PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the Kempton Community Center Facebook page, this bench, designed by the older brother, was placed at the Center's playground on May 13th.

98209361_2833660686759580_4118680487889731584_n.jpg
This just broke my heart. The older brother is a victim of his evil mother too.

According to the Kempton Community Center Facebook page, this bench, designed by the older brother, was placed at the Center's playground on May 13th.

98209361_2833660686759580_4118680487889731584_n.jpg
Video controller and girl on a swing..... broken heart here. Kudos to big brother and hope he's receiving all the love, support, and guidance possible as his life with LS must have been a living hell. MOO

I don't believe temporary insanity was at play in this case. There was too much planning involved with the purchase of the dog leash. And LS had a "story" prepared which implicated Conner right from the start.

Insanity relies on the perp not being able to distinguish right from wrong at the time of their crime. LS certainly knew what she was doing was wrong. Having a bestiality fetish or whatever doesn't make her insane.

While I'm not opposed to the DP in a case like this in which the murderer is obvious IMO the best use of the charge is to get LS to plead guilty and accept LWOP. What's the point of wasting tax dollars providing her with DP qualified attorneys and endless motions? I'm quite happy to see her die in prison since she would be removed from society any way. MOO.

Imo, honestly I dont think it's a waste of taxpayer dollars. The very harshest sentence allowable should be given in this case with this particular suspect. Imo, giving her LWOP would be giving her a lesser sentence which she in noway deserves.

All states who have the death penalty as an option already allocate funds each year to be spent in death penalty qualified cases. Imo, this one would be money well spent.

I think we can all agree if the defendant had been the father he would deserve the harshest punishment allowable. This female offender should be given the same as dads who commit same like crimes such as these.

Imo, in fact these murders were far more sadistic, and brutal than others we've seen. To do what she did, and how she did it is one of the cruelest I've kept up with in recent years.

She gave no mercy to her precious innocent children as she stood there watching them die a slow agonizing death therefore she deserves exactly what she gave her little victims.

I really dont care if she dies on death row waiting execution, but it's the only place she belongs. Any other punishment handed down wouldn't fit the crimes. To do what she did shows she's diabolically evil to the core.

She truly is one of the worst murderers just by the way she carried them out , and compounding it even further her targeted victims were the most defenseless in our society.

Jmhoo tho.

I don't believe temporary insanity was at play in this case. There was too much planning involved with the purchase of the dog leash. And LS had a "story" prepared which implicated Conner right from the start.

Insanity relies on the perp not being able to distinguish right from wrong at the time of their crime. LS certainly knew what she was doing was wrong. Having a bestiality fetish or whatever doesn't make her insane.

While I'm not opposed to the DP in a case like this in which the murderer is obvious IMO the best use of the charge is to get LS to plead guilty and accept LWOP. What's the point of wasting tax dollars providing her with DP qualified attorneys and endless motions? I'm quite happy to see her die in prison since she would be removed from society any way. MOO.
The dog leash, the fact that she had multiple phones and didn't turn all of them in to LE when they asked for her phone, the dog thing... it's just too much.

Imo, honestly I dont think it's a waste of taxpayer dollars. The very harshest sentence allowable should be given in this case with this particular suspect. Imo, giving her LWOP would be giving her a lesser sentence which she in noway deserves.

All states who have the death penalty as an option already allocate funds each year to be spent in death penalty qualified cases. Imo, this one would be money well spent.

I think we can all agree if the defendant had been the father he would deserve the harshest punishment allowable. This female offender should be given the same as dads who commit same like crimes such as these.

Imo, in fact these murders were far more sadistic, and brutal than others we've seen. To do what she did, and how she did it is one of the cruelest I've kept up with in recent years.

She gave no mercy to her precious innocent children as she stood there watching them die a slow agonizing death therefore she deserves exactly what she gave her little victims.

I really dont care if she dies on death row waiting execution, but it's the only place she belongs. Any other punishment handed down wouldn't fit the crimes. To do what she did shows she's diabolically evil to the core.

She truly is one of the worst murderers just by the way she carried them out , and compounding it even further her targeted victims were the most defenseless in our society.

Jmhoo tho.
Like I said, I'm not opposed to the DP. I became really frustrated after the Bella Grogan-Cannella case (Arizona) where JR ended up with LWOP instead of the DP as charged. It dragged on for four years, with motion after motion and more delays than I can count. The judge was a pushover and IMO let the defense attorneys play him. It was extremely hard on Bella's sisters and grandmother.

I agree with you that LS should fry but IMO deserving the DP and actually seeing such a conviction don't always go hand in hand. OTOH, in North Carolina Teghan Skiba's murderer did receive the DP after nearly four years. It took an additional four years for the DA to follow through on charges against the mother, who was given 18 months.

So maybe it depends upon the state. It's been 21 years since the last execution in Pennsylvania. Last week a notice of execution for a cop killer was signed by the Secretary of Corrections but the governor must sign the warrant and for now it doesn't look like he will:
Under Pennsylvania state law, if the governor doesn’t sign a warrant of execution within a certain time, the secretary of the Department of Corrections has 30 days to issue a notice of execution. Wolf, a Democrat, has said he will grant a reprieve each time an execution is scheduled until the state Legislature addresses problems identified in a 2018 report. Wolf has called the system “ineffective, unjust and expensive.”
Execution notice signed for Pennsylvania state trooper killer Eric Frein
So what's the point, other than using the fear of a DP conviction to avoid a lengthy and expensive trial? It's frustrating.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to the DP. I became really frustrated after the Bella Grogan-Cannella case (Arizona) where JR ended up with LWOP instead of the DP as charged. It dragged on for four years, with motion after motion and more delays than I can count. The judge was a pushover and IMO let the defense attorneys play him. It was extremely hard on Bella's sisters and grandmother.

I agree with you that LS should fry but IMO deserving the DP and actually seeing such a conviction don't always go hand in hand. OTOH, in North Carolina Teghan Skiba's murderer did receive the DP after nearly four years. It took an additional four years for the DA to follow through on charges against the mother, who was given 18 months.

So maybe it depends upon the state. It's been 21 years since the last execution in Pennsylvania. Last week a notice of execution for a cop killer was signed by the Secretary of Corrections but the governor must sign the warrant and for now it doesn't look like he will:

So what's the point, other than using the fear of a DP conviction to avoid a lengthy and expensive trial? It's frustrating.

I have to agree. Also, the fact that there is automatic appeals available for a death penalty conviction. I would love to see her locked away - LWOP - on a deal so that she cannot appeal.

I was going to say that even if DP convictions never result in an actual execution, the day-to-day life of an inmate on death row is far worse than that of a LWOP inmate. But... it appears that lawmakers in PA made some changes for death row inmates last year and those inmates now enjoy more than 40 hrs a week out of their cell, are able to purchase TVs, get jobs, etc. Because it appears there’s little difference between the rights afforded to inmates in gen pop and those awaiting execution in PA, seeking the death penalty does seem incredibly pointless and a waste of money.

Pennsylvania Death Row Inmates' Deal For Better Conditions Gets Approved

Monday, June 29th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 37) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts each of 1st degree murder & 3rd degree murder, tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty & sexual intercourse with a dog. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
A review of Google records, according to detectives, revealed searches for "carbon monoxide in a car how long to die" on Sept. 17; "almost got away with it" and "I almost got away with it best episodes" on Sept. 20; "hanging yourself" on Sept. 22; and "do a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide" and "does a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide while idling" shortly before 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 23, five hours before the children were found hanging in the basement. They had been resuscitated on the way there and, once at the hospital, were placed on life support in the pediatric intensive care unit. Both were pronounced dead by the Lehigh County coroner's office on Sept. 26. The children (older son & Conner) had been removed from Snyder’s care in 2014 before they were returned early 2015. Children Protective Services had been involved with the family until Nov. 2015. Brinley was born 3 months later.
12/9/19 Update: Had preliminary hearing. Next preliminary hearing on 2/12/20.
2/12/20 Update: Snyder appeared before a judge at the Berks County Courthouse in downtown Reading for her preliminary hearing on Wednesday. Several family members were called to testify re Snyder's bullying claims. Testified: Eric Bubbenmoyer (employed at the time as an emergency room nurse at Lehigh Valley Hospital, near Allentown, but he was off duty so he was available to respond from his home that afternoon as a volunteer first responder with the nearby Kempton Fire Company). Trooper Jeffrey A. Hummel (of the Hamburg station was the first police officer to arrive). Kimberlyn Watson (Snyder's cousin). Jessica Senft (knows Snyder thru her husband). Trooper Ian Keck (criminal investigator). After hearing approximately four hours of testimony & reviewing the evidence presented by prosecutors, the judge decided to order Snyder to stand trial on two counts each of first- and third-degree murder as well as two felony charges of endangering the welfare of children. Formal arraignment scheduled for 3/12. Prosecutors have not yet announced whether they will seek the death penalty.
3/12/20 Update: Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty. Snyder pleaded not guilty on two counts each of first- and third-degree murder as well as two felony charges of endangering the welfare of children. She is due back in court on June 29.

Monday, June 29th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 37) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts each of 1st degree murder & 3rd degree murder, tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty & sexual intercourse with a dog. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
A review of Google records, according to detectives, revealed searches for "carbon monoxide in a car how long to die" on Sept. 17; "almost got away with it" and "I almost got away with it best episodes" on Sept. 20; "hanging yourself" on Sept. 22; and "do a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide" and "does a hybrid car produce carbon monoxide while idling" shortly before 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 23, five hours before the children were found hanging in the basement. They had been resuscitated on the way there and, once at the hospital, were placed on life support in the pediatric intensive care unit. Both were pronounced dead by the Lehigh County coroner's office on Sept. 26. The children (older son & Conner) had been removed from Snyder’s care in 2014 before they were returned early 2015. Children Protective Services had been involved with the family until Nov. 2015. Brinley was born 3 months later.
12/9/19 Update: Had preliminary hearing. Next preliminary hearing on 2/12/20.
2/12/20 Update: Snyder appeared before a judge at the Berks County Courthouse in downtown Reading for her preliminary hearing on Wednesday. Several family members were called to testify re Snyder's bullying claims. Testified: Eric Bubbenmoyer (employed at the time as an emergency room nurse at Lehigh Valley Hospital, near Allentown, but he was off duty so he was available to respond from his home that afternoon as a volunteer first responder with the nearby Kempton Fire Company). Trooper Jeffrey A. Hummel (of the Hamburg station was the first police officer to arrive). Kimberlyn Watson (Snyder's cousin). Jessica Senft (knows Snyder thru her husband). Trooper Ian Keck (criminal investigator). After hearing approximately four hours of testimony & reviewing the evidence presented by prosecutors, the judge decided to order Snyder to stand trial on two counts each of first- and third-degree murder as well as two felony charges of endangering the welfare of children. Formal arraignment scheduled for 3/12. Prosecutors have not yet announced whether they will seek the death penalty.
3/12/20 Update: Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty. Snyder pleaded not guilty on two counts each of first- and third-degree murder as well as two felony charges of endangering the welfare of children. She is due back in court on June 29.
Is there any way to get hold of full transcripts at all @Niner?

Mom accused of killing kids found hanging in Pa. home says she can’t afford lawyer

June 30, 2020

READING, Pa. (AP) — A woman is seeking taxpayer funds to pay for her defense on murder charges in the deaths of two young children found hanging in an eastern Pennsylvania basement last fall.

Defense attorney Dennis Charles told a Berks County judge Monday that Lisa Snyder, 37, cannot afford her defense and filed a motion seeking funding for expert witnesses she will need at trial. The judge took the motion to declare her indigent under advisement.

[..]

Charles has dismissed the case as amounting to only "speculation and guesswork." Assistant District Attorney Margaret McCallum said Snyder was the only adult in the house when the children were found hanging in the basement of the Albany Township house. They died three days later.

Snyder has maintained that the children killed themselves. She had alleged the boy was bullied, but authorities said there was no evidence of that, and he showed no sign of distress on bus security video that day. An occupational therapist said the boy was not physically capable of harming himself or his sister in that way.
[..]

At the hearing, Snyder’s attorney said his client had less than $400 in the bank when she was taken into custody. Her only asset, he said, was a 2017 Ford Fusion that she acquired by trading in a jeep her grandfather gave her, The (Allentown) Morning Call reported.

Snyder’s parents want to sell the car to reimburse their retirement fund, which they used to get their daughter a lawyer. Prosecutors say proceeds from any sale of the vehicle, which they say is worth about $23,000, should be spent on her defense before public funds are used.

Lisa Snyder, accused of hanging children in Berks County, wants taxpayers to pay for her defense

June 29, 2020

For at least five years leading up to her arrest in December for allegedly hanging her two children in the basement of her Berks County home, Lisa Snyder didn’t hold down a job, her attorney told a judge Monday.

Snyder, 37, didn’t own any real estate and had less than $400 in the bank when she was taken into custody for the alleged murders of 8-year-old Conner and 4-year-old Brinley Snyder. Her only asset was a 2017 Ford Fusion that she acquired by trading in a Jeep her grandfather gave her.

At a hearing Monday in Berks County Court in Reading to determine whether taxpayers should foot Snyder’s legal defense bills, that vehicle became an issue. Snyder’s parents want to sell the car to reimburse their retirement fund, which they tapped to get Snyder a lawyer.

[..]

According to a search warrant, police are interested in an 8:15 a.m. text Snyder received on the missing phone on the day of the incident.

Judge Paul Yatron said he will rule on the defense motion to declare Snyder indigent at a later date.

Snyder is awaiting trial on charges of first-degree murder, third-degree murder, tampering with evidence, endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty and sexual intercourse with a dog. She was arrested in December, following a lengthy investigation.

Snyder has denied the charges. Court records say she told investigators that she believed Conner killed his sister and himself. A 911 recording shows that Snyder told the paramedics that her son said he wanted to die because he was being bullied at school but was “afraid to go alone.”

Could Lisa Snyder’s car hold evidence in Berks County hanged children investigation?

May 8, 2020

State police investigating the deaths of two children found hanging in the basement of their Berks County home last year have zeroed in on the mother’s car, hoping to find evidence within the vehicle’s “infotainment” system.

Newly released court records show that investigators believe the car’s Bluetooth system may have been connected to a cellphone Lisa R. Snyder allegedly hid from police after using it to order the dog lead that was found wrapped around the necks of her children, Conner, 8, and Brinley, 4.

Police have not located the phone, a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and court records show Snyder told investigators that she lost it on the day her children were discovered hanging.

The court records say police believe Snyder “intentionally destroyed or discarded” the Note 9, and “joked” to a friend “about the cops looking for her phone.”

Snyder, 37, of Albany Township is awaiting trial on charges of first-degree murder, third-degree murder, tampering with evidence, endangering the welfare of children, animal cruelty and sexual intercourse with a dog. She was arrested in December, following a lengthy investigation.

[..]

In a search warrant return filed this week, State Trooper Daniel Womer wrote that investigators learned in recent months that Snyder often used Bluetooth to connect her cellphone to her car while driving. The trooper wrote that he wanted to have the car’s infotainment system analyzed for current and deleted information about calls and texts Snyder made or received around the time of her children’s deaths, as well as her internet searches.

Police previously said that Snyder used Conner’s Google profile to search information on death by hanging, as well as true crime television shows about getting away with murder.

According to the warrant, police are interested in an 8:15 a.m. text Snyder received on the missing phone on day of the incident.

Berks County Assistant District Attorney Meg McCallum declined to comment on the search warrants Friday. Snyder’s attorney, Dennis Charles, did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Honestly, I dont believe one word that has come from this double murderer's mouth. Not one word.

Everything she has said has been proven to be a lie. Just like she said her son was bullied at school when the truth was he was very well liked. If he was bullied it was by his mommy dearest who had him trapped inside with her.

From the minute the EMTs arrived her CYA lies began.

As an aside:
The insanity defense wont fly. In all murder cases overall by both gender suspects even try the insanity defense. It's less than 1 to 3 percent, and even less who are sucessful.

The truth is murder suspects of either gender are rarely mentally insane. That's one of the reasons I have never understood when countless moms murder their own kids outsiders immediately offer the excuse the mom killers must be mentally insane.

No they weren't insane. Both genders unfortunately are very capable of pure diabolical evil. It rears its evil head far too often whether it's against innocent children or innocent adults both genders brutally kill.

I highly doubt this suspect will plea, and I'm not even sure the DA would accept a plea deal even if her defense offered one. We have to remember who this suspect is who was convinced she could hoodwink the police into believing her pathological lies. I'm sure she feels she can hook at least one jury into believing her lies.

Some murder cases are so heinous a plea with the suspect is not warranted or deserved, but we will see.

Jmho

Yeah and there’s a difference between being mentally ill and being not guilty by reason of insanity.

I think many criminals, if not most, are mentally ill. Usually personality disordered.

But there are millions of people with mental illness who would never consider harming someone. These people for the most part, are choosing to do what they do. They have free will, despite their mental health issues. They choose evil.

Unless their mental illness makes it so they’re so psychotic they actually do not know what they’re doing (squeezing a neck thinking it’s a lemon is the example we were given in law school, which would probably never happen), or don’t believe what they’re doing is wrong, there’s no chance they can be declared not guilty by reason of insanity.

Insanity is different than just mentally ill.

Planning and/or hiding the crime typically and quickly eliminates a successful insanity defense.

Insane people don’t cover up the crime. They call 911 (I killed my kids). Or they walk down the street naked, and covered in blood.

They have long histories of severe, serious psychosis and hospitalizations. Inability to care for themselves or others. Etc.

Not what we find in this case or almost any case we see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back