the observation of social services. “Assessment and ongoing case management services were provided to Connor and Brinley Snyder through Berks County Children and Youth Services,” according to a spokesperson from the state’s Department of Human Services.
‘Psychological autopsy’ possible for mysterious deaths of two children found hanging by a dog leash line in basement

“Assessment and ongoing case management services were previously provided to the family of Conner and Brinley Snyder through Berks County Children and Youth Services, ” Erin James, a DHS spokeswoman, said Wednesday. She declined to elaborate or provide dates.
Police serve new search warrant, turn up more phones at Berks home where children were found hanged

***"Under our law, I believe CYS has more authority to take your children from you than the police do to charge you with a crime,” longtime child law attorney Matthew Kopecki said.

"I think the law that exists for the police has been parsed out over a long time; years and years and years. Where the law that really applies for CYS is relatively new. So I don't think there's been a lot of litigation, but I think it's a hot topic,” Kopecki said.

"Let's say it's an allegation of sexual abuse. They call pull your 11-year-old child out of school and start asking them sexually related questions that you as a parent may not feel comfortable having your child answer,” Kopecki said.

"If the police are going to pull your child out of class and start questioning them, they do have some authority to do that. But the police aren't going to do that the first thing,” he said.

CYS confirms Kopecki’s statements, saying a “caseworker is permitted to meet with a child in their school without a parent present.”
Does CYS have more authority than police?

"We know that there was a 2014 involvement. So, if there's 2014 involvement, then we have a dead zone of space here. And the public wants to know what happened,” State Rep. Tarah Toohil, (R-Hazleton), said.

"My hope is at some point, the legislatures who are involved are able to at least talk about some aspects of this and even talk about 'hey, this is all the screwups that were made.' But to talk about, 'hey, this is how we are going to fix it,” Toohil said.

A trend analysis report, released by the Department of Human Services, which oversees CYS, found that in 2015 alone there were 220 child fatalities or near-fatalities.

64% were known or previously known to CYS at the time of their deaths.

"The deaths that you're seeing, from what I see in my practice, these are all symptoms of the problem,” longtime child law attorney Matthew Kopecki said.

Toohil says one of the biggest questions right now is whether anyone referred Snyder to CYS after her kids returned home in 2015.

"It would be surprising if there was never any outreach by the community or by family saying that something was wrong, and people reporting something is wrong,” she said.

Over the past few days, Project PA reached out to Berks County CYS several times asking if anyone referred Snyder to CYS after 2015.

Our team hasn’t heard back and is now in the process of filing a Right to Know request.

"There are other children out there. There must be other children out there in this great state of Pennsylvania. And why are we not catching them before they fall through the cracks,” she wondered.

The state will, however, likely release some information, including Conner and Brinley’s fatality report, after the case is closed.
Project PA | Could Pennsylvania have done more to protect the Snyder children?

One formal board, the Child Death Review Panel, is run by the state Department of Health and the other, the Fatality and Near Fatality Review Panel, is run by the state Department of Human Services.

Those boards are regularly hearing cases and include child health experts and others in similar fields.

And, Berks County District Attorney John T. Adams expects the case to be presented to the Multidisciplinary Investigative Team, a group out of his office that convenes twice monthly to review child abuse and deaths.

Meanwhile, Coroner Dennis J. Hess is on the Health panel, which meets monthly to discuss ongoing investigations of fatalities or near deaths of anyone under the age of 21, Hess said.

"A report has to be sent to the Department of Health in Harrisburg every 30 days, so we will have to meet and discuss the case and send that report off to Harrisburg," Hess said. "Every 30 days the case will have to be re-reviewed and anything new has to be added to the report and sent."
Albany Township mystery child deaths to be reviewed by special panels

“Whenever we look at a child fatality, it’s real easy for us to come to conclusions and assume that there’s somebody who did something wrong. And I think we have to take a really careful look at child fatalities and what are those underlying reasons,” Rachael Miller, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children, said.

“Whenever there is a child fatality, or near-fatality, the county agency is required to convene what is called an Act 33 review team. This team is a broad based group of individuals who have expertise in the field: medical professionals, mental health professionals,” Miller said.

Miller says the team has one goal in mind.

“...try to come to some consensus as to could this have been prevented, or what can we do to prevent cases like this resulting in another child fatality or near-fatality,” she added.
Project PA | Search warrant reveals children were found hanging in Berks County home

Morning everyone!

What I also wish would happen is for boys, and adult men who have suffered traumatizing abuse to have much more support as well.

It breaks my heart to know males are the least likely to ever report abuse, whether in their childhood or report horrific DV, both emotionally, and physical violence perpetrated by their spouses or female partners.

I've known two myself. One who was abused for over 20 years. He stayed in his hellish marriage because back then it was almost a given the mom got custody of the children even if unfit. Thank God that has chanced now, and many dads are finally being granted full custody. In fact when our friend's wife threw scalding hot water on Paul landing him in the hospital from the severe burns he finally filed for divorce, and was granted custody of their two children. But he had documented evidence plus the judge talked privately with the children learning much more about how she had abused their dad for many years. The other was a friend/coworker of my hubby. She had constantly abused him for 18 years of marriage. He filed for divorce, and the judge had granted him full custody of their 13 year old daughter. The day before his divorce would have been final she shot him 6 times in the back, and once in the head when he was leaving for work. She did so right in front of their daughter. She is now doing LWOP in Florida. Their little girl testified against her...so did Kevin's stepson, her own older son.

Some of the most heartbreaking true stories I've read are from blog sites set up for abused, and traumatized men, both during their childhood, and adults. It took one man to finally write about it when he was then in his 40s. Just like all the boys being repeatedly raped by pedophile priests we've seen were much older adult men before they had the courage to even tell what had repeatedly happened to them all.

The other man who has the blog site said he started being molested by his mother when he was four, and the was raped continuously all through his childhood by his mother. Thankfully now there are several blog sites setup for abused males, but much more needs to be done to help them.

Imo, it is one of the reasons why over 25K men commit suicide EACH year. It's an epidemic,but it seems no one seems to really want to find out why its happening in such alarming numbers. :(

Little boys who have been sexually abused are 10 times more likely to try to commit suicide than females who have suffered sexual abuse. The reason is obvious to me any way. They fully believe no one cares about them or their trauma.

How many times do we hear that when boys are raped by an older female pedophile they are to feel lucky? Even the media forsakes these boys saying the female predator 'had sex with' (Gah) when it's actually rape of a minor child? Well its obvious these boys don't feel lucky making them think something must be wrong with THEM since society overall sends them a message your lucky, and there isn't anything to get over. Even their male guy friends who've never been sexually assaulted themselves don't even want the traumatized males to even talk about it.

It leaves millions of boys/men all alone to deal with their own trauma all by themselves. After trying to do so on their own many can't do it alone, and in the end windup killing themselves to stop all of the long lasting never ending emotional pain, and scars that never healed.

If Conner had lived he would have been one among millions who would have had to hold all of the dark secrets inside as to what all he had endured by his own dreadful abusive mother.

We as a society must to much better in supporting and understanding all of the millions of horrifically abused little boys, and adult men as we do all girls, and women who have suffered the same.

Jmho

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy