PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm still trying to catch up, but had a few questions or remarks.

When you read the text and LS says child trouble, then major trouble. Could one of the kids walked in on her and that just added to her list of reason to kill them?

And when LE says wrapped around the children's necks, does it mean just the leads around once? Or wrapped a few times their necks then she killed them?

So many questions and observations.

When speaking to investigators about what and why happened that day, LS told them that Conner had lost twenty five pounds since school started three weeks ago. One seventy five down to one fifty. That's a lot of weight to lose in that short time for an adult,much less a child ,and no one at school noticed or commented on it?

She claims to not know about the bullying until recently, but then says he's been bullied since first grade.

He comes home angry and you'd have this little sit down to talk. She says that Conner had tried to kill himself already and she told him to let her know if he wanted to hurt himself. Didn't he just do that according to her?

So you wait until when to seek help for your bullied suicidal child?

When speaking to investigators about what and why happened that day, LS told them that Conner had lost twenty five pounds since school started three weeks ago. One seventy five down to one fifty. That's a lot of weight to lose in that short time for an adult,much less a child ,and no one at school noticed or commented on it?

She claims to not know about the bullying until recently, but then says he's been bullied since first grade.

He comes home angry and you'd have this little sit down to talk. She says that Conner had tried to kill himself already and she told him to let her know if he wanted to hurt himself. Didn't he just do that according to her?

What makes me even more angry is the fact that everyone at the school claims that Conner was well liked and was even somewhat popular. If the weight loss claim is true, I don't believe it was because of something that happened at school.

What, Conner was about 8? He weighed 175 pounds! No wonder the poor child was bullied!!

I don’t believe in bullying for any reason, but why did this laxidasical mother not know her son was bullied for being grossly overweight? Where was she and why did she let him get this way in the previous years?

Poor little guy, my heart breaks for him as to what he suffered in his life on this earth.

What, Conner was about 8? He weighed 175 pounds! No wonder the poor child was bullied!!

I don’t believe in bullying for any reason, but why did this laxidasical mother not know her son was bullied for being grossly overweight? Where was she and why did she let him get this way in the previous years?

Poor little guy, my heart breaks for him as to what he suffered in his life on this earth.

He wasn't bullied.

He was bullied by his mother. Not by the other kids. She's literally the ONLY person saying he was bullied at school.

Honestly, I dont believe one word that has come from this double murderer's mouth. Not one word.

Everything she has said has been proven to be a lie. Just like she said her son was bullied at school when the truth was he was very well liked. If he was bullied it was by his mommy dearest who had him trapped inside with her.

From the minute the EMTs arrived her CYA lies began.

As an aside:
The insanity defense wont fly. In all murder cases overall by both gender suspects even try the insanity defense. It's less than 1 to 3 percent, and even less who are sucessful.

The truth is murder suspects of either gender are rarely mentally insane. That's one of the reasons I have never understood when countless moms murder their own kids outsiders immediately offer the excuse the mom killers must be mentally insane.

No they weren't insane. Both genders unfortunately are very capable of pure diabolical evil. It rears its evil head far too often whether it's against innocent children or innocent adults both genders brutally kill.

I highly doubt this suspect will plea, and I'm not even sure the DA would accept a plea deal even if her defense offered one. We have to remember who this suspect is who was convinced she could hoodwink the police into believing her pathological lies. I'm sure she feels she can hook at least one jury into believing her lies.

Some murder cases are so heinous a plea with the suspect is not warranted or deserved, but we will see.

Jmho

Berks County prosecutors to seek death penalty against mother charged in hanging deaths of her children

[..]

In Snyder's formal arraignment before Judge Paul M. Yatron she pleaded not guilty and was returned to the county prison, where she's been held without bail since her arrest Dec. 2.

In filing to seek the death penalty, prosecutors said the crimes meet the threshold of aggravating factors required in Pennsylvania for a capital case.

The primary aggravating factors are that there were two victims and both were children, District Attorney John T. Adams said.

"The decision to seek the death penalty was not made lightly, but we decided there was overwhelming evidence of the aggravating factors," he said.

[..]

According to police, court records and testimony at Snyder's preliminary hearing:

Police and medics were called to the home by Snyder and they found the children hanging from opposite ends of a plastic coated dog lead that had been wrapped around the main support beam of the basement ceiling.

Each end of the lead was wrapped around the victims' necks. Two chairs were tipped over on the floor on either side of the bodies, which were about 3 feet apart.

When Snyder spoke with first responders she wasn't crying, and told them that Conner was being bullied at school, appeared stressed when he got off the school bus that day, and asked her for the dog lead before going into the basement with his sister.

Other witnesses contradicted her claims that Conner was depressed.

Conner's occupational therapist said the boy wasn't physically capable of fastening the dog lead around his own neck, let alone his sister's.

Internet searches from a number connected to a missing phone of Snyder's showed internet searches for how to hang oneself with a "short drop, single suspension."

Her online accounts also showed photos of her forcing a dog to perform sex acts on her, so she was also charged with bestiality and cruelty to animals.

Berks County prosecutors to seek death penalty against mother charged in hanging deaths of her children

[..]

In Snyder's formal arraignment before Judge Paul M. Yatron she pleaded not guilty and was returned to the county prison, where she's been held without bail since her arrest Dec. 2.

In filing to seek the death penalty, prosecutors said the crimes meet the threshold of aggravating factors required in Pennsylvania for a capital case.

The primary aggravating factors are that there were two victims and both were children, District Attorney John T. Adams said.

"The decision to seek the death penalty was not made lightly, but we decided there was overwhelming evidence of the aggravating factors," he said.

[..]

According to police, court records and testimony at Snyder's preliminary hearing:

Police and medics were called to the home by Snyder and they found the children hanging from opposite ends of a plastic coated dog lead that had been wrapped around the main support beam of the basement ceiling.

Each end of the lead was wrapped around the victims' necks. Two chairs were tipped over on the floor on either side of the bodies, which were about 3 feet apart.

When Snyder spoke with first responders she wasn't crying, and told them that Conner was being bullied at school, appeared stressed when he got off the school bus that day, and asked her for the dog lead before going into the basement with his sister.

Other witnesses contradicted her claims that Conner was depressed.

Conner's occupational therapist said the boy wasn't physically capable of fastening the dog lead around his own neck, let alone his sister's.

Internet searches from a number connected to a missing phone of Snyder's showed internet searches for how to hang oneself with a "short drop, single suspension."

Her online accounts also showed photos of her forcing a dog to perform sex acts on her, so she was also charged with bestiality and cruelty to animals.

If there EVER was a case for it.... this is one. She's one of the most disgusting, reprehensible creatures I've ever heard of.

Snyder had told a friend she was “depressed and didn’t care about her kids,” Adams said at the news conference. He also said toxicology reports showed the children had no drugs in their system at the time.

Pennsylvania mom charged with murder in deaths of children found hanged, DA says ‘horrific’ case ‘hits us in the heart’
The kids had no drugs in their system. That actually makes me sadder for them. I'd hoped they were drugged up and had no idea what was happening. :(

Last edited:
I'm not surprised this case has become a death penalty case.

I had just posted earlier I doubted the DA would accept any plea deal with the horrid murderer.

She deserves no less than death.

I've kept up with countless killers who were parents to their little victims. Yet this one shocked even me at how cold, methodical, and evil this one was as she stood there watching her precious children struggle to breathe.

Their deaths weren't quick, and painless, they knew they were dying, and knew WHO was taking their lives away.

I cant begin to imagine the fear they felt knowing they were helpless to stop it from happening.

It truly is one of the worst child murder cases I've followed in recent years.

Jmho

Last edited:
The truth is murder suspects of either gender are rarely mentally insane. That's one of the reasons I have never understood when countless moms murder their own kids outsiders immediately offer the excuse the mom killers must be mentally insane.

No they weren't insane. Both genders unfortunately are very capable of pure diabolical evil. It rears its evil head far too often whether it's against innocent children or innocent adults both genders brutally kill.

RSBM
I think it boils down to the fact that the vast majority simply don't fully understand what it means to be 'not criminally responsible by reason of insanity' in a legal sense... Nobody in their right mind could possibly do such a thing ~ they MUST be insane! And that's true to some extent, of course. There's definitely something wrong within the brains of these heinous criminals. But, in most cases, they knew what they were doing was wrong, as evidenced by any attempt to hide or cover up their involvement; and that, in and of itself, is enough to eliminate insanity as a viable defense. MOO

RSBM
I think it boils down to the fact that the vast majority simply don't fully understand what it means to be 'not criminally responsible by reason of insanity' in a legal sense... Nobody in their right mind could possibly do such a thing ~ they MUST be insane! And that's true to some extent, of course. There's definitely something wrong within the brains of these heinous criminals. But, in most cases, they knew what they were doing was wrong, as evidenced by any attempt to hide or cover up their involvement; and that, in and of itself, is enough to eliminate insanity as a viable defense. MOO

I very much agree about the vast majority not fully understanding legal insanity and where a true defense of guilty by reason of insanity becomes an intersection of moral guilt, mental illness and legal culpability.

I learned much about the merits of such defense during the James Holmes trial (Aurora shooter) where the guys' mental illness history was astounding. In this case, the jury agreed that he was indeed mentally ill but legally sane.

Criminal insanity is very seldom proven -- laughable that LS would even go there. Nope --not a chance in hades!

MOO

According to the Kempton Community Center Facebook page, this bench, designed by the older brother, was placed at the Center's playground on May 13th.

98209361_2833660686759580_4118680487889731584_n.jpg

This was a heinous crime, deserving of the death penalty. And because the children were under the age of 12, they meet the criteria. But there has been a moratorium on executions since 2015. Although a report on capital punishment has been in the works since 2011, I can find nothing on it being resolved. But I suppose it can be a bargaining chip, as was used in the Lizzy Shelley case. But in this instance, they can offer to take it off the table if she pleads guilty. But in my opinion I think her attorneys will plead a temporary insanity case.
Temporary insanity is a very difficult defense to pull off. We'll see how it goes. Friends, family and possibly neighbors may be able to shed light on her moods, conversations and actions prior to this horrible event.

Temporary insanity is a very difficult defense to pull off. We'll see how it goes. Friends, family and possibly neighbors may be able to shed light on her moods, conversations and actions prior to this horrible event.
I mean, it wasn't that "temporary" was it? It was something she planned, I believe temporary insanity situations happen quick and are sudden, it doesn't really match with this level of planning.

I mean, it wasn't that "temporary" was it? It was something she planned, I believe temporary insanity situations happen quick and are sudden, it doesn't really match with this level of planning.
I don't believe temporary insanity was at play in this case. There was too much planning involved with the purchase of the dog leash. And LS had a "story" prepared which implicated Conner right from the start.

Insanity relies on the perp not being able to distinguish right from wrong at the time of their crime. LS certainly knew what she was doing was wrong. Having a bestiality fetish or whatever doesn't make her insane.

While I'm not opposed to the DP in a case like this in which the murderer is obvious IMO the best use of the charge is to get LS to plead guilty and accept LWOP. What's the point of wasting tax dollars providing her with DP qualified attorneys and endless motions? I'm quite happy to see her die in prison since she would be removed from society any way. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back